Prelude to the recolored Paper tale...

ALTERED SCREENSHOT
6r0vczl.jpg

Fewer, yet stronger

REVAMPED CHARACTER
xXYyyxt.png

CAPTAIN BAABEAUSSA (Vellbex)- A pirate captain who mildly instills caution wherever she sails, Baabeaussa and her crew search high and low for treasures, bounties, rewards, and other fun stuff like that to finance the Vellbex back home. Let me tell you something- Baabeaussa is a hardcore pirate, to the point she wears gear even if those parts of her body are still OK. Except the leg, though- Baabeaussa picked the wrong day to anger Cheepskipper. That's to say nothing of the stories the Pianta Captain Ahant has on her.

Oh, and not only is Baabeaussa the sister of the Squad Captain- Baamere and Ganag of the Dark Bloo Inn are her mom and son, respectively. Yep- Vellbex families are closely knit, given how few of them remain on Prism Island and their near non-existence off it.

MAIN SERIES CHARACTER
z36aSzT.png

MARIO- The hero of the entire Super Mario Bros. franchise! You can't have Paper Mario without Paper Mario! (Well, technically you can, but...forget it.) Having dealt with a large assortment of enemies over the years, from Bowser, to Wart, to Bowser, to Tatanga, to Bowser in a Clown Car, to Wario, to Bowser with the Star Rod, to the Shadow Queen, to Bowser in a jacuzzi, to Dimentio, to Bowser in space, to the dark spirit of the Gold Royal Sticker possessing Bowser, to GIANT Bowser in space, to the Mercadian Knights, to Tanooki Bowser, to 2 Bowsers, to Cat Bowser, to the Gami Squadron, to Bowser on top of Bowser riding another Bowser...jeez, that's a lot of Bowsers.

Where was I going with...oh right! Uh, anyways, Mario, Peach and Toadsworth have recently received a mysterious blank Brustache that came from Prism Island's Port Prisma. Now, with Huey's Color Power and partners old & new, Mario's going to lay down his boots, smack down his Paint Hammer, and bust out some lyrics! Look- here they come now!

His name is Paper Mario! Adventuring's his game!
Traveling the world to keep all the fame!
When Prism Island is in trouble, he'll be there on the double!
It's no longer duller, as Mario splashes out some color! OOMPH!

Splash out some color!

You're in for a treat, so hang on to your seat!
Enjoy a wild story with sensational feats!
You'll meet Huey Shy Guys Aace, Peach and the others!
It's no longer duller, as Mario splashes out some color! To the BRIIIINK!

His name is Paper Mario! Adventuring's his game!
Went to Prism Island, despite all the rain!
Lend the people a hand, in that colorless land
He'll make it less duller, as he splashes out some color!

The Koopalings and Junior are still misbehavin'
The Musketeers are plannin' somethin', Prism Island needs savin'
Misleadin' and confusin' everyone they both discover
They'll get what they deserve, when Mario splashes out some color!

Splash out some COLOR! Some COLOR! Some color! Some color...

MAIN SERIES CHARACTER ANNOUNCEMENT- LAST 7 DAYS EVENT!
+We are now 1 week away from when the vote for main series characters to be added in the Recut closes. We are also 2 weeks away from when the actual Color Splash releases. So let's look at the standings right now for each character. (Also, I may have failed to disclosed that this vote is taking place across three websites- GameFAQs, Mario RPG Universe, and Mario Boards.)

Waluigi- 4
Wario- 4
Boom Boom & Pom Pom- 1
Daisy- 2
Pauline- 2
Rosalina- 2
Hisstocrats- 1
King Boo- 1
Mottley Bossblob- 1
Nabbit- 1
Polari- 1
E Gadd- 1
King Bob-omb- 1
Yoshi (original)- 1
Toadette- 1

Unless something changes, the results look locked in place.
So, to shake things up, an announcement: the total number of main series characters a forumer can vote on has increased from 2 to 4! That gives everyone a little more breathing room, and this vote much less predictability!

