Paper Mario Color Splash Recut ACT 1 (SPOILERS FOR FIRST HALF OF ACTUAL GAME)

+Due to Kamek (and Kammy) having an altered role in the Recut, neither of them fly in the background while Mario uses the Unfurl Pipe.
+Instead, when Mario exits the next pipe, he runs into...Pitholl, Cucleer and three Boos, sparring.
PITHOLL: And THAT is how you use the element of SURPRISE, cadets! Now- any QUESTIONS?
CUCLEER: Don’t be shy in voicing your concerns...OR YOU’LL REGRET IT!!
BOO: I have but just one, my lords...are those two and Edwin part of our training today?
Pitholl and Cucleer turn around. They are surprised to see Mario and the gang.
EDWIN: PITHOLL! CUCLEER! I- I didn’t think you’d be here!
PITHOLL: HARK! The traitor- he arrives to bring his FILTH into our midst!
HUEY: Hey- weren’t you two at Ruddy Road earlier today?
CUCLEER: Maybe we were, maybe we weren’t...WHAT’S IT TO YOU?!
EDWIN: Guys, guys, I was just helping Mario and Huey around the island, until they found the-
PITHOLL: Edwin! Don’t TELL me!! Are they looking for the GRAAAaaaand PAINT Stars, by chance?!
HUEY: Yeah, that’s what we’re looking for! I really need to return them to Prisma Fountain, so if you could call your Musketeers off while we find a way into Crimson Tower, that would be grea-
CUCLEER: I’d really like to help you, metal man. But there’s just one problem...THE MUSKETEERS NEED THE GRAND PAINT STARS MORE! THEY’RE NOT SAFE IN PORT PRISMA ANYMORE!
PITHOLL: And neither are you three! Especially near those FLOWERS!
EDWIN: What are you-? Oh.
Mario and co. notice the pollinating flower near them all.
HUEY: These flowers... I didn’t think they still grew on Prism Island. Especially after the-
PITHOLL: Students- new lesson plan! Fight those FIENDISH foes near that flower!
BOOS: At your command, Pitholl!

As soon as the battle starts, the flower sprays its green pollen on Mario and the Boos.
NEW-ISH BGM- Pollen of the Glistening Plant (slower, low pitch version of “Power of the Royal Sticker”)
MARIO: Oooooooh...
EDWIN: The Musketeers warned me about these plants when I was training! If you try starting a fight near them, the plants will react and spray their pollen on everyone! The color of the pollen hints at what each flower does. In this case, while I usually LOVE green, they weaken everyone’s attacks to their lowest power.
After defeating the 3 Boos, Mario earns Triple EXP Hammers.
EDWIN: If you manage to win against the other side while POLLINATOR, our booty will increase dramatically! Since you won under Green Pollen, for example, you earned triple the Experience! So it’s not all bad- if you survive.

+After the battle...
PITHOLL: NO! What disapPOINTment! All that progress- GONE!
CUCLEER: You guys are stronger fighters than I thought...BUT WE’LL WASH THE FLOOR WITH YOUR BODIES NEXT TIME!
Pitholl and Cucleer run off.
EDWIN: We’d better be ready next time we meet them- it could even be for a Grand Paint Star. Huey?
Huey looks concerned.
HUEY: What did they mean, the Grand Paint Stars are no longer safe in Port Prisma?
EDWIN: The Musketeers have been trying to take the Grand Paint Stars for...some reason...Aace hasn’t really explained it well...but none of us had the magic or strength to remove them. We finally found someone who could do it, but then- it was weird- someone on the other side managed to knock the Grand Paint Stars out of the Fountain.
HUEY: The other side? Never mind. The more we talk, the closer those two weird guys get to Crimson Tower. Let’s go, go, go!

POLLINATOR FLOWER EFFECTS
GREEN: Mario's cards are regressed to their weakest state for the battle. TRIPLE EXP HAMMERS
RED: All participants start the battle Burned. 3x RED PAINT
BLUE: All participants start the battle Wet. 3x BLUE PAINT
YELLOW: All participants start the battle Shocked. 3x YELLOW PAINT
PURPLE: All participants start the battle Poisoned. LOTS OF MUSHROOM CARDS (Normal in Chapter 1 and 2 stages, Super in Chapter 3-5, Mega in 6 and above)
ORANGE: Mario's partner perks are disabled. In addition, partner attacks deal half damage. MAXED-OUT PARTNER METER
MONOCHROME: Mario can't apply paint to his cards for the battle. 2.5x RED, BLUE AND YELLOW PAINT

The Mountain Guru is now a Brustache. In addition, someone else is visiting the Mountain Guru.
MOUNTAIN SAGE? [ i.imgur.com/ZO7GDAS.png ]: Ho ho! Well met, Mario! I am the Mountain Sage of Daffodil Peak, Spiridemus. But you can call me Deem. Just like that old Koopa who passed by here a little before you ca-hahame HAHAHAHA!
evfdSC9.jpg

Spiridemus tears off his beard.
SPIRIDEMUS: BAHAHA! Just playin’. I’m just some old Brustache man. Sorry to get your hopes up. I paid a nice amount for a permit, and then busted my bristolls all the way up here for nothing. But on the bright side, I did get to gaze upon one of those Mini Paint Star things. And nothin’ beats the view from up here, despite what those Memphawks think! Anyways, happy trails!
Spiridemus runs off.
EDWIN: Wait- so there’s no Mountain Sage?
Huey looks furious.
HUEY: You’re not the only one steamed! WE’VE BEEN HAD! Mario, Edwin, let’s go give the gatekeeper a piece of our mind! ...After we grab the Mini Paint Star, of course!

+When the crew returns to Daffodil Peak...
HUEY: Let’s go give that lying gatekeeper a peace of our mind!
EDWIN: Huey, Huey, Huey- you’re too frazzled to think straight. Something like this requires a little tact. Let your buddy Edwin do all the talking.
Edwin bounces to the stall happily. Upon arriving there, however...
EDWIN: (angry): ...HEY, LIARFACE! There IS no Mountain Sage! You just made it up to sell tickets to your boring mountain! And if I paid money for that climbing permit, then this face would be MUCH REDDER!
HUEY: Whoa, Edwin! Keep your lid on!
GATEKEEPER TOAD: The Mountain Sage isn’t real?
The Gatekeeper jumps out of his stall.
GATEKEEPER TOAD: I’m as disappointed as you are...
HUEY: What? You thought he was real too?
GATEKEEPER TOAD: Yes, I believed in my heart of hearts that the Mountain Sage was real. Though I can’t remember why I was so convinced... Come to think of it, I can’t remember anything before accepting this gatekeeper job. The last thing I remember is Fribyrd bringing me here after finding me stranded on the mountaintop. And it was the ranger who said the Mountain Sage was real! Do you think she lied to us?
Fribyrd walks in.
FRIBYRD: Now just hold on a moment! This ranger’s no lying heel! There is a Mountain Sage here! I’ve seen him with my own eyes!
HUEY: Really? Because we hiked all the way to the peak, and all we found was some grizzled old faker!
FRIBYRD: Hey! Kids love the kayfabe! And look- I haven’t seen the sage in a while, but he used to train on that mountaintop. You have to believe me! If rumors get out that I made up the Mountain Sage, I’ll be blacklisted.
EDWIN: You know, it’s strange...I know when I’m being lied to, Mario- part of being me. But this time, I think they’re both telling the truth.
FRIBYRD: I’m not lying. Swear on my feathers! Now let’s just keep this quiet and try to find the Mountain Sage.
Fribyrd walks away.
GATEKEEPER TOAD (?): I wonder what happened to the Mountain Sage. My mind’s a complete blank. I’ve got no idea!
After Mario figures out the obvious and repaints the “Gatekeeper”...
GATEKEEPER TOAD/MOUNTAIN SAGE: Eureka... I remember everything. The color missing from my head must’ve damaged my memory. I am one of the Chosen, the divine few imbued with great power. I spend my days on...
(later in the conversation]
MOUNTAIN SAGE: Yes, I am the sage of the mountain- Rokke T.
EDWIN: Phew! So there is a Mountain Sage.
HUEY: ...But you lost your memory? Are you still able to use the power of the Chosen?
ROKKE T: Good question, young one.
Suddenly, Rokke T teleports to the other side of the lower cliffs.
ROKKE T: BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE CHOSEN!
Rokke T uses his mind to create a key atop his head. He then uses his power to destroy a cliff. Mario, Edwin and Huey are amazed.
ROKKE T: Usually, we Chosen aren’t meant to use our power for such savagery. But I have some aggression to work out today... They must have snuck up and drained my head while I was meditating, the miscreants.
Rokke T teleports back to near the stall.
EDWIN: Well, color me impressed! Remind me to tell the other Musketeers to stay on your good side...
HUEY: Hey, do you know anything about the Grand Paint Stars? We’re looking for them.
ROKKE T: The world is vast, young one, and I am but a Toad. I’ve seen no such Paint Stars, but it is a Chosen’s duty to serve those in need. Our paths have crossed for a reason. There’s no doubt about that. Perhaps I am the key to unlocking your true potential...
Rokke T’s eyes start glowing.
ROKKE T: No...it turns out that I’m just the key to unlocking some random door. Well...OK, I guess. I’ll meet you at the Crimson Tower, young one.
Rokke T uses his power to jump incredibly high.
Fribyrd runs back in.
FRIBYRD: Aw, man. Now I have to find a new gatekeeper. Well, I guess I’ve gotten a demotion. Thanks a ton, Mountain Sage.
Fribyrd quickly enters the stall.

