Prelude to the recolored Paper tale...

STORYLINE/SIDEQUEST CHANGE
+Luigi has more of a role in the Recut storyline.
Qe4qmvw.jpg

+Therefore, someone else takes over his hide-and-go-seek gig.
Fc6glRa.jpg

MAIN SERIES CHARACTERS
LUIGI
[ http://i.imgur.com/ioDaLBV.png ]- The man in green himself! Luigi usually wants to relax. However, for various reasons, his time for rest is often interrupted when others call for his help. Not that Luigi minds, though- he also has a desire for more respect. In the Paper Mario universe, Luigi possesses a much larger ego than expected. Though dimension hopping and saving quells it, it doesn't vanquish this trait.

IL PIANTISSIMO- http://i.imgur.com/D7HrscY.png

MYSTERY BASE RECUT SCREENSHOTS
Can't hide from a Ninji- http://i.imgur.com/j0Z5JT1.jpg
The Blue salute and the interference of the Musketeers- http://i.imgur.com/J3VQKjM.jpg

STORY CHANGE
+Ludwig's role has been altered. In exchange, someone else is taking care of the first of the Koopalings' secret weapons...
ywiyEFx.jpg

+Also, the Koopalings have another weapon only in the Recut.

CHARACTER
GENERAL GUY
[ http://i.imgur.com/rwS2Yjh.png ]- Once the guardian of the Star Spirit Muskular, General Guy was summoned to Prism Island on short notice to redeem himself. It doesn't matter to the General he hasn't physically seen the Master yet- he just wants back into the groove.

SEPTEMBER DIRECT ALTERED SCREENSHOTS
Humongazee Rebazy Dayzee- http://i.imgur.com/bWb9n0h.jpg
Monkeying around- http://i.imgur.com/2HlbhUa.jpg
A different kind of escape- http://i.imgur.com/UnSNHAC.jpg

PLOT AND CHARACTER CHANGE
+Petey Piranha...is still in the Recut version of the story. However, he's been moved to a different, later part of it. The one flying in the air is yet to be determined.

MAIN SERIES CHARACTER
PETEY PIRANHA
[ http://i.imgur.com/7orZxZp.png ]- The first time Mario ever fought Petey Piranha is a subject no-one can agree on. Delfino Island, at the bottom of a windmill? Gritzy Desert, several decades ago in the other world? The Rumble Volcano scuffle a little while back, where Petey swiped the innocent due to the strange energies of the Green Royal Sticker? And does Petey even understand the concept of "allegiance"? Or is it simply a matter of coaxing the unusual Piranha, like under the circumstances that bring him to the island?
The only thing known for sure is this: Petey's an international plant of mystery.
EXTRA BATTLE POSES- i.imgur.com/gAFsZPZ.png

w6Hi5fu.jpg

PAX UPDATE- GOLD COLISEUM
THINGS TO ARTIFACTS

Bone > Chomp Bone: Prevents enemies from using dodge defenses.
Lemon > Dry Dry Lemon: Gives Mario a 1-in-5 chance of inflicting Wet status with a single-hit attack OR the first hit of a multi-hit attack.

GOLD COLISEUM
+Prior to arriving here, Mario has met up with Louis. Unfortunately, Louis has been making his admirations of Mario a little too well known.
+When Mario and co. arrive...
SHY GUY: Anyway, if you come back later, you can fight battles and win fabulous prizes. Such as…a Grand Paint Star. Unfortunately, the roster is full at the moment. And security’s busy keeping some unwanted guests out. Sorry, pal.
EDWIN: Did that fellow say we could win prizes? Let me at them! I’ll win the Battle Royal fair and square!
LOUIS: Or, maybe idraulico boy here could win it. I’ve seen him take on this island’s best fighter without wrinkling his cappello!
HUEY: Guys, guys! Let’s not forget the most important prize here- the Grand Paint Star! We need to get in now, or we’ll miss our chance.
????????: Yeah- maybe I can help pencil you in for an appointment.
Nastasia and O’Chunks arrive on the scene.
HUEY: I didn’t think we’d be seeing you two again so soon. What brings you here? (after getting the Red Paint Star, Mario must return to Town Square to progress a certain other subplot. That’s when he reunites with O’Chunks and Nastasia)
O’CHUNKS: We were jus’ checkin’ out the bro-churs for the whole bloomin’ island, tryin’ to decide where to go next. Been hearin’ from the local birds to check ou’ their coliseum! Bu’ it seems teh me those wee l’il turtle kids took it over!
SHY GUY: Sir, I’ll have you know that we run a legitimate competition here.
NASTASIA: Yeah, no- I have a better idea. You’re going to let us in, since you just found there were six extra slots in the roster.
SHY GUY: Uh, no- I’m not doing any of-
Nastasia hypnotizes the Shy Guy.
SHY GUY: Hold on one moment… Just as I thought! There's room for you all in the next Battle Royal! My mistake! Please enter through the door to your right and stop by the pre-screening desk. Good luck!
8SJgFVK.jpg

Upon entering the coliseum…
HUEY: Awfully dark in here, isn’t it? They’re really setting the stage!
O’CHUNKS: I’m not afrai’ o‘ no darkness! I can’t wait to unleash Fist Jr. an’ Slappy in a Battle Royal!
NASTASIA: Yeah- I guess it could be fun…
O’Chunks and Nastasia hurry ahead.

