Unlocking mushroom costumes

I just discovered that even after skipping a level or two or more, you can still get a costume unlocked regardless of the difficulty. But will unlocking the costumes work if you skip ALL the levels? Because I'm in a bit of a hurry and expert level is the only way to unlock the bowser costume. I don't think I'm ready for expert difficulty.

What game are you talking about?

As long as you complete the 100-Mario Challenge, you'll get a costume, provided you haven't already unlocked them all on the played difficulty.

Alternatively, if you have a Bowser amiibo, you can scan him and unlock his costume instantly.

You didn't understand my question. Will skipping ALL the levels unlock a costume? Because playing through all of them is hard work and time consuming. I wanna unlock all the costumes quickly. But I soon discovered that even skipping one or two or more levels will still give me a costume. But will skipping ALL the levels unlock a costume as well?

Actually, if you skip ALL the levels without completing a single one, you're not going to get anywhere. You still have to complete the required number of levels, but you're free to skip any that you deem to difficult (or you just don't care for it).

For example, on Easy Mode you have to complete 8 courses. Even if you skip 8 courses, you still have to COMPLETE 8 courses to finish the challenge. You can skip 100 courses, but you still need to complete 8. It is time consuming and hard work, yes, that's the point. You're not supposed to rush through a game quickly (unless you're going for a speedrunning record). You're supposed to play the game. Good news is, you can save any time you want.

Feel free to give this a look. (Super_Mario_Maker#100_Mario_Challenge)

Back