RUDDY ROAD II
CHARACTER CHANGE
Red Rescue Squad
- i.imgur.com/bUZJjJu.png
Cosso
Michelle
Staupp
Vinn
Leelee

GAMEPLAY/STORY
+Rather than meeting the Purple Rescue Squad here, it’s Red Rescue Squad’s, Cosso.
COSSO: Greetings, Mario! I’m Cosso, captain of the Red Rescue Squad.
Cosso heads over to the cliff.
COSSO: I’ve received reports that people are having trouble getting past this cliff. We’ve mobilized to see if we can make it easier for others to scale it. Unfortunately, the others haven’t arrived yet. Their absence is blinding! If you see any Red Rescue Squad members at Port Prisma HQ, inform them to meet me here! Over and out!

BLOO BAY BEACH II
STORY

+When the trio returns back to Bloo Bay Beach, the Pianta is panicking.
PIANTA: Hey, Mario! That ship that set sail from the dock got shipwrecked!
EDWIN: Huh? You mean that old Pianta who was going to sail to the end of the world?
HUEY: Let's go check it out.

+Gazing at the sunken ship of Captain Ahant is Marirana, Suebelle, the Pianta woman and the Pianta girl.
PIANTA WOMAN: Like, oh my gosh. He made a drama out of setting off, and then he went and wrecked his ship first thing!
PIANTA GIRL: "I'm going to the edge of the world!" Silly old guy! He's still on the edge of Bloo Bay Beach!
SUEBELLE: Probably too embarrassed to go back home. Ugh- treeheaded men.
MARIRANA: Come on, sis- at least his sail isn' ripped. If he got some wind, he'd prob'bly move again. It's better if the poor thing came back than sink below.

+After Mario uses a correct Artifact in the Cut-Out Zone, Captain Ahant doesn't make it out of the water himself. Instead, a certain lobster-eel rescues him.
NEWCOMER! Keirf
ualBQud.jpg

+While Keirf is hanging 10 in midair, Captain Ahant's hat falls off, revealing a key-shaped trunk.
+After Keirf and Captain Ahant make it back ashore...
EDWIN: Whoa! That was awesome!
HUEY: I know, right? For a second, I thought the captain was going to eat it, but this guy...THIS guy rode that wave like a champ!
KEIRF [ i.imgur.com/DpVCTaT.png ]: DUUUUUUUUUDE! That wave was just killer! And so are three of the babes here! Am I right, Mario?
Mario nods.
SUEBELLE: Pfft...only a shallow woman would fall for simple tricks like that.
MARIRANA: Sue! Give some credit to this cutie here, this, ah- uh...
KEIRF: Babe, you can call me Keirf. After surfing all the way from Pastelora, though, I totally need to veg out. I had a totally long day, teaching some gnarly newcomers at the old factory.
Keirf lies back.
MARIRANA: Hee-hee!
Edwin turns away.
EDWIN: ....Rrrrrrrrr....
lz4LcLZ.jpg

HUEY: Whoa, you're really turning red, Edwin. But we haven't used any paint on you.
EDWIN: Just...forget about it, Huey. Maybe we should focus on Captain Ahant. I'll...I'll be fine.
HUEY: OK, buddy. You can tell us if you're not feeling fine, though. Anyways-
Suddenly, another tidal wave occurs.
Captain Ahant turns around. Using his newfound mental powers, the Captain freezes the tidal waves in time.
KEIRF: DUUUUUUDE! You just stopped a giant wave in its tracks! That's just tubular, man!
HUEY: Captain Ahant...what's up with your tree?! Come to think of it, there's a hole in the gate to Crimson Tower that looks like it was made for your body! And it just so happens we're trying to get into the Crimson Tower to find a Grand Paint Star. Do you think you can help us?!
CAPTAIN AHANT: What's up with my tree? What's up with you whippersnappers?! Whatever- it looks like my boating days are over. But you're squeaking I might fit into some gate at some tower?! Hmm...I think you youngin's might be right! There's this legend of three "Chosen" meant to open this gate. Until this moment, I never knew where my life or noggin would lead me. But it all makes sense to this old oak now! I'm a Chosen, and my destiny is to open the gate to the Crimson Tower!
Captain Ahant super-jumps away.
HUEY: The Captain didn't need to journey to the end of the world after all. He just needed to look inside himself.
EDWIN: Look inside himself...

+Rather than a Purple Member of Rescue Squad, Michelle of Red Rescue Squad is there. Her dialogue is mostly unchanged, except...
MIICHELLE: Michelle of Red Rescue Squad, reporting for duty! Now, if you can move aside, I need to report to Cosso immediately!

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 1- II
STORY

SQUAD CAPTAIN: Attention, Staupp and Vinn! Report to Captain Cosso in Ruddy Road on the double!
STAUPP, VINN: Understood! Over and out!
Staupp and Vinn move out.

RUDDY ROAD II
STORY

COSSO: Roll call!
MICHELLE: 1
STAUPP: 2
VINN: 3
COSSO: All needed Red acolytes- present and accounted for!
EDWIN: Yeah, only because we found them slacking off.
COSSO: Er...that may be what it looked like, but ANYWAYS! It appears Mario needs our help now!
Cosso turns around.
COSSO: Michelle, Staupp, Vinn! Commence Operation BRUSH POLE!
The four Brustache Squad members rush up to the cliff. They then start painting around a certain spot. After finishing, a pole appears.
+Using Edwin, Mario can spin around to the top of the cliff.

ARTIFACT
Freezie Extinguisher

Slots: 1
Effect: All Hammer attacks gain/change to a Water attribute.

CHERRY LAKE II
GAMEPLAY

+On the lower screen with the water wheel, the top-right platform within the empty lake no longer has a lower step. Instead, a pole is placed, requiring Edwin.
+A new set of stair platforms has been placed in the lower left corner of the empty lake. This is so Mario can escape the empty lakebed if he comes here without Edwin.

STORY
+Since Edwin essentially replaces half of Justice Toad’s role, someone else gets the other half...but only by clearing Daffodil Peak.
When Mario, Huey and Edwin arrive at the Pier, they’re surprised to find...
HUEY: Hey, isn’t that...
EDWIN: Spiridemus?! I mean, Deem?!
SPIRIDEMUS: Oh, it’s you three again! Good timing- I think I can reach this Paint Star. It MAY look far, but never judge a Brustache by their thistles!
HUEY: Um...right.
EDWIN: Is this another scam? Because I’m going to be furious if you’re trying to make a quick buck off us.
SPIRIDEMUS: Nonsense! Stand back and watch!
Spiridemus pumps himself up.
SPIRIDEMUS: BRUSH POWEEEEEEEER!
Spiridemus keeps pumping up...yet nothing seems to happen.
EDWIN: OK. We don’t have time for this. Later, old man-
Suddenly, a key appears atop Spiridemus’ bald head.
Using his mental power, Spiridemus pulls the Blue Mini Paint Star towards the high pier.
HUEY: WHAAA---?! That was AMAZING! You moved the Paint Star!
SPIRIDEMUS: Whoa WHOA! I ACTUALLY DID IT! I mean, I wished really hard, but I was trying to pull your legs again! So ...I...I really DO have something! It’s not just a joke!
HUEY: Incredible! And it seems you’re also part unicorn! Although your horn is kinda crooked.
EDWIN: Got to hand it to you, Deem- I thought you were just conning us again!
HUEY: But wait a sec...Your horn! It’s the same shape as one of the keyholes in the gate to the Crimson Tower! Spridemus, you may be needed at the Crimson Tower!
SPIRIDEMUS: The Crimson Tower, huh? It’s close enough for a stroll, but forget that! This old man’s got MAGICKS! Watch this pro go!
Spiridemus super jumps.