+At the prescreening desk, the door is bent out of shape. Some Shy Guys are trying to fix it.
SHY GUY: Welcome to the prescreening desk. I’m here to weed out the unqualified. …or, at least I usually would. Unfortunately, that purple-coated Vellbex busted the door, so even if you were bad to the bone like her, I couldn’t let you in. Come back when the doors are repaired. By then, I’ll bet your inventory won’t be so bare-bones.
EDWIN: …that was just painful.

+As Mario travels the coliseum...
HUEY: Whoa, we made it to the outer wall! Check out the view!
LOUIS: I know, right? My people really love the ideals the ancient Royal Family used in building the Gold Coliseum! My dad and I usually came here to just sit, talk and eat pasta! Just like my compagno, Mario-!
EDWIN: Louis. Enough. With. Fanboying. Over. Mario.
LOUIS: Whoa, Edwin, relax. I’m not trying to start anything-
EDWIN: Except talk about Mario. Doesn’t anything else go through your mind?
LOUIS: Can you really blame me, though, Edwin? I mean, you see how strong Mar-
Edwin glares at Louis.
LOUIS: …Do you think this too, Huey?
Ve71Vqt.jpg

HUEY: Oh, uh, er, you put me in a bit of a tough spot, Louis. I mean, I like Mario, too. And I care a lot about defending this island from invaders. Even Edwin there seems to be a little entranced by gold. But I take interests in other stuff, too, so maybe-?
LOUIS: I- I guess you’re right.
EDWIN: (sigh) Louis, I’m sorry. It’s just-
LOUIS: No, it’s fine. I could try and think of other interesting coses to talk about.

+Also, some Musketeers sneak into the Coliseum via the walls.
DRYBAKE POKEY: Spnspnspnspn…it took me some time to sneak into the coliseum. Especially with security upped so greatly. But I really don’t appreciate those out-of-town Pokeys invading. And now, Aace brings that indecisive rookie in from Bowser’s army? What happened to “the pride of Prism Island?”
EDWIN: Wait…Aace already found someone else?
DRYBAKE POKEY: Of course he found some- wait a moment. You’re Edwin! Aace isn’t taking you back- that’s for sure!
A battle starts with the Drybake Pokey.

+After entering the back room of the Coliseum, but before the conversation about the boxes…
LOUIS: Hey, guys, ragazzi- before we go further, there’s something you might want to know.
EDWIN: …
LOUIS: Don’t worry- it’s about the coliseum!
EDWIN: Very well- if you think we need to know.
LOUIS: That’s eccellente! So, remember how I said the ancient Royal Family built this place? They also used to hold various games here, to entertain the little bambini in the family. Building the Coliseum also helped the king make friends with other rulers, like the Dry Dry Ruins’ first Tutankoopa, or the Drybake Stadium’s Tower Power Pokeyhotep.
EDWIN: That’s all well and good. Now, if we can get moving and find a way to fix the gate, we can-
LOUIS: Whoa- I’m not done yet, little soffio! Eventually, the youngest of the Royal Family wanted to enter the games, too- especially the Battle Royal. Unfortunately, the king objected, while the queen- she was busy with other pursuits. As a compromise, the king allowed his kid to enter the Royal Pets instead. However- things went molto south after that decision. The Royal Pets were so brutal with the competition, the original Battle Royale was eventually cancelled on account of so many injuries. There’s no easy way to say it, amico- those walls took tumilis of gold paint to hide the mess the Royal Pets left behind. It’s only in recent years the Battle Royal came back.
HUEY: I’m going to have to agree with you, Louis- I don’t remember there being any Battle Royal here when I was originally built.

+When Mario finds the Chomp Bone...
VERONICA: Hey-yo, Mario. We have something for you. So get this- we heard one of the fossils from Marmalade Valley was STOLEN! Can you believe it? Using our keen Memphawk senses, we found it, drudged in this old room.
Veronica, Jonny and The Invisible CAAN stand aside.
VERONICA: Well, here it is. I thought you'd be happy with this old thing. So don't hold back. You can give me a big hug, if you can take it. ...or you can hug the bone. An old friend told me you might do that.
S2u7a2r.jpg

Mario gets the Chomp Bone.
VERONICA: Wow! You held that up like it was a toy! What muscles you have! And with that...
All three Yellow Squad members salute.
VERONICA: Veronica, Jonny and Invisible CAAN... Over and out! Since we've been separated from Sol, we'll report back to him until further notice. CAAN?
The Invisible CAAN destroys the box. All three Yellow Squad members leave.