RETURNING BGMs IN COLOR SPLASH RECUT (all the original versions)
Paper Mario 64- General Guy Battle (second phase only)
Paper Mario TTYD- New Ability Tutorial
Super Paper Mario- O'Chunks theme

LEVEL PREVIEW (last one until full topic!)- ROCHAMBEAU TEMPLE #1
GAMEPLAY

+There's two different Rochambeau tournaments- Coin Prize and Card Prize.
++Like in the actual game, you can only enter Coin Prize Challenges as many times equal to the number of Mini Paint Stars and Grand Paint Stars Mario has collected. Alternatively, Mario can bribe the shifty Blue Toad as usual.
++Meanwhile, Card Prize tournaments can be entered an infinite number of times.
+The prizes for Coin Challenge tourneys have been cut to half. The cost to reenter prematurely, meanwhile, is 75 coins.
+Card Challenge prizes are as follows:
1 WIN: 1 Jump Card, 1 Hammer Card, 1 Mushroom Card
2 WINS: 1 Super Jump Card, 1 Super Hammer Card, 1 Super Mushroom Card
3 WINS: 1 Mega Jump Card, 1 Mega Hammer Card, 1 Mega Mushroom Card

CHARACTERS
+The Toad announcer is replaced with a Brustache announcer- Buvvert. i.imgur.com/VSCk46c.png
+The audience is changed to mostly mixed species (though using only a few models). Ironically, Memphawks are the only species not present.
+The first Goomba is replaced with a Cleft.
BUVVERT: And in THIS corner! Lurking around Parts Unknown! The rock with a chiseled chin! The spiked stealth master! Cluh-cluh-cluh-cluh... CLEFT!
8YVVuGv.jpg

+Rock Paper Wizard is one of the only adult male Toads outside of Green Zone retaining their original species, gender and age.
MDPxCt4.jpg

QUICK UPDATE- CRUNCHED EDITION
+Just to avoid any "trouble", the full topic will not be uploaded until at least October 14th. In fact, due to the large scope of even the normal game, the Recut may take a significantly longer amount of time than expected. That said, I will still use a recent unforseen, yet still lucky, development to help with the Recut.
+Until then, here's three somewhat out-of-context altered images...
o0t99Gn.jpg

GuvnHHI.jpg

dLnPZtC.jpg

FLASH ANNOUNCEMENT+ ONE FINAL PEEK FURTHER IN
24 hours left until the vote closes
. If there are any main series characters you wish to see in this alternate version of Color Splash, yet have not expressed this, readers have until 11:59pm (almost 24 hours) to do so.

Also, I may have been skipping around a little while watching a certain stream, but only to learn important information. Now that I have decided and know for sure what I'm building up to, though, I can take my time. Until then, here are some partner abilities.

9YKXx7P.png

PARTNER FIELD ABILITIES
HUEY- Paint Meter, Huey Hint, Cut Out
EDWIN- Suction
LOUIS- Memphawk Jump
MARIRANA- Sound Wave/Sound Barrier Blast
NYA- Ninji Vanish

AND VOTING IS OVER!
+After a month of mild action, the voting season for main series characters in this alternate take on Color Splash is over! And the final results ARE!

Waluigi 5
Wario 5
Rosalina 4
Wart 4
Daisy 3
Mottley Bossblob 3
Pauline 2
King Bob-omb 2
Bouldergeist 2
King Boo 2
Polari 1
Hisstocrats (package deal) 1
Nabbit 1
E Gadd 1
Yoshi (original) 1
Toadette 1
Boom Boom & Pom Pom 1
Wingo 1

So from the looks of things...
1st! Waluigi and Wario
2nd! Rosalina and Wart
3rd! Daisy and Mottley

Thanks to everyone who participated in voting on their fave characters. I truly appreciate how many people took the time to decide who they wanted most. Even if you didn't vote and had something to say, I appreciate you for your honesty, even if it ever looked otherwise.

Now, for a little confession. As the numbers didn't seem to be really moving, I prepared model sheets for a few characters. Here's first and second place for now.

WALUIGI- http://i.imgur.com/xktpcSZ.png
WARIO- http://i.imgur.com/GZXpf3C.png
ROSALINA- http://i.imgur.com/ZjryVX7.png
WART- http://i.imgur.com/YBN6aqH.png

As I didn't decide how much a ranking should "count" until now, Daisy and Mottley will come later. After that, I'll leave this topic up as long as possible (depending on the website) for discussion on Color Splash- original or Recut.

Until then, do the Mario!

Back