ROSHAMBO TEMPLE #1
GAMEPLAY

+There’s two different Rochambeau tournaments- Coin Prize and Card Prize.
++Like in the actual game, you can only enter Coin Prize Challenges as many times equal to the number of Mini Paint Stars and Grand Paint Stars Mario has collected. Alternatively, Mario can bribe the shifty Blue Toad as usual.
++Meanwhile, Card Prize tournaments can be entered an infinite number of times.
+The prizes for Coin Challenge tourneys have been cut to half. The cost to reenter prematurely, meanwhile, is 75 coins, or x0.75. These recalculations apply for all Roshambo Temples.
+Card Challenge prizes are as follows...
1 WIN: 1 Jump Card, 1 Hammer Card, 1 Mushroom Card
2 WINS: 1 Super Jump Card, 1 Super Hammer Card, 1 Super Mushroom Card
3 WINS: 1 Mega Jump Card, 1 Mega Hammer Card, 1 Mega Mushroom Card

CHARACTERS
+The Toad announcer is replaced with a Brustache announcer- Buvvert. He’s the announcer at all other Temples, too. [ i.imgur.com/VSCk46c.png ]
+The audience is changed to mostly mixed species (though using only a few models). Ironically, Memphawks are the only species not present.
+The first Goomba is replaced with a Cleft.
BUVVERT: And in THIS corner! Lurking around Parts Unknown! The rock with a chiseled chin! The spiked stealth master! Cluh-cluh-cluh-cluh... CLEFT!
8YVVuGv.jpg

+Rock Paper Wizard is one of a few adult male Toads outside of Green Zone retaining their original species, gender and age.
MDPxCt4.jpg

CRIMSON TOWER II- EXTERIOR
STORY

+The trio of Chosen stand before our heroes.
CAPTAIN AHANT: Took you long enough, young man! In my day-
ROKKE T: Enough, Captain. The three Chosen hath assembled.
SPIRIDEMUS: It’s time for these three guys to fulfill their destiny.
All three men enter their keyholes.
Awkward silence.
CAPTAIN AHANT: What the...nothing’s happening! Even doors these days!
ROKKE T: But... it is written! In the book of hitting things with hammers!
SPIRIDEMUS: Hey, Mario. Think you could give us a little...oomph? Like, some...KAPOW! Come on- you know what I mean!
+After hitting all three men, the door opens.
EDWIN: It worked...but...they’re all...gone.
HUEY: Thank you for your sacrifice, Chosen. I’ll tell my children and my children’s children’s parents about you.
Suddenly the three lights reveal faces.
CAPTAIN AHANT: Oh, dagnammit! You kids were really going to smoosh three old men in and leave?
ROKKE T: Go make your fate in the Crimson Tower, young ones!
SPIRIDEMUS: Take care! This old man hopes you find the Grand Paint Star!

When Mario and Huey head to the next area...
HUEY: Whaaaaa...?
The Crimson Tower looks blank.
HUEY: Wh- Wh- Wh- Wh- Wh- Wh- What?! Ha- ha- ha- ha- ha- ha-ppened?! Mario! What?! How?! This?!
EDWIN: It’s as white as Aace!
HUEY: I’m gonna be sick... What do we even...do?
EDWIN: There’s no way we can paint all of this with Mario’s little hammer... uh, no offense.
HUEY: This is....We’re done. We can’t do anything here...
EDWIN: Come on, Huey. You can’t give up now. I mean, it’s not easy street, but nothing ever is. We’ll figure something out, and-
Engine sounds.
HUEY: Huh?! What’s that?
Some Shy Guys are dumping red paint into a giant bucket.
+After Mario unsnags their anchor and ends up on the airship...
HUEY: You OK, Mario?
EDWIN: I managed to- I mean, WE managed to get on the ship! This is our chance!
HUEY: You’re right, Edwin! Let’s hijack this thing and take that bucket of paint back.
+Upon reaching the steering wheel, which has no switch near it this time...
SPIKED SHY GUY: Mario?! And that Musketeer kid?! How’d you get on this ship?! We’ve got a stowaway here, boys! Get ‘im!

+After defeating the Shy Guys and Spiked Shy Guy...
The airship shudders as usual.
HUEY: That’s not good! Maybe we should have kept one of them around to pilot this thing!
Huey grabs onto the steering wheel. Eventually, he manages to stabilize it.
HUEY: Mario, Edwin! I’ll try to stabilize the ship. Go after the bucket- and I don’t mean me!
EDWIN: OK, Huey. You got this here, while we got- hey, what’s that in the sky?
Flying towards the airship is a familiar star shape, with four small passengers aboard.
MARIO: OOOH!
HUEY: Is that the...Sticker Comet?!
EDWIN: It’s going to CRASH INTO US!
KERSTI: GangWAAAAAAAY!
As soon as the Sticker Comet collides with the airship, the screen goes black.
HUEY: OH SCRAP...
The airship explodes, while Kersti and the other three fairies are tossed off the Sticker Comet.
hfodJYZ.jpg

Meanwhile, the giant bucket falls on the Crimson Tower, restoring the land’s color. The Tower sticks out a bridge.

Mario, Huey and Edwin slowly float to the ground.
EDWIN: OK, so we may have delayed this year’s Sticker Fest for the Decal Lands.
HUEY: We’ll go find the Sticker Comet later.
Huey looks happy.
HUEY: Besides, there’s one red lining in this whole mess. The Crimson Tower is crimson again! It’ll probably be pretty rough in there, Mario. Maybe we should restock our cards before we go in.
EDWIN: And Shady T can tell us if we need anything special.
??????: Hey! Mario!
Britchill arrives. He has the same dialogue as his Toad counterpart.
After Mario crosses the bridge...
BRITCHILL: Look at him go- right across that bridge! Feels great to finally see the old girl in action.
PITHOLL: It truly IS magnificent, my GOOD man!
Britchill is startled. He turns around to see Pitholl and Cucleer. Suddenly, he falls backwards.
BRITCHILL: Aaaaah!
PITHOLL: Tragedy strikes AGAIN! We were too LATE to save that Brustache from his own CLUMSINESS! And if the reports we’ve been about our new recruit are RRRRRRIGHT, we have other problems on our HANDS!
CUCLEER: Even all the glorious color re-painting the Crimson Tower red isn’t enough to SAVE THE GREEN PUNK! HE ABANDONED US! How do we deal with him...?
IiwPCD2.jpg

PITHOLL: Let’s head straight for the top of the tower, my fowl friend! We can ambush our traitorous turncoat underling there!
CUCLEER: And we can secure the Crimson Grand Paint Star....SO LET’S HURRY!
Pitholl grabs onto Cucleer. The Coo Coo flies towards the tower’s top.

CRIMSON TOWER II- INTERIOR
GAMEPLAY

+The first and third conveyor belts are gone. Replacing them are poles, requiring Edwin to pass the gaps.

OLD ENEMIES
Shy Guy
Slurp Guy
Boo
Boosketeer

NEW ENEMIES
Red Koopa

HP: 11
ATK: 4
DEF: 1
MARK: Koopaling

Blue Koopa
ATK: 3
DEF: 2
MARK: Musketeer
QUOTE 1: What do you value, hairy vagabond?
QUOTE 2: Yet more opponents to fight- for justice!
QUOTE 3 (in shell): You can’t pierce a Musketeer’s spirit, or my shell!
QUOTE 4 (near defeat): The cornered Koopa- can prove quite the foe.

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Morton’s Hole- Green
The First Stairwell- Orange

STORY
+After Mario and co. cross the first conveyor belt, a rumble is heard.
Suddenly, Morton bursts through the wall.
NEWCOMER! Morton
MORTON: So, uh...wait! Why’d the Master send me here again? I kind of forgot, after fighting all those hat wearers.
Morton thinks for a moment.
MORTON: OH YEAH! The Grand Paint Star! I kind of need that! But I need to move fast, before that Pianta and Coo Coo beat me to it!
YIzcu08.jpg

As soon as Mario and Edwin make it to the room at the top of the first stairwell, Morton drops in.
MORTON: Aw, jeez, not you too! First, those Musketeers keep delaying us, and now you arrive?!
EDWIN: Out of the way, Morton! Aace might not be here, but I can still ruin your day!
MORTON: Zip it, pennybags! I want the Paint Star more! It’s mine more! It’s even in my name- Morton! Or More Tons! I can crush you right now!

When the battle begins...
MORTON: I was warned I should be careful. But I’m strong!
Morton summons his hammer.
MORTON: FETCH ME THE PEDAL STOOL!
Two Shy Guys bring Morton just that. Morton jumps on.
MORTON: Look at me! Even with your jumping, you’ll never reach me up here! Haha!