+After Mario and co. get the Chomp Bone and exit the room, they see O'Chunks and Nastasia at the prescreening desk.
O'CHUNKS: "...come back when the doors are repaired?" Buddy, I can repair the door wit' jus' one punch! Watch!
SHY GUY: Sir, waitwaitwaitWAIT!
O'Chunks punches the door. Sure enough, it straightens out.
SHY GUY: I...don't believe it. You actually fixed the door! And just when we were about to give up! http://i.imgur.com/jH9xrkq.jpg
O'CHUNKS: Yeh canno' give up when a skinny l'il door stan's refuses tah open. Yeh gotta keep at it!
NASTASIA: Yeah, O'Chunks- nice words and all. But, do you have a transcript proving this optimism?
O'CHUNKS: Ah dunna need some wee note fer proof- ah jus' need tah give a chunkin'! C'mon, Nastasia- some fun awai's!
O'Chunks and Nastasia walk onto the lift. The lift comes back.

+There's actually two waves of enemies before fighting Iggy. The first wave isn't really a wave, though...
Mario, Huey, Edwin and Louis arrive atop...
HUEY: Look, Mario! There it is!
Camera shows...
HUEY: The Topaz Grand Paint Star!
IGGY (voice): What the- you're here, too!? HUWUHWUHWUH! And just after we ambushed the big guy and his girlfriend!
O'Chunks and Nastasia are tied up in the right corner. Nastasia's eyes are covered by a bandana.
O'CHUNKS: I canna' believe I walked righ' inna tha' one! When I get loose, Imma chunkin' the green-haired turtle!
NASTASIA: I'll come with you to that appointment, O'Chunks. After I regain my sight, of course.
IGGY: Get a hotel room, you two! The only way this could be worse is if-
?????: Mario! I've been looking all over this island to pick a bone with you!
A Goomba wearing Musketeer garb drops in from above.
LOUIS: Flying Goombas? Now I've seen everything. By the way, uh... who is that guy, Mario?
Mario thinks. He then shrugs.
MYSTERY GOOMBA: How could you not remember me, Mario! I'm the Goomba who that other Mario damaged. Ooh- I think I still feel it now, just thinking about it.
MARIO: ?
MYSTERY GOOMBA: You ruined my buddies' wheelerific revenge against them?
MARIO: ?
MYSTERY GOOMBA: ...You wrecked the awesomely giant Papercraft I was riding?!
MARIO: ! ...?
MYSTERY GOOMBA: Aw, come on! That one was a freebie! OK- how about this one-?
NASTASIA: Hold on- I know that voice. Perry?
MYSTERY GOOMBA/PERRY: Oh NO. Why are YOU here?!
NASTASIA: Yeah, you were that team player who helped detain the man in green. Even though ...it doesn't matter anymore... I appreciate the spirit.
Mario looks annoyed at Perry over this. Meanwhile, O'Chunks looks sad.
O'CHUNKS: Nastasia...
PERRY: Well, good for you! I moved on to better things, though! I'm working with the Musketeers now! And for my first test- I'll finally get rid of Mario!
A battle with Perry begins.

BGM- Megasparkle Goom... Battle [Original] (Paper Mario: Sticker Star [Recut])
zTYMpkd.jpg

HP: 80
ATK: 10 (headbonk), 2 x 5 (multibonk)
+Every turn, Perry can steal energy from the Partner Meter to permanently power up his next attack by 2. This stacks, by the way.
DEF: 0

After the Perry battle...
PERRY: Don't think this is over, Mario! I'm not forgetting this fight, either!
Perry runs away like a punk.
PERRY: Aaaaaace!
After Perry leaves...
IGGY: Now I know why we didn’t bring that guy with us- he’s so needy. Any more interruptions from the Musketeers? No? GOOD! AHAHAHAHA! Welcome to the Battle Royal- the last fight of Mario's life!
Several enemies come up into the arena on lifts.
LOUIS: Aw, no, fratello!
EDWIN: We can't take on all of them! Even Aace would find this difficult!
HUEY: You're right! There has to be a better way!
O'CHUNKS: Tha's it- time to unleash a chunkin'!
O'Chunks breaks free from his bonds. He also releases Nastasia of her bandana.
NASTASIA: Thank you, O'Chunks. Now- why don’t we you and I pencil in a 3 o’clock battle with hordes of the Bowser group?
O'CHUNKS: You're speakin' my language now, Nastasia! CHUNKS AWAY!
O'Chunks and Nastasia enter the foray.
EDWIN: It’s nice of them to join us...but even now, we may still be outmatched!
HUEY: Maybe there’s some other way to take them all out at once...Let’s take a look around this place.

+Regarding the second wave...
+The Goombas are replaced with Dry Dry Pokeys.
+The Spikes are replaced with Clubbas.
+O Chunks is an independent field ally for Mario, with Nastasia trailing the big guy. O Chunks can take 40 HP worth of damage (which is balanced by the fact the normal enemies have their stats altered- mostly, their ATK is lower), yet defeats 1 enemy every 3 seconds. Once his HP is up, O'Chunks faints, and Mario is on his own.
+If Mario can defeat all enemies before O'Chunks faints, Mario gets 1 extra card for every 8 HP O'Chunks still has.
+Regardless, Iggy runs over the weakened O'Chunks, knocking him into the wall behind Mario.
NASTASIA: O'Chunks!?
Nastasia hurries over.

