Do you use the mobile versions of the wiki and forum?

Well, do ya?

• I use the forum mobile version

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • I use the wiki mobile version

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I use both

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I use neither

Votes: 34 68