PSEUDO-REPURPOSED BGM- Koopalings Rock! (formerly ME WILL ROCK ME)
MINIBOSS TIME! MORTON KOOPA
HP: 85
ATK: 6 (normal hammer), 8 (shell attack), 12 (burning hammer- CAN BE BLOCKED), 4 (stick hammer)
DEF: 1. 2 Water attacks douse burning hammer.
QUOTE 1 (on pedestal): Ah, safe and sound- standing on top of a pedestal.
QUOTE 2 (on pedestal): Uh- you coming, or what?
QUOTE 3: Here’s my new favorite game- Whack-a-Mario!
QUOTE 4: Just because I’m big, doesn’t mean I’m brainless!
QUOTE 5 (fire hammer): Phew- actually, this hammer’s pretty hot.
QUOTE 6 (fire hammer): Why didn’t I bring any soda?
QUOTE 7 (doused hammer): Er, uh- this is just a minor complication, hehe...ugh.
QUOTE 8 (doused hammer): Come on, stick- pull a victory out of your wood!

After breaking his platform.
MORTON: Uh, OK. This COULD be a problem.
Before igniting fiery hammer...
MORTON: Now you got me angry!
Before unleashing the fiery hammer...
MORTON: Can YOU stand the heat?!
After his fire hammer is doused...
MORTON: How did you..? My hammer! It’s just a worthless stick now!

After being beaten...
MORTON: I...I lost!? Now you three are gonna get the Paint Star! The Master hoped I would get it for him! Now he’s not gonna call me Morton anymore...but Leston! This isn’t over!
Morton runs off.
HUEY: Master? Someone ordered Morton to go get the Crimson Paint Star? So there’s TWO bad guys trying to get the Grand Paint Stars?!
EDWIN: I probably should have mentioned that earlier- the Musketeers and the Koopalings have been fighting each other on this island for a while. We need the Paint Stars first, so I can reap the rew- I mean, help you two save the island!

Pitholl and Cucleer are the bosses of Crimson Tower.
PITHOLL: Isn’t it MAR-vel-OUSSS?! We found the Crimson Paint Star!
xgzsSU8.jpg

HUEY: Look! It’s the Crimson Paint Star!
EDWIN: Uh, yeah. We can see that, Huey! But...it’s just like Aace said. It’s asleep.
CUUCLEER: Pitholl! Look- it’s that Mario guy! SHOULD WE JAB HIS FACE IN!? Or...do we just let him off with a warning? Come on, what do you SAAAAY!?
PITHOLL: This ruffian? He should know- we found this drab thing first! If he wants it, he’ll have to survive our SPEC-tacle of moves!

REPURPOSED BGM- Blades of the Musketeers (originally [Green Paint Star Boss]’s Grand Finale)
BOSS TIME! PITHOLL AND CUCLEER
Pitholl
HP: 75
ATK: 6 (solo attack), 8 (duo attack part 1- slash then throw follow up), blade charge (charges Pitholl’s next attack by 3), 13 (downward sword slam- can only use while being carried)
DEF: 0
QUOTE 1: We are FAR beyond most of the other Musketeers!
QUOTE 2: You will be TRIED for your betrayal, Edwin!
QUOTE 3: Do not stand in our WAY!
QUOTE 4: It’s your TURN! MOVE it!
QUOTE 5 (after duo attack): How did you like our ULLLtimate technique?
QUOTE 6 (near-defeat): Where was THIS strength during your TRAINING?
QUOTE 7 (if Cucleer is defeated first): NOOO! You will be aVENGED, Cucleer!

Cucleer
HP: 65
ATK: 2x2 (solo attack), 2x3 (duo attack part 2- mirage slash), carry (carries Pitholl into the air, allowing both to dodge ground attacks)
QUOTE 1: Behind this smiling face- IS A SAVAGE BIRD!
QUOTE 2: I’m the most ferocious fowl IN THE FAR FORESTS!
QUOTE 3: Get in our way- YOU GET A PECKING!
QUOTE 4: Eh, uh, um...DID YOU LEAVE IN THE MIDDLE OF A BATTLE?
QUOTE 5 (after duo attack): There’s more of that coming, PAL!
QUOTE 6 (near-defeat): Come on wings...DON’T FAIL!
QUOTE 7 (if Pitholl is defeated): You beat Pitholl...? NOW YOU MADE THIS PERSONAL!

After the battle...
PITHOLL: The au-DACity! The everlasting SHAME! A mere recruit bested a COMMANDER in the Prism Musketeers!? A REAL tragedy today!
EDWIN: I’m no recruit! I could be a better Musketeer than you two!
CUCLEER: Why did you three do it? WE WERE GOING TO STAMP YOU INTO THE GROUND! Then, we were going to throw a great big party! Now, Aace isn’t going to like this! HE’LL ANNIHALATE YOU!
PITHOLL: Until next time, penny pinching VAGAbond! Cucleer- awAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Cucleer picks up Pitholl. The two fly out the window.
EDWIN: Oh no- if we cross Aace, we’ll stand no chance!
HUEY: Whoever this guy is, he’s really turning my paint. But hey- at least we found the Crimson Paint Star!
Huey flies up to the Crimson Paint Star.
HUEY: Looks like it’s fainted from being so dried out...
Huey turns around.
HUEY: OK, Mario and Edwin! Jump into it and wake it up!

ARTIFACT
Super Bell-o-Luck

Slots: 2
Effect: Over-KO hits give 2 coins, rather than 1.

After the cutscene of the Crimson Paint Star restoring the gate...
Pitholl and Cucleer are in a colorless forest. They walk up to a Boo with a Musketeer hat and a blue mustache with red tinges.
MOUSTACHED BOO [ i.imgur.com/YiEegfx.png ]: So, faithful Musketeers? How did the mission go?
PITHOLL: It was GREAAT at first! We made INCREDIBLE headway in the Crimson Tower! The Crimson Paint Star was within our GRASP!
CUCLEER: But then something bad happened. THIS SNOTTY RED MAN STOLE THE STAR FROM UNDER US!
MOUSTACHED BOO: A red man, ya say? That sounds mighty peculiar. Did he have a big ‘ol mustache on him, by chance?
PITHOLL: That sounds INCREDIBLY like the crook who DECIMATED us! How did you KNOW?
MOUSTACHED BOO: Let’s just say... ah have friends in all sorts ‘a places.
The Boo strokes his moustache.

PORT PRISMA CHAPTER 1- EPILOGUE
+After returning the Crimson GPS to the fountain...
HUEY: Finally! The Crimson Grand Paint Star is back in its rightful place. It’s all thanks to you, Mario and Edwin! I don’t know what we’d do without you.
Mario gives a thumbs up, while Edwin is happy.
CRIMSON [GRAND PAINT STAR]: Thank you...both.
Huey is surprised. Mario and Edwin are also startled.
HUEY: Wait...did the Paint Star just SAY something? That’s never happened before.
EDWIN: That’s...not possible. Maybe it’s more like...we can somehow hear its voice inside our minds?
CRIMSON: That is correct, Edwin. I am using the power of paint to color your thoughts. I thank you three for saving me, but there’s work yet to do. As you can see, the other Grand Paint Stars are still missing. If it will help, I can share my memory of what came to pass here with you. But be warned...it is not pleasant. Please, close your eyes...