+While Iggy doesn't undergo the personality changes Morton will, his dialogue is slightly changed to reflect the Recut's direction.
INTRO: AHAHAHA! You should see the look on your face! No really- can we get a mirror over here? Ah, forget it... Let's tear this plumber apart!
http://i.imgur.com/5Cr8fPR.jpg
AFTER BATTLE: UGH! I lost? That's embarrassing- I just rubbed it in those Musketeer's faces how much better I was than them! Just take the Topaz Grand Paint Star and get lost! Shut it down! Show's over!
aYqLI8z.jpg

Iggy runs off...
+Before Mario and co can reclaim the Topaz Grand Paint Star, Kolorado and Orion come in to check the scene for their own reasons. Meanwhile, O'Chunks recovers thanks to Nastasia.
+Their talk is interrupt by a mysterious mural, emerging from the sand...

BOSS BATTLE
IGGY STATS

HP: 200
ATK: 12 (magic wand, shell attack), 24 (likely chariot super attack)- attacks can be blocked.
DEF: 1
+While the Chomp Bone can still be equipped to deal with this battle, partner attacks will also not trigger chariot dodges.
+In fact, partner attacks do not trigger enemy dodges at all.

ENEMY CARD CHANGES
+As stated before, enemies no longer run away in boss battles in the Recut. Instead, they're marked depending on who they're affiliated with. Facing the same marked enemies or bosses lowers their ATK.
+In a new piece of info, enemy cards are the only cards in the Recut whose stats depend on Mario's level. The base HP and ATK of enemy card summoned enemies is rated from 1-10, while they get a fixed amount of DEF.
+A few formulas decide the enemy's stats when Mario summons them.

Let BaseHP= the HP rating of that enemy.
Let BaseATK= the ATK rating of that enemy.
Let LV= Mario's level.

HP= (BaseHP + 2(LV(BaseHP0.1)) + 2(LV))RNDUP
ATK= BaseATK + LV

ENEMY CARD EXAMPLES
SLURP GUYS

MARK: Koopaling
HP: 3
ATK: 3

BOOSKETEER
MARK: Musketeer
HP: 4
ATK: 4

GREEN KOOPA
MARK: None
HP: 4
ATK: 4

RED KOOPA
HP: 5
ATK: 6

BLUE KOOPA
HP: 6
ATK: 5

KOOPATROL
HP: 5
ATK: 7
DEF: 3

BROOZER
HP: 6
ATK: 8

?????????? (Dark Bloo Inn enemy in mysterious room)
MARK: Unknown
HP: 2
DEF: Halves all damage taken

STATUS EFFECTS
Burn: The victim takes damage equal to 1/10 their HP every turn, rounded up. Water, ice and wind attacks deal double damage to the victim.
Wet: The victim takes x1.5 the damage from enemy attacks. Electric and sharp attacks deal double damage to the victim.
Shocked: If an opponent tries using a physical attack on the "victim", the opponent receives 1/5 the damage they inflicted, rounded up.
Poison: The victim takes damage every turn, rounded up. The damage taken starts at 1/25 the victim's max HP rounded up, and increases by 2/25 for every turn the poison lingers.
Dizzy: The victim misses their attacks 1/3 of the time.
Sleepy: The victim is knocked asleep for 1-2 turns. The victim regains 1/50th their HP, rounded up, every turn they're asleep. If the victim is attacked during their sleep, they awaken prematurely.
Shiny : The "victim" takes half damage. When enemies are Shiny, their stats change as follows...
ATK: x1.25 RND UP
DEF: Half all damage
EXP: x1.5
Paint (all colors): x0.5

SHINY ENEMIES IN ACTION- DARK BLOO INN'S EXTRA CHAMBER
6UXOgaL.jpg

SNEAK PEAK
TOWN SQUARE

Mario, Peach and Toadsworth enter Town Square. It’s completely quiet.
PEACH: Wow, this is a real ghost town. This can’t be right. Are we sure this is Prisma Fountain?
TOADSWORTH: If memory serves me right, dear Princess, the fountain is…coughcough… “a glorious rainbow of happiness and joy.” But…yes, something is amiss. Perhaps there’s a Brustache or two in hiding I could question.
Toadsworth runs off.
PEACH: I hope Toadsworth is careful. There’s no mistaking the postmark on this poor Brustache’s letter…it was definitely mailed from Port Prisma. But who could have done such a thing?
Mario and Peach think.
PEACH: Maybe I forgot something the one who recommended this island to me said. You know- G- http://i.imgur.com/qYCiAI9.jpg
Suddenly, a hatch in the middle of the circle-cornered hexagon opens. It reveals Huey, sleeping.
PEACH: Huh... Is that a...paint can?
Mario hits the paint can.
NEWCOMER! Huey
HUEY: OW! What was that for? How would you like it if I whacked you with a hammer while you were sleeping?
PEACH: We're so sorry! It's just tha...We thought you were a paint can. So we tried to open you up...
Huey stops shuddering around. However, he still looks miffed.
HUEY: Just- check what you two whack next time. Seriously- OWCH.
PEACH: Is there anything we can do to make things right?
Huey thinks about it.
HUEY:...Actually, now that I.m awake, you wanna grab a burger or something? Now THERE's something I wouldn't mind you hammering into my-!
2zB8JW6.jpg

Suddenly, Toadsworth screams.
TOADSWORTH: I SAY!!
PEACH: Toadsworth!?
TOADSWORTH: HALT! Away with you!
Mario, Peach and Huey see Toadsworth getting sucked by a Slurp Guy.
TOADSWORTH: NO! My…my lively colors!
HB3EBwK.jpg

PEACH: Goodness! What is that thing doing to Toadsworth!?
The Slurp Guy sucks Toadsworth completely.

