Project: Banners

I don't think I like the blur out at the top of the title. Also, I think you can reduce the text borders there a bit.

n79CKuQ.png

I only reduced the borders for the 'articles', because I want to scrap the 'featured' design anyway.

Uh I like your proposals banner?

I do like the style of it. Though it strikes me as planning after a discussion has been reached, like we're working on a project to beautify Mushroom Kingdom after there is a proposal to beautify it.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I do like the style of it. Though it strikes me as planning after a discussion has been reached, like we're working on a project to beautify Mushroom Kingdom after there is a proposal to beautify it.
I thought more about it as being the plan as a blue(green?)print that's being proposed (which is sometimes updated (slightly) during the proposals's run), rather than a thing that's created after the proposal, as that would require a proposal without plan (which frankly doesn't work).

Ugh, sorry I haven't been able to update this. I'll try and revise the OP at some point soonish. About the Proposals, I don't really see any issues with it. Maybe make the fill in the 'proposals' text a bit brighter.

Nice. Unless anyone has anything else to say, then I presume it's ready to upload. The source code for the Proposals header needs updating though, from '[[File:Proposals.png]]' to '[[File:Proposals.png|800px]]' for consistency with the Maintenance banner.

Okay, it's uploaded now.

E: Oop, you already edited the page.

Well then, that's another one compete!

Lakituthequick said:
I didn't mean to jump in late, but may I make a further suggestion?

I would love to see the banner's "proposals" text be centered as much as possible, because I think it looks a bit out of balance in respect to the rest of MarioWiki:Proposals. The two large shapes could be placed on either side of the text instead (plus I keep misreading the shapes as spelling "TO" at a glance).

Here's a rough cut-paste edit as an example (any proper changes would probably need to be done from your source version):

TC6z7mv.png

Lakituthequick said:
Turtonator said:
Okay, it's uploaded now.
I really would have liked to do that myself.
Oh man, sorry for that. You can take over on uploading that banner; you made it after all, so I shouldn't have interferred.

Lakituthequick said:
Here's what it is with the sideview of the pipe on the right:

proposalsFull.1.1.png

I do agree it is more balanced that way. Shall I upload it this way?
Yes, I think that looks better.

Forewarning: I am not good with graphic design by any means. I wanted to create a mock-up with my thoughts, so there's plenty of room for improvement.

In any case, since the discussion around the FA banner has died out, I wanted to throw it my own idea. Nearly everything about the image is a placeholder, but the main point is the characters looking up, almost in awe, towards the "Featured Articles" text, similar to how our featured articles are supposed to represent the best of the best and therefore inspire awe. The characters are taken from screenshots of Mario Party 4's intro; I cropped them out to the best of my ability and resized them to fit the banner. At the very least, I wanted to generate some more discussion about the banner, even if none of my ideas are used.
PKzGnHb.png

Had some free time, so I made a version of the featured articles banner, heavily based off of TPG's. Let me know what you guys think.

EDIT: Text and the Mario artwork are now bigger, I think it looks a lot nicer this way.

mKJv0Lr.jpg

In that opening, Luigi's as scared, if not, more scared than the other guys.

Nyrie said:
Had some free time, so I made a version of the featured articles banner, heavily based off of TPG's. Let me know what you guys think.

*img*

I really like that one. The colors of the "Featured Articles" text looks really good, and they don't mess up the background.

Thanks! I also made an alternate version where the letters are individually coloured rather than given a gradient. Here's both for comparison:

YNSQvDI.jpg
HSw9xRZ.jpg

I'd say the gradient looks better due to the calmer background.

Back