In the flashback, the one menacing the Grand Paint Stars is not Bowser, but Bowser Jr. and a sad looking Mottley. In addition, the moustached Boo musketeer is there, looking surprised. Finally, a different BGM is playing through most of the flashbacks...
BGM- Power of the Royal Sticker (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])

After the flashback...
HUEY: Oh, that was awful! I’ve never seen such wanton disregard for paint! At least we got to see what happened to the other Paint Stars.
EDWIN: OK, so I wasn’t alone there? That little kid just flung the Grand Paint Stars like they were candy!
CRIMSON: Yes, we have been scattered far and wide, preventing us from supplying the fountain- and Prism Island- with nourishing paint. But there is hope! Mario, Huey, Edwin...if you can find the remaining Grand Paint Stars, the fountain can be restored. Good luck, and let the paint be your guide.
HUEY: We’re on it, Crimson! Prisma Fountain must be restored! Everyone should be able to see the joy and beauty it brings to our town.
CRIMSON: Wait! I have- one more gift for you.
Crimson conjures up an empty socket with a blade icon- an Artifact-Up Slot.
MARIO CAN NOW EQUIP 3 ARTIFACTS!
Huey: Whoa! Looks like Crimson powered you up, Mario!
EDWIN: Of course, it would have been better if we got a detailed map, showing us EXACTLY where that kid threw the Paint Stars...
HUEY: Ah, this will have to do for now. I just hope we have enough power to defeat...whoever that was!
BOWSER JR. (normal dialogue balloon) [ i.imgur.com/NfbjHAh.png ]: NYARGLEBARGLE! In your dreams, metal-head!
Mario, Huey and Edwin turn around.
BGM- Bowser Jr. (Paper Mario Sticker Star [Recut])
NEWCOMER! Bowser Jr.
JUNIOR: I found something really cool a while ago! Now we can do whatever we want! And even without the help of those seven slackers, we can return to that other world! BWAHA!
??????: Uh, what about, um...you know...me, Prince Bowser?
Mottley Bossblob pops up from behind Bowser Jr.
NEWCOMER! Mottley Bossblob
JUNIOR: Grrr- I only tolerate you because Pops sent you here! I only have one real buddy, so don’t think otherwise!
MOTTLEY [ i.imgur.com/OhJjYFG.png ]: Ye...yes, sir...
JUNIOR: Bwahaha! Good! Later, chumps!
Junior jumps aboard the airship.
MOTTLEY: W..wait for me, Prince Bowser ...
Mottley jumps aboard the airship, too.
Princess Peach and Toadsworth rush in.
TOADSWORTH: What’s THIS?! Bowser JUNIOR is the one behind this?! Yet there’s no sign of his father?! Well, call me surprised!
PEACH: Mario, there’s something not right about- well, any of this! Junior seems...different from when we were in that other world! ...I’m going after him.
TOADSWORTH: What!? Out of the question, Princess!
HUEY: I have to agree with Toadsworth. You don’t even know where that airship’s heading to!
PEACH: I can try looking around for clues. I’ll go alone if I have to! We’ll meet up as soon as I figure out what’s going on.
TOADSWORTH: ....fine. I’ll go with you, Princess. It’s just- I don’t have the strength to hold off any vagabonds from taking you.
PEACH: Then I’ll protect us both. It’s no big deal what you can or can’t do, Toadsworth- it’s the company that matters. Now come on!
TOADSWORTH: Very well. Best of luck, Master Mario, Master Huey, Master...
EDWIN: ...Edwin.
TOADSWORTH: Oh! Jolly meeting you, Edwin. Wait for me, Princess!
Toadsworth runs off.
EDWIN: I should have told them about the Musketeers...
HUEY: Eh, they’ll figure it out. Right, Mario?
Mario jumps.
HUEY: All right! Hang five!
Mario and Huey give each other a high five.
EDWIN: Down low!
Mario and Edwin belly-flop each other.
HUEY: And TRIPLE TIME!
Huey and Edwin body slam each other.

CHAPTER 2
SUNGLOW RIDGE II

GAMEPLAY

+Instead of another Unfurl Block race, the first gap has a series of poles Mario needs to navigate with Edwin. This time, there’s also moving spikes in the air.
+The tree with the second Unfurl Block glows a hint of red.
+The rolling logs inflict only 3 damage, instead of 8.

OLD ENEMIES
Boosketeer
Spiny
Shy Guy

NEW ENEMIES
Lepbeller
(RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/fkebZI3.png
HP: 17
ATK: 7 (claw leap)
SPECIAL ABILTY: If there is only 1 Lepbeller remaining in battle and there are no other Musketeer enemies, he will ring his bell. This will summon another Musketeer marked enemy (except another Lepbeller) into battle.
QUOTE 1: You guys like my bell?
QUOTE 2: I love jingling! Maybe I’m part-reindeer, too?
QUOTE 3: Mee-roo- there’s some crumbs on my whiskers.
QUOTE 4: A-neow! I wonder what Pitholl’s making tonight...
QUOTE 5 (if alone): I should call for help!
QUOTE 6 (near defeat): Save me, magic bell!

Bald Cleft (RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/sl9fFgg.png
HP: 13
ATK: 8
DEF: 3
MARK: None
QUOTE 1: Wait, wait, wait.
QUOTE 2: Run, run, run.
QUOTE 3: Charge, charge, charge!
QUOTE 4: Rock, rock, roll!
QUOTE 5 (if it successfully hits Mario): Ha, ha, ha!
QUOTE 6 (near defeat): Ow, ow, ow...

Snifit (all colors)
ATK: 2 x 3 bullets

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Fallen Tree- Red
Logging Area- Blue

CHARACTER CHANGES
+The Toad in the tree is replaced with a Memphawk boy.
+The Toad who wanted a picnic is replaced with a Brustache girl.
+The Toad at the lake is now female.
+The stern Toad at the saw mill is now a male Memphawk.
+The dreaming Toad with the interesting line is now a girl.

STORY
+When Mario and co. arrive at the Scarlet Gate...
HUEY: Look at that, Mario and Edwin! You see what I mean by the power of paint? The Grand Paint Star did all of this by itself. Now the Scarlet Gate is as good as new!
+When Mario tries to open the gate, this time...
EDWIN: Uh, Huey? The gate? It’s not moving?
HUEY: Oh no. The mechanism must have rusted out a while ago! Well, we might as well head back and see if the Rescue Squad can help us-
? ??????: Hold yer teeny little head, yeh flying tassie! This wallaper is nothin’ ah canna’ handle wit’ me muscles!
????????: Yeah, so I can’t help but notice- Mario’s coming in at 1 o’clock.
Mario and co. are surprised to see...
NEWCOMER! O’Chunks
NEWCOMER! Nastasia

MARIO: Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!
O’CHUNKS [ i.imgur.com/fpfTele.png ]: MARIA? Ah did nae know yeh’d be on the island! We haven’ seen yeh since...yeh know...
NASTASIA [ i.imgur.com/xLoLkYx.png ]: Yeah. What O’Chunks is trying to say is, it’s been a while.
O’CHUNKS: Tha’s righ’! Yeh saved me bacon there, Nastasia. HAHAHA!
NASTASIA: I can always pencil in saving you, O’Chunks. ...I just wish we saved HIM...
HUEY: So, what brings you two here? Especially now, of all times? I literally woke up to my home, completely colorless.
O’CHUNKS: Well, instead a spendin’ yonks on the specifics, Nastasia’s been feelin’ a relapse o’sadness. We had a wond’rful boss, but he was feelin’ depressed ‘imself o’er losin’ ‘is lady friend. Luckily, he found her, but they wen’ into hidin’ after their weddin’. Haven’ heard from ‘em in years. Of course, I miss ol’ Blecky boy, but Nastasia- she goes in and out’o’ depression. It isn’ good for the mind. So, our frien’ in Flipside, he recommends we go on vacation, teh jus’ relax an’ get our minds off our troubles. But- yeh, I can see this islan’s seen better days.
NASTASIA: It’s definitely seen better days.
EDWIN: I can get behind that. Going somewhere else to try and reinvent yourself- understandable.
O’CHUNKS: So anyways, you nee’ this big ‘ol gate outta your way? Then let ol’Chunks take care of it.
Roi3N3r.jpg

O Chunks puts his muscles into lifting the gate. After a few seconds, he succeeds.
O’CHUNKS: Yeh see? Nothin’ to it, blimey. Sticks, steel, diamond- ah can lift anythin’!
HUEY: All right! We’re in! I smell another Paint Star around here somewhere! Thanks, O’Chunks!
O’CHUNKS: Ahahaha! Eh, ‘twas nothin’. C’mon, Nastasia- wanna go see wut’s beyon’ th’ gate?
NASTASIA: I guess so. I have nothing else scheduled today.
O’CHUNKS: Th’s the spir’t! We’ll be on th’ islan’ for ‘while, so we’ll see yeh later!
O’Chunks and Nastasia walk past the gate.

+Before Mario enters the third area...
The sky darkens.
EDWIN: Guys? Is it just me, or is it way too quiet around here? I got a real bad feeling about this.
HUEY: I hear you, Edwin. This is like the time I caught someone mixing eggshell and flat paints!
EDWIN: So we all agree-
Suddenly, a strange Banzai Bill flies in from the sky.
When it lands, it explodes dark paint.
EDWIN: DID YOU SEE THAT?!
HUEY: I did! Some kind of missile just landed in those faraway hills! ....OH NO! O’CHUNKS AND NASTASIA!
EDWIN: Let’s get a move on, Mario, Huey!

+Right before entering the next screen, our heroes reunite with O’Chunks and Nastasia.
O’CHUNKS: GREAT GARGANT’UAN JAWBUSES! Barely ‘scaped that with a shave!
NASTASIA: Not again...! Such blackness!
O’CHUNKS: Maria, can yeh take a wee peek ahead? I cannae say cleanin’ black spots is our per’fession.