CHARACTER CHANGES
+As seen above, Huey's less of a selfish jerk. Instead, his Recut arc focuses more on his guardianship of the island.
+To make Huey even less of a jerk for a first partner, Edwin gets Huey's money-based dialogue. http://i.imgur.com/BuqxmI5.jpg

PAPER MARIO CHARACTER MODEL SHEET
GsGFp1j.png

HUEY
- The guardian of Prism Island, and a bucket in a sea of saturation, Huey is joined by many other unique, colorful characters during the Recut. Though Huey's not such a cheapskate in the redone storyline, he's still a connoisseur for various foods and meals. Huey will need to fill that appetite, too, if he and Mario want to defend the island from not only the Koopalings and their Master, but also Aace and his Prism Musketeers.

GAMEPLAY CHANGE
+The way Curse Battles are instigated is changed. Rather than whatever triggers Kamek's appearances in the actual game, unusual flowers are found in parts of each level.
+If Mario engages in battle while near these flowers, the pollen around them triggers a curse. The color of the pollen dictates the curse and the reward. Upon clearing the battle, the flower wilts for the remainder of that level's playthrough.
GREEN: Mario's cards are regressed to their weakest state for the battle. TRIPLE EXP HAMMERS
OqyLBu3.jpg

RED: All participants start the battle Burned. LOTS OF RED PAINT
BLUE: All participants start the battle Wet. LOTS OF BLUE PAINT
YELLOW: All participants start the battle Shocked. LOTS OF YELLOW PAINT
PURPLE: All participants start the battle Poisoned. LOTS OF MUSHROOM CARDS
ORANGE: Mario's partner perks are disabled. In addition, partner attacks deal half damage. MAXED-OUT PARTNER METER
MONOCHROME: Mario can't apply paint to his cards for the battle. LOTS OF RED, BLUE AND YELLOW PAINT

...That said, Magikoopas aren't absent in the Recut version's story...
IRWRJMY.png

KAMMY
KAMEK- http://i.imgur.com/hxO7wcZ.png
KAMMY AND KAMEK DISASSEMBLED- i.imgur.com/1eA4zJk.png

SEPTEMBER 13th 2016 UPDATE
+Due to Mario gaining HP from leveling up in the Recut, the Grand Paint Stars no longer boost his max HP.
+Bowser has a role in the Recut storyline. ...and that's all I'll say about that.
XxruV0P.png

+The details behind the Grand Paint Stars' eviction from Town Square are also changed...
http://i.imgur.com/0jUKXIj.jpg

TOWN SQUARE EXPANDED
Mario, Peach and Huey see Toadsworth getting sucked by a Slurp Guy.
TOADSWORTH: NO! My...my lively colors!
PEACH: Goodness! What is that thing doing to Toadsworth!?

TOADSWORTH: Master Mario... help me! I...can’t feel my trousers. But I did...find something...that might come in...handy... Take these... and remember this old man...fondly...
Mario got a bunch of cards!
The Slurp Guy sucks Toadsworth completely.
PEACH: Toadsworth! NOOOOOOOOO!
HUEY: What are you waiting for, Mario?! Use those Battle Cards on this sucker!
The Slurp Guy looks pumped.
HUEY: Here he comes!
The battle is about to begin...
HUEY: HOLD IT!
Mario and the Slurp Guy look at Huey.
HUEY: Do you even have any paint, Mario?
Regardless of what Mario says...
HUEY: You know...paint! That colorful stuff kids use to really pep a drawing? No?
Huey looks around.
HUEY: What are we gonna do? There’s no paint around here!
????????? (purple textbox): Oh, but there is...
Everyone looks around. In addition, Mario shivers.
HUEY: What the- who said that?! ARGH!
Huey is wrung of his color by an unseen purple force. The color falls onto Mario, giving him his Paint Meter.
HUEY: Whooo...where’d all my power go? I haven’t had this happen since I fought against- never mind! I’ve flapped my gums long enough! That paint you just absorbed... (...) ....shower later. Use that paint to keep re-using those Battle Cards your friend gave you.
(The rest of the cutscene plays as usual)

