The 9th Anniversary of Super Mario Galaxy 1.

MnSG said:
The biggest offense with Super Mario Sunshine is hunting down the Blue Coins. A lot of them are episode specific, and you can't even tell if you've gotten all the Blue Coins from a specific episode or not.

At least Super Mario Galaxy doesn't do anything like that.

honestly sometimes this isnt even the worst case as some level design in episodes are disgustingly bad like the hotel for example, and then we have other stuff thats freaking obnoxious such as that red coin mission on that damn leaf which need i remind you is annoying as hell to get to, let alone doing the actual mission.

MnSG said:
The biggest offense with Super Mario Sunshine is hunting down the Blue Coins. A lot of them are episode specific, and you can't even tell if you've gotten all the Blue Coins from a specific episode or not.

At least Super Mario Galaxy doesn't do anything like that.
That's bad. Really, really bad. But it was bad at the time, so I wouldn't say it's a poorly aged mechanic.

Zae Eildus said:
honestly sometimes this isnt even the worst case as some level design in episodes are disgustingly bad like the hotel for example, and then we have other stuff thats freaking obnoxious such as that red coin mission on that dang leaf which need i remind you is annoying as hell to get to, let alone doing the actual mission.
Are they on the same, er, raft as those other absolutely dreadful levels I mentioned? Maybe you can explain?

well the leaf is more unwieldly as you're going far faster and trying to move around trying to get red coins and keep in mind that the water is instant death, so yeah.

Zae Eildus said:
well the leaf is more unwieldly as you're going far faster and trying to move around trying to get red coins and keep in mind that the water is instant death, so yeah.

At least you can go back to start if you tread carefully.

I love the game (it's my first Mario game), but boy do I hate Dreadnought Galaxy. It gives me endless headaches on most of its missions.

MnSG said:
Zae Eildus said:

At least you can go back to start if you tread carefully.

which takes like 10 straight minutes.

Back