+When the trio arrive at the blackened hills...
HUEY: IT’S WORSE THAN I EVER COULD HAVE IMAGINED!
EDWIN: Everything’s been painted black! That thing that fell from the sky must have been a...a bomb full of black paint! This had to have been the Koopalings! Aace would never do anything this horrid!
HUEY: I’ve got a REALLY bad feeling about this...
+After the black paint really hurts Mario and Edwin (for 20 damage)...
HUEY: Mario! Edwin! Are you OK? You can’t touch the black paint!
Huey surveys the landscape.
HUEY: This stuff is beyond toxic! Whatever you do, don’t touch it! ...I’m sorry...I should have warned you. I need to make this right... Would you two, uh, mind closing your eyes for a sec?
Mario and Edwin close their eyes.
A weird void sound is heard.
HUEY: OK. You can open your eyes now.
When Mario and Edwin re-open their eyes, the landscape is back to normal. However, for a very brief second, Huey is clutching his stomach.
EDWIN: Uh...Huey? You OK, buddy?
HUEY: It’s all part of the job, Edwin. I’m all right! Now, let’s never speak of this again!

CHATEAU CHANTERELLE I
GAMEPLAY

+The Green and Orange Paint Stars have been combined into a single Double Paint Star, in the Green Paint Star’s location. Meanwhile, a ? Block with two Hammer cards is where the solo Orange Paint Star used to be.
+The small jars near the green pipe have been removed. A pole replaces them, meaning Edwin is needed for higher elevation.

STORY
+When Mario and co. approaches the big house...
MEMPHAWK GIRL: This is the retreat of the former Yellow Rescue Squad leader, Orion, yo. After he gave the reins over to Jonny, Orion started studying Prism Island’s history. As part of tis, he’s studying really old things, like fossils- because he rocks like that.

+When Mario enters the house, he sees a Memphawk with strangely Mario-like clothing...
MEMPHAWK MARIO [ i.imgur.com/58ENo82.png ]: Welcome back, papà! I rearranged these boxes just the way you wanted-
The Memphawk Mario turns around.
MEMPHAWK MARIO: Oh! You’re not my dad. Can I hel- hel- I don’t believe it!! Mario- you’re MARIO! You’re actually on the island! I GET TO MEET MY HERO PERSONALE!
EDWIN: You know Mario?
MEMPHAWK MARIO: Are you kidding, green borsa? I grew up on Mario! I’ve played his games, watched his movies- I even got to see him take on our island’s strongest fighter at the Glitz Pit!
EDWIN: A super-fan, huh? And he fought at the Glitz Pit? Maybe I should have bet on someone like him, instead of the Goomba Bros. Hindsight’s 20/16. You get what I mean, Memphawk guy?
MEMPHAWK MARIO: Oh, right- where’s my manners? You guys can call me what my dad, Jonny, and even our island’s strongest call me- Louis.
NEWCOMER! Louis
MEMPHAWK MARIO/LOUIS: But enough about me, Mario! What’s a guy like you doing all the way out here?
HUEY: I’m not sure. I think maybe we need to talk to your dad. See, we’re looking for missing Paint Stars, and... It’s kind of a long story, but we can see one of them from your front yard.
LOUIS: The Paint Stars- ah, those things are molto old. My dad’s become interested in molto old things. You know...fossils...ruins...the history of the Royal Family...reruns of The Toad Warrior...Stuff like that. Well, and Princess. He’s definitely obsessed with Princess. Oh, that reminds me- my dad’s taking Princess for a walk in Mondo Woods...but he’s been gone a mondo time! I’m...actually getting a little worried for the old man. What would you do, Mario? Organize a search party? Hmmm...maybe I should let you handle this. You’re the best for the job, after all, Great Gonzales.
JRHVrG8.jpg

+Regarding the caretaker of Princess...
BRUSTACHE BOY: This is...Baby Princess’ Cuddle Palace. *sigh* Mister Orion insists that I call her that. He’s docked my pay for not saying it!

+When Mario finds the Big Oink, it performs its breakdance first. Then Mario collects it.
EDWIN: WOOT! WOOT! YEAH- MAKE IT RAIN COINS! ...but seriously, what was THAT all about?!
HUEY: The King was always particular in the “character” he applied to these Artifacts.

ARTIFACTS
Big Oink

Slots: 1
Effect: Over-KO hits give 3 coins for the first 3 hits, rather than 1.

MARMALADE VALLEY
STORY

+Almost all the Toads have been replaced with Memphawks. The only exception is the train guy.
+The train Toad (now Chugga T) has slightly different dialogue.
CHUGGA T: (...) I don't suppose you've heard the news- the Royal Engine is scheduled to be decommissioned. (...)
+At the log lift...
MEMPHAWK BOY: Hey-o, Mario. Take a look at this, will you?
Mario and co look.
MEMPHAWK BOY: Everyone just made an important discovery! Now, we gotta be super careful when we excavate it. Just like Orion said.
+If Mario tries crossing the end of the bridge before finding Orion...
MEMPHAWK WOMAN: Not so fast- this area's off limits. Unless you have a permit. See, we found an extremely rare fossil, and we can't just have anyone walking around. We've had enough problems keeping the Musketeers away. If you don't watch yourself, you could stomp on a million-year-old bone or something crazy like that! Buuuut if you REALLY need access, see our old leader, Orion. He's currently working at Chateau Chanterelle. I remember when he and his family first built the place.
EDWIN: Rrrrgh...when I hear something's off limits, it makes me want it even more! It's just like the Muske-
Huey flies in front of Edwin.
HUEY: -like the musk of a Paint Star- I know I smell one in there somewhere! C'mon- let's go ask this Orion guy if we can poke around his dig site.
+Upon reaching the other end of the bridge...
EDWIN: Huey, what did you cut me off for?!
HUEY: You were about to mention you were part of the Musketeers. If they've really been causing problems here, and they knew you were with them, then we wouldn't be allowed in, even with a permit.
EDWIN: ...oh. Right. Nice save then, Huey.
HUEY: Thanks, Edwin. Anything for my pals!

MONDO WOODS
GAMEPLAY

+There are no blocks hiding the way to the tape-bridge room.
+The right fence on the screen with the Green Mini-Star is gone, allowing a clearer view of the path behind the tree. In addition, an extra coin is placed there.

NEW ENEMIES
Monkhaira
(RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/rAVI6Sm.png
HP: 16
ATK: 8 (banana slash), 6 (banana throw [poison])
QUOTE 1: No more monkey games!
QUOTE 2: Wow- I haven’t eaten this banana in weeks!
QUOTE 3: If I exercise enough, maybe I’ll be Great next!
QUOTE 4: I just need a banana cream pie, and I’ll have my shield.
QUOTE 5 (near defeat): The smaller they are, the softer the defeat.

Arantula (RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/6dFkgPS.png
HP: 19
ATK: 3 x 2 (pellet shot [poison])
QUOTE 1: Come to my web, little Mario...
QUOTE 2: You look much more nourishing than my other meals...
QUOTE 3: Is that Princess Peach I hear...?
QUOTE 4 (if Edwin is out): I think you dropped a coin near my web, little Edwin...
QUOTE 5 (near defeat): I should have shed before my prey approached...

Rebazy Dayzee (RECUT ENEMY)- i.imgur.com/blwrJOT.png
HP: 14
ATK: 7 HP (see Crazy Dayzee) + 10 of every paint color
QUOTE 1: Can you imagine the colors of your de-feat?
QUOTE 2: Oh- don’t mind if I borrow some paint.
QUOTE 3: My petals are so beautiful.
QUOTE 4 (if fighting along with a Quincada): Can someone get a fly swatter for this gnat?
QUOTE 5 (if Marirana is out): I’ve written a more tasteful song, “suga”.
QUOTE 6 (near defeat): When I bloom again, I’ll be even more colorful...

STORY
+While the forest’s inhabitants remain primarily Toads, there’s some kids and women in the mix.

+At the first inhabitant of the forest...
NORMAL FEMALE TOAD: I saw Mister Orion walk right past this spot with Princess. (...) Anyways, Orion chased her, but I didn’t see where they went.

+When Mario and his pals are deep in the woods...
HUEY: Hey, Mario...Is it just me, or is there something...unusual about this forest? I mean, I can’t quite put my handle on it, but...
Mario and Huey turn around. A large Rebayzee Dayzee starts smiling.
EDWIN: Oh! I think I got it...EVERYTHING’S HUGE!