(After the battle...)
HUEY: Color me impressed! You’re a natural, kid!
PEACH: Oh, poor Toadsworth... Everyone, a moment of silence, please...
A moment of silence.
Suddenly, someone’s stomach rumbles...
HUEY: OH, WOW. Uh, I guess I’m hungrier than I thought! My bad.
Huey and Mario travel to Toadsworth’s side.
HUEY: You can do it, bud! Hmmm... Well, maybe that weird creature roughed him up worse than I thought. But no worries- he just needs a fresh coat of paint, and he’ll be as good as new.
PEACH: Really? You can revive him with paint? That would be a miracle! He...won’t come back as some kind of freaky zombie Toad, right?
HUEY: No, ma’am- he’ll be flowing with life, like you and me. That’s the power of paint! You see..paint isn’t just for regenerating Battle Cards... Paint adds beauty and life to this island, our neighbors in Pastelora, and even the world! So I’ve taken the liberty of loading up your hammer with all the colors of the rainbow. Go on- press B to give it a swing. Aim for your pasty friend here.
Mario revives Toadsworth.
TOADSWORTH: In a few moments, Toadette...huh. Bwah?
Toadsworth gets up.
TOADSWORTH: GREAT BOGMIRE’S GHOST! I’M ALIVE!
Toadsworth jumps for joy.
TOADSWORTH: And I can feel my trousers! HuzzAAAAH!
PEACH: Oh, Toadsworth. I’m so glad you’re OK! Without your colors, you just weren’t the same.
HUEY: See? That’s the power of paint! Now, I’ve got to warn you. I gave you everything I’ve got, but it won’t last forever. If you want to keep on painting the world around you, you’re going to have to resupply from time to time.
TOADSWORTH: So...this shining lad here saved my life. I knew all my recycling would pay off one day. But, just in case we get ambushed by any more rapscallions with straws...where exactly are we supposed to find this magical life-giving paint you speak of?
HUEY: Easy. Remember that fountain... [...] ...all of Prism Island! We’ve got six Grand Paint Stars hooked up to the thing, and they’ll put out as much paint as you like. Plus, I mean... [...]
(Later in the conversation...)
TOADSWORTH: Quite right, Princess! So I suppose we just needed to jigger it back on, right? It was most dry when we got there.
HUEY: Bahaha! Dry?! Good one, Toadsworth! Mario, you might wanna ... [rest of the cutscene plays as usual]

(At the fountain...)
HUEY: AAAAAAAUGHUGGH! The Grand Paint Stars! They're gone... All gone!
Toadsworth hops up on the pedestal. He then hops down.
TOADSWORTH: I say- his tears are dreadful.
PEACH: Um...don't cry...paint can. Maybe we could help you findthe, uh...what were they called? Grand Paint Stars?
HUEY: It's no use... They're gone...All gone! Port Prisma without the King's Grand Paint Stars is like...like...a tuna-fish sandwich without ketchup! *sob*
TOADSWORTH: First off, I don't quite understand that analogy. Second off, gross... But thirdly, those Grand Paint Stars seem quite important to you, and you DID give my life a new kick in the trousers.
HUEY: WAAAAAAAAAH! *sniff* *sniff*
Suddenly, Huey gets up.
HUEY: Wait a second...what's that smell? It smells like... a Paint Star!
Everyone looks up.
HUEY: I knew it! Guys, look up there! It's one of our Grand Paint Stars! Oh, isn't it glorious! OK! Princess...Mario...Toadsworth...you guys CAN help me after all! Help me recover that Grand Paint Star! I mean, I basically taught you the ropes on color to get you out of that pickle back there...
PEACH: He's right. We definitely owe him a favor. And besides... I have a feeling that this is related to OUR mystery: the poor Brustache who was mailed to us! What do you say, Mario? Will you help Mr. Can?
HUEY: Mr. Can's my nickname. You can call me Huey! Thanks for the help, guys. It means a lot. All right. Let's go get that Grand Paint Star, shall we? Don't mind me. I'll just tuck myself into your pocket!
Huey enters momentarily. He then exits.
HUEY: If you wanna chat, just press Up on the D-Pad to summon me. It's easier and less painful than hitting me with a hammer! I know this town like the back of my can, so don’t hesitate to ask me for advice if you get lost.
Huey re-enters Mario's pocket.
HUEY: Oooh- spacey.
TOADSWORTH: We'll take a rest for a while, Master Mario. Go paint the town red! ...And hopefully other colors too...
PEACH: May you stay brisk in the face of great adversity.
Peach heals Mario.
PEACH: Come see me anytime you're feeling a little pale. I can help pep you up and restore your HP.

NPC CHANGE
+Toadmaster is replaced with an older Brustache called Postmaster Peshi.
lr2aawd.png

GAMEPLAY CHANGES
+The Wringer is replaced with a redesigned Shady T from Sticker Star [Recut].
+Since Artifacts are equippables (and therefore cannot be “used”/lost), Shady T instead permanently increases their effect by x1.5…for a coin price equal to double their value in the actual game.

THINGS> ARTIFACTS
+Hammer > Koopa Hammer: The power of Hammer attacks increases by x1.4.
+Hair Dryer > Magmaw Dryer: Hammer, Hurlhammer, Baahammer and Chillhammer cards gain/change to a Fire attribute.
(?) Giant Meat > Muth Steak: Healing items restore x1.3 the usual amount.

