Activity on Facebook

Alex95

The True Power Master
Banned User
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Alex95
I've noticed the activity feed for the Super Mario Wiki's Facebook page is kinda...lacking. Last post was in 2013, though the Twitter feed is still continuing. Have we just given up on updating the Facebook side of things?

From what I've seen, Twitter, Tumblr, and similar sites have grown more popular than Facebook (I think because of bad management) so probably that.

Also noticed that The 'Shroom's activity on either medias are lacking as well. The last post on Twitter was for the December issue last year, and the last post on Facebook was a post about Walkazo's passing earlier this year.

Did the admins just run out of interest for these outlets? If you need someone to use them... We could probably set something up for a user to take over or something.

it pretty much boils down to lack of time and shroom staff prioritizing other aspects

we'll try to fix that during 2017

porplemontage said:
If any admin wants posting rights on the MarioWiki Facebook, I will grant it. Alex?

Sure, why not? It'll mostly be reposts of Glowsquid's musings, though :P Nah, I'll do my own thing I guess

We needed some of those, I was looking very hard but I had seemed to lose them at some point along the line

Just spotted this thread and had to jump in. Noticed the Facebook page could use a bit more love – it's been a while since the last update!

Speaking as the unremarkably-sized pooblah of the wiki's twitter, I personally have no interest in expanding to other social medias, and neither did Shokora when we talked about it. Whenever Elon inevitably pisses on the twitter master servers or something, I'll just call it quit.

The current wiki staff has of course all the rights to create and maintain other social media instances should someone on the team desire to do so, though it doesn't seem like anybody is currently interested.

Back