+When Mario and friends arrive at the giant colorless coin...
HUEY: Oh man. Looks like another giant wall that we’re gonna have to repaint.
EDWIN: Hold on, Huey!
Mario and co take a closer look. Sure enough...
EDWIN: A GIANT COIN! YEAH, this is what I came here for! I’m RICH! ...if only that wonderful thing could fit in my bag, though...
HUEY: And it would be worth something if it weren’t completely drained of color.
EDWIN: Ugh...never mind, guys. Sorry to get your hopes up. We’re not rich.
HUEY: Unless you count friendship. Which I do.
EDWIN: ......yeah.

+The enemy in the tape bridge room (a Rebazy Dayzee) is already giant.
+When Mario and co. are about to cross the tape bridge...
HUEY: Eh?
EDWIN: What is it, Huey?
HUEY: Is it just me, or are we being watched...?
???????: Perhaps you are being just in your worry. Conversely, I may be acting unjust in my delight.
Mario, Huey and Edwin look around.
EDWIN: Who said that?!
???????: Looking forward may not bring you answers. Turning around, however, will quell your questions.
Everyone turns around.
On the other side of the tape bridge is a smiling face with a top hat. A green cat body with red stripes join this face.
EDWIN: Mario! Did you see that?!
Mario nods quickly, as he’s more shocked than the others.
HUEY: I saw it, and I’ll explain it to you right now! That weird tophatted cat just appeared from thin air! MAYBE HE’S THE ONE...WHO MADE EVERYTHING BIG! INCLUDING MY VOICE!
WEIRD TOPHATTED CAT [ i.imgur.com/daj5btg.png ]: Oh, I had nothing to do with the largeness of these enemies. I’m just visiting from a dimension with a much smaller friend. There, here, and everywhere, they call me- Catguru.
NEWCOMER! Catguru
Klvhwd1.jpg

WEIRD CAT/CATGURU: Ah, Prism Island- how I’ve longed for even a short trip. Unfortunately, while I’m passive in appearance, that large creature was aggressive in stature. And while I intend to find exotic Mushrooms here, I don’t seek the large flower there. Continue on this path, young chick, and you’ll end up in a grove with an old bird.
Catguru’s body disappears, leaving only his face.
CATGURU: Until next time.
Catguru completely vanishes.
EDWIN: If that crazy cat’s correct, Orion must be up ahead.

+When our heroes find Orion...
HUEY: Hmm...what’s this? Some kind of chain, maybe? I wonder if Orion dropped it.
+After freeing Orion from the large block...
EDWIN: Hey, uh...Sorry to bother you while you’re softly crying to yourself, but would you happen to be Orion? Former leader of Yellow Rescue Squad?
HUEY: See, we’re, uh...paleontologists...and we need a permit so we can...paleontolologize the dig site.
ORION [ i.imgur.com/jsOHLZJ.png ]: You found the right Memphawk...I’m Orion. But I can’t help you right now. My family’s pet, little Princess, is missing!
Mario and friends take a second look at the chain.
ORION: That’s her chain over there.... *sob* I hope you’re safe and sound, girl. Wherever you are...
Mario and co. just look at each other.
HUEY: Yeah, uh...I wish we could help, but we’re kind of busy searching for the Paint Stars.
EDWIN: Does your pet know the way home? Aa- a friend of mine said to me pets usually just go home if they’re lost.
After a moment of silence...
Orion looks reassured.
ORION: YOU’RE PROBABLY RIGHT! She’s probably back home, waiting for me! Princess is smart, strong, and cute! Chanterelle always told me she would do that! What are you all waiting for? We have to hurry back to the ranch, just to see her wittle face! Daddy’s coming, Princess!
COvNIrn.jpg

HUEY: Wait! Orion! We really need you to issue us an excavation site permit!
ORION: You’ll get your permit. But you have to come to my house. There’s rumors the Musketeers are in the woods. Wait for me, Princess! I’m on my way!
Orion hurries back.
EDWIN: Well...he cheered up quickly.
HUEY: I sure hope Princess is waiting for him at home. For all of our sakes...

TyrorexDMZ said:
If the pic is in relation to the characters, O'Chunks and Nastasia were the only two SPM characters I could think of who still had unfinished business.
If the line is what's odd, though, then...yeah, I probably could have refined it more.

more like the general fact of spm characters being back

CHATEAU CHANTERELLE II
STORY

+Just as Mario is about to enter the Chateau...
?????: DUUUUUUUUUUDE! It’s a HOUSE! And there’s totally a FARM behind it!
????????: ...why do I put up with such an airhead like you?
???????: Yeh need to lighten up, sis! ‘specially when we’re ‘bout teh visit the chateau of the famous Chanterelle!
Mario and co. turn around. They see Marirana, Suebelle and Keirf talking to the Memphawk girl.
EDWIN: Oh...n-n-not her. Guys, let’s not-
Mario and Huey head over.
MEMPHAWK: Yo yo yo, what you talking about, Deeps Sisters? Mr. Orion named this place after his old fighting partner. Then, people started visiting this place since they thought the famous Toad songstress lived here and- things just got real awkward. So sorry, sisters, but if that’s why you came to the island, I’d demand a refund.
SUEBELLE: Oh, for the love of- ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
KEIRF: Aw, naooo! Totally bogus, babes! I’m feelin’ for you right here. This is, like, the eighth most mondo-baddo thing I’ve ever seen.
MARIRANA: It’s nothin’, Keirf- musicians and dancers tend teh find themselves swindled anyways!
SUEBELLE: Well, you do, Marirana. Ugh.
KEIRF: O-KAY- I’m sensing some MAJOR negative vibes from you, dark babe! You feeling it too, Mario, Bro-haw?
Mario nods.
SUEBELLE: YOU STAY OUT OF THIS, YOU-! WHATEVER THE HECK YOU ARE! AND DON’T CALL ME BABE!
Mario, Huey and Keirf are shocked.
HUEY: YIKES! You almost gave me a heart attack- and I’m a bucket!
KEIRF: WHOA! And this Sosorrisurf is OUTTA here!
Keirf runs away.
MARIRANA: OK, sis, what’s with this mean Stingbieswax? Ever since we got here, you’ve been itchin’ for a fight.
SUEBELLE: Oh, so now you notice! After spending all that time preaching your message of not limiting yourself, now you decide to see how I feel!
MARIRANA: Yer crazy! I care about you tons, sis! And it’s not jus’ my message- it’s our message!
SUEBELLE: ...
MARIRANA: Yeh mean...yeh never danced with the message in mind?
SUEBELLE: Nope. It’s just how I make a living. Disappointed I’m a phony, sis?
MARIRANA: Well, l’il Edwin over there knows wha’ I’m sayin’!
EDWIN: Hmmmpphh...
MARIRANA: Why- why’s Edwin so sad o’er there?
HUEY: I think Edwin’s the one who should explain, but- he felt dejected when you started showing Keirf more attention. I mean, I don’t know why, but-
MARIRANA: But- but I do that wit’ e’eryone!
EDWIN: Well, did you mean it?
MARIRANA: ......
SUEBELLE: So I’m not the only one wearing clay shoes. I’m taking a walk...
Suebelle walks.
MARIRANA: Sis, WAIT!
Marirana runs after Suebelle.

+When Mario and co. re-enter the house...
LOUIS: Mario, my uomo principale, you’re back! Sounds like there was a ruckus outside...Did something happen?
EDWIN: Just...some lost tourists. They know the way now...
LOUIS: That’s not what it sounded like to this Memphawk-
HUEY: Louis, buddy.
LOUIS: ...oh. OH! OK, I’ll change the subject. So anyways, my dad’s back, and he seems contento! Funny, though...I don’t think I saw Princess with him...
Before Mario heads through the back...
LOUIS: Mario, wait! Do you think I could...you know...maybe I could...?
EDWIN: Yeah? What, Louis?
LOUIS: ...never mind, amici.

+When Mario and co. meet with Orion...
ORION: My sweet, little baby...She’s gone forever! *sob! What would Chanterelle think of me?
HUEY: Orion, pull yourself together! I’m sure she’ll turn up.
ORION: ...So you’ll help me find her, then! I really appreciate you going out of your way to find Princess before even the King’s Paint Stars! You’ll need this permit to access my dig site. I don’t imagine Princess would head there, but you never know. Come back to me, my darling...*sob*
MARIO GOT THE EXCAVATION SITE PERMIT!

MARMALADE VALLEY II
GAMEPLAY

+The first cave room no longer has a hammer-able wall piece. Instead, a new ability is required to progress...
+Some of the horizontal moving logs don’t move as close to the platforms as before, requiring this new ability. In exchange, they move a little slower (but not much).
+Princess Chomp doesn’t instantly KO Mario. Instead, she inflicts 15 damage, then backs off a bit.