TOWN SQUARE CONTINUED
When Mario opens the green door in the west part of town, he meets not a Goomba- but a Boo in refined swordsman garb.
BOO SWORDSMAN: HALT! What’s your business, colored knave?! Wait…your mustache is almost as bushy as my instructor’s. Hmm…FACE ME!
ToxpCxL.jpg

FORCED ENCOUNTER! BOOSKETEER [ http://i.imgur.com/OTy2N3r.jpg ]
HP: 12
+The Boosketeer will cover his face. The direction of his saber determines his attack.
++DOWNWARD: The Boosketeer reappears after half a second. He then dashes at Mario.
++UPWARD: The Boosketeer reappears immediately. He then swipes at Mario.
QUOTE 1: My blade is eternal, even if my life was not!
QUOTE 2: Contrary to your naivety, the saber is mightier than the brush!

After the battle…
BOOSKETEER: Well now! Things around this island will get interesting for the others…
The Boosketeer is defeated, dropping an EXP Hammer (now the official rename for Hammer Scraps).
HUEY: That guy was just weird. Like those straw creeps we beat. [ http://i.imgur.com/QXkVUvV.jpg ]
Mario nods.
HUEY: But it’s not all bad news. Look- he was nice enough to leave an EXP Hammer! If you collect enough of these, you’ll be able to store more paint in your paint hammer! And it gets better- your HP will increase, allowing you to survive stronger attacks! Enemies drop them after battle, so pick them up before they disappear.

AFTER CHAPTER 1...
+There's a bit of a change regarding who appears to have ordered the attack on Port Prisma...
[ http://i.imgur.com/Q10SXMH.jpg ]
+Peach doesn't get kidnapped.
+Shortly after the airship leaves with it's new pilot and alternate cargo, O'Chunks and Nastasia make the scene. Detailed account in the full topic.

Sxc5hnu.png

QUICK UPDATE
THINGS> ARTIFACTS

Plunger > Pixl Plunger: Adds two more hits to multi-hit cards (Jumps, Hopslippers, Eekhammers), equal in strength to the last usual hit.

STATUS EFFECTS
+The running meter from the first two games returns when fleeing a battle.
+Mega, Stacked and Circus Hat are just special status effects, rather than counting the enemy as separate.
MEGA: The target becomes gigantic. When Mario is afflicted, his attack doubles. When enemies are affected, their stats change as follows...
MAX HP: x3
ATK: x3
EXP: x1.2
COINS: x1.8
PAINT REWARD: x5

STACKED: The target is joined by 4 copies of themselves. When Mario is afflicted, he gains four more hits for multi-hit cards, equal in strength to the last usual hit. When enemies are affected, their stats change as follows...
MAX HP: x1.8, loses 1 copy after losing 0.2 their HP
ATK: x1 + x0.2 for every surviving copy
EXP: x1.4
COINS: x3
PAINT REWARD: x3

CIRCUS: The target dons a circus hat. No matter who wears it, they gain a 1-in-3 chance of making their target dizzy.

CUT-OUT ARTIFACT ZONES
+The Pixl Plunger is not the only Artifact that can pry Peppa T from the pipe (though you get better cards for using it).

ENEMIES AND BOSSES
+Dino Rhino will make it into the Recut's bestiary. In addition, he'll use his model from Color Splash.
+In addition to the Koopalings, it IS possible to get cards of the Musketeer leaders. The finer details will come to light in the full topic.
+Morton, Ludwig and whichever Koopalings are revoked of their Chapter Boss status all share Morton's original BGM for their fights. General Guy and Khairacles, meanwhile, gain Ludwig's original BGM (for the first half of his battle, at least) and whoever the Forest Koopaling's BGM, respectively. Iggy and whichever other Koopaling(s) stays as Chapter boss retain their themes.
++Aace, Cucleer and Pitholl share a boss BGM called "Justice De La Prisma Musketeers".
NEW BGM- Justice De La Prisma Musketeers (medium-paced song, violin, acoustic guitar, low pitch in the last fifth of the loop)

....Finally, a certain enemy encounter is altered to...something else...
Ox2VnV8.jpg

ENEMY
zWlcWqR.png

?????????? (ERROR! ERROR!)- A strange creature that lives underground. It seems to be looking for something- or someone. Brrr- this slug gives me the heebie-jeebies!
Mark: (Unknown)
HP: 15
ATK: 9
+The unknown creature chucks its spiked mushroom at Mario.
+The unknown creature rolls into a ball.
DEF: Halves all damage; lowered to 0 after chucking spiked mushroom
SPECIAL ABILITY: As soon as the battle begins (before Mario moves), if there are any enemies with a different mark from the creature, it will bestow all of them with Shiny status. If the creature is defeated, all surviving enemies lose their Shiny status.
LOCATIONS: Underground areas (usually very rare)

MAIN SERIES CHARACTER
ROLDB0S.png

BOWSER JR.- Bowser's son, Junior originally disguised himself as Mario to frame the plumber, in order to steal Peach away. Of course, that plan fell apart.
Then, he helped his dad out with an attempt at conquering the universe. (Or maybe it was two attempts...). Of course, his machines fell apart.
Next, he started sniffing out rare stickers in the Decal Lands while the Bowz was acting weird. Of course, his collection attempts fell apart.
Finally, Junior was sucked into a strange dimension along with the others, where he felt strange. Thankfully, he found a buddy in himself- literally! ...Unfortunately, their friendship fell apart, as the Bros eventually sent this Bowser Junior back home.
Now, Junior somehow found the strength to split the Grand Paint Stars from Port Prisma's Prisma Fountain. Looks like this little sucker is gonna be trouble.

One other thing of note. Apparently, Junior went back to the Decal Lands shortly before his interdimensional escapade. If Nya the Ninji is to be believed (especially as she doesn't seem to like Junior), she saw Junior find something under Rustle Burrow, which is why she followed him to Prism Island.
BONUS! BOWSER JR IN KOOPA CLOWN CAR JR- i.imgur.com/NfbjHAh.png

THINGS > ARTIFACTS
+BBQ > Angry Sun BBQ: All Hammer attacks gain/change to a Fire attribute.
+Basin > Lanky Basin: Single target attacks inflict +4 the damage on the first hit.
+Teapot > Cheepskipper Teapot: All Jump attacks gain/change to a Water attribute.
+Salt and Pepper Shakers > Troff’n’Scoff Shaker: Mario regains 4 Red Paint and 4 Blue Paint at the start of every turn.
+Tulip > Dreamy Tulip (two eyes and a mouth): Mario regains 4 Blue Paint and 4 Yellow Paint at the start of every turn.
+Megaphone > Beepboxer Megaphone: Aerial enemies take +4 the damage.
+Disco Ball > 8-Bit Ball (Mario palette): Gives Mario the Circus status for the first 3 turns of a battle.

REASSIGNED CONTROL SCHEME
Italics= unchanged
+A Button: Jump
+B Button: Hammer
+X Button: Paint Hammer
+Y Button: Partner ability
+D-Pad UP: Huey Hint
+D-Pad LEFT: Switch to older partner
+D-Pad RIGHT: Switch to newer partner
+D-Pad DOWN: Cutout

PAUSE MENU
+Status is moved to the bottom of the screen, near Settings.
+Cards is moved to where Status was.
+Artifacts is placed where Cards was.

GAMEPLAY CHANGE
+As Mario gains HP from leveling up, the Grand Paint Stars grant him extra equip slots for Artifacts instead.
Mario starts with 2 equip slots.
Each Grand Paint Star grants 1 extra.
Therefore, Mario has 8 equip slots by the end of the game.

MAIN SERIES CHARACTER
PRINCESS TOADSTOOL: PEACH
[ http://i.imgur.com/EMan8LW.png ]- The Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. In other words, she's really important. A lot of people find the Princess nice and pretty, such as Mario, Luigi, the Toads, the Piantas, Bowser, Edwin, Ganag, Ganag's mom, your local firefighters, and many more. Unfortunately, Bowser doesn't like sharing what he wants most, leading to the Princess' most common dilemma- getting kidnapped by the Koopa King. Thankfully, with Bowser mysteriously absent during this trip to Prism Island, maybe the Princess is out of the woods! ...that is, as long as she doesn't go near them.

BATTLE CARDS
NEW CARDS

+4 new cards in 3 levels, as well as 2 others, have been added. This is to make up for the removal of the multi-copy cards (Hammer x2, Worn Out Jump x5, etc.).

TORNADO JUMP
Creates a tornado hitting other air enemies.
TARGET: 1 main target, splash damage to all other air enemies.
+Normal power: 3 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 (main target), 1x every successful jump (other air enemies only)
+Super power: 7 > 2 > 2 > 2 > 2 (main target), 2x every successful jump (other air enemies only)
+Mega power: 13 > 3 > 3 > 3 > 3 (main target), 3x every successful jump (other air enemies only)

THUNDER JUMP
Electrifies Mario's jumps.
TARGET: Single
+Normal: 5 > 1 > 1 > 1, can shock enemies
+Super: 9 > 2 > 2 > 2, can shock enemies
+Mega: 15 > 3 > 3 > 3, can shock enemies

QUAKE HAMMER
Creates an earthquake.
TARGET: All ground enemies, all ceiling enemies
+Normal: 7
+Super: 12
+Mega: 20

SPINHAMMER
Mario spins really fast, causing him to collide into other enemies.
TARGET: All ground enemies
+Normal: 7 > 5 > 3 successive
+Super: 13 > 9 > 5 successive
+Mega: 21 > 14 > 7 successive

TURBO FLUDD
Mario dashes into the enemy with FLUDD's Turbo function.
TARGET: All ground enemies
+Normal: 12 > 8 >4 successive, Water attribute

ROCKET FLUDD
Mario flies into the enemy with FLUDD's Rocket function.
TARGET: All aerial enemies
+Normal: 12 > 8 >4 successive, Water attribute

CARD CHANGES
+Due to the Quakehammer's inclusion, the normal Hammer no longer emits shockwaves. In exchange, it gets a slight power boost.
+In addition, the timing of all Hammer cards is slightly loosened so the player receives an extra 3/10ths of a second for an Excellent hit.

Back