OLD ENEMIES
Mystery Creature 1 (cave areas)
Bald Cleft (replaces the Dry Goombas)- http://i.imgur.com/zdhnTJz.jpg

NEW ENEMIES
Dry Bones
- i.imgur.com/B8Bm4NY.png
HP: 14
ATK: 9
DEF: 2

Green Pokey- http://i.imgur.com/n17Z7t5.png
HP: 2 x 5 segments- single-target attacks keep attacking target
ATK: 8

POLLINATOR FLOWERS
Early Cave- Red
Exterior 2: Boxy Area- Orange

STORY
+When Mario returns with the permit...
MEMPHAWK WOMAN: Maybe I didn’t make myself clear, buddy- no professor, no permit, no mercy.
MARIO SHOWED THE EXCAVATION SITE PERMIT.
MEMPHAWK WOMAN: Oh- you got the permit! Come in, then. Just don’t touch, smell, sneeze on, or even look at anything too hard. But above all...bring the fun!
The Memphawk woman stands aside.
EDWIN: Yes! Now we can go see what all the fuss is about.
HUEY: Edwin...the Paint Star.
EDWIN: Oh, you weren’t making that up back when-? I mean, how about this? You keep looking for Paint Stars, while I do just a tiny amount of fossil “retrieving”, heh heh.
MEMPHAWK WOMAN: No souvenirs, or no mercy. Use the scaffolding. And watch your step! We’ve had a number of small earthquakes recently. Even the creatures below seem to be more riled up lately.

+When Mario and co. meet up with the Memphawk at the top of the site..
MEMPHAWK GIRL: Hey, Mario! Here to check out our rockin’ find? If you wanna closer look, enter that hole and go up the wood ridges. But you might need a little more strength in your jumps, like the other Memphawks, or even me! Be careful in there!

When Mario and co. enter the cave...
A small earthquake happens.
HUEY: Whoa, did you feel that?
A series of increasingly violent earthquakes ensues.
EDWIN: Jeez, that’s loud! What gives!?

Due to the wall no longer having a loose rock in the first cave, after Mario tries and fails to jump across...
HUEY: Aw, how are we going to get through the caves with the bridge out? Maybe there’s another way...
?????: There is, amici.
Louis enters the cave.
EDWIN: Louis? How’d you know we were in this cave at this exact moment?
LOUIS: I knew we didn’t exactly have other species in mind for visiting the site. Usually, they need help making it to the higher areas- my dad helped this old guy up before his walk. After you left, I remembered that. But that’s not the only reason I came. Mario....can I travel with you? Or at least, while you’re still on the island?
MARIO: ?
LOUIS: I’m just one of your fiero biggest fans! I want to help you any way I can, travelling all of Prism Island! And I want to be near my biggest hero besides my parents! So...can I come?
Mario looks at Huey and Edwin.
EDWIN: Eh, one more can’t hurt.
HUEY: And besides, Prism Island isn’t quite how I remember it. We might need the extra help.
Mario nods towards his friends. He then jumps.
LOUIS: Oh, grazie, Mario! This is the best moment of my life, next to when I started eating worms as pasta! You won’t regret a minute of it!
LOUIS JOINED THE PARTY! Hold the Y Button to charge a leap- the longer you hold, the greater the leap! Let go to make that leap! In battle, Louis can use Memphawk Slam to inflict huge damage on 1 enemy, while also sending out shockwaves affecting ground enemies! While fighting alongside Mario, Louis’ a real Memphawk in the Wind, increasing the power of Mario’s jump attacks [by x1.3]!
LOUIS: This must be what dad feels like when he’s near Princess! Now, let’s get you across, ragazzi!

PARTNER ATTACKS
LOUIS- Memphawk Slam

Target: One enemy + ground shockwave
Damage: 18 (main attack) + 9 (shockwave)

+When Mario exits the cave...
MEMPHAWK GUY: Mario! We need your help! This place is a disaster zone after that big earthquake.
+Near the excavation...
MEMPHAWK GUY 2: Someone lend a feather! The vibrations created a cave-in, and a guest excavator is trapped!
Mario and friends see a cracked wall with a turtle shape behind it...
????????: By jove! Save me! Egad!
EDWIN: Isn’t this Rescue Squad’s job? Where are those guys?
HUEY: I guess we’ll have to do it ourselves, Mario!

+When Mario and co. reach the small valley slit...
HUEY: Hey, Mario, guys. Hold on a second.
Mario turns around.
HUEY: This whole dig site seems a bit...seismolologically unstable, wouldn’t you say?
LOUIS: Now that you mention it, secchio, I just felt a vibration in the air.
Another little vibration happens.
HUEY: So this seems as good an opportunity as any to say something important. I just want you to know that, should something catastrophic happen, I will protect you all.
EDWIN: Re... really? Huey, I don’t know what to...
HUEY: I’m not kidding. I would literally throw my body in front of-
Suddenly, a wild Princess appears!
+After escaping Princess’ wrath...
HUEY: Oh, hey! I found a safe spot over here for you. I was just keeping it warm.
LOUIS: PRINCESS!
HUEY: So THAT’S your family pet? She’s probably been causing all of the problems around here.
EDWIN: We should hurry to the main site before she comes back.

+When Mario and co. reach the top of the dig site..
MEMPHAWK GUY: About time you got here! There’s a guest trapped in there! He’s still kickin’, but he’s running dangerously low on snacks!
+Upon hitting the cracked wall a few times...
KOLORADO [ i.imgur.com/5hSDMUu.png ]: Egad! The sun’s brighter than I imagined, old boy! Hold it a tick...MARIO!? I didn’t imagine you’d travel to this island, too!
HUEY: Just...how many people do you KNOW, Mario? And who’s this guy?
KOLORADO: I’m Professor Kolorado, my floating bucket friend!
NEWCOMER! Kolorado
KOLORADO: ...yes, that was quite a title card. Mario boy here helped me with some archeological finds in places such as Dry Dry Ruins, or Lavalava Island!
HUEY: Oooooooh! ...so that’s how you say it- archeological!
KOLORADO: ...indeed. Anyways, I’ve come to Prism island to search for the original versions of the Decal Lands’ Things- Artifacts! ...But I must thank you for hammering me out of another kerfuffle, old boy! I became so hungry in there! I even considered gnawing on this find- imagine that!
Kolorado picks up the Draggadon Bone.
EDWIN: Good find, Kolorado! I’m not sure how it’ll help us, but let’s give that bone a new home.
Mario, Huey and Louis look at Edwin.
EDWIN: You know, uh, for science!
MARIO GOT THE DRAGGADON BO-
????: Oh, no you don’t!
Kidd the Vellbex jumps in and swipes the Draggadon Bones mid-animation.
LOUIS: Aw no- Kidd the Vellbex!
EDWIN: That depressing woman we met in the Azure Underground!
HUEY: SHE’S COME BACK TO HAUNT US! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!
KIDD: That’s ghosts, Tin Thing! I’m not a ghost, yet! But before I become one, I’ll show you and your weak friends what a really bad day looks like! And you’re about to meet something almost as bad as me you should run from!
Kidd runs off with the Chomp Bone.
KIDD: Toodles, kids! I just need to make a quick stop at your local Coliseum. HEH HEH HEH HEH!
Suddenly, Princess arrives.
+After Princess destroys the wall, the Draggadon Statue is revealed. However, there’s strange purple spots on it...
MEMPHAWK BOY: That’s a complete Draggadon fossil!
HUEY: So that’s a Draggadon fossil? I wouldn’t want to run into this guy in a dark alley.
EDWIN: Wait a sec, guys- something’s wrong with the bones. What’s that purple stuff all over them?!
LOUIS: And even without the purple, our dragon friend is a little, how to say it, molto blanca.
Kolorado gets up.
KOLORADO: What kind of monster was that?! And where did that large Chain Chomp come from?! It seemed quite displeased at us?! Did we anger it somehow?
EDWIN: As far as I know, maybe it wanted our money- over my blown-out bag, though!
KOLORADO: And such strength! It rolled through the wall like mere pebbles, old boys! The only recourse I take is it cut the work time considerably. The fossil is completely exposed!
HUEY: Hey, guys. Smells like there’s a Paint Star on the other side of that hole. Let’s check it out.
+Upon entering the other room...
LOUIS: It looks like Princess rolled through here and off into the sunset...ah, grande times.
HUEY: Well, it’s been real, but let’s grab the Paint Star and get outta here!

ROSHAMBEAU TEMPLE #2
CHARACTERS

+The audience here consists of Memphawks, Brustaches and Toads.
+The opponents this time are unchanged from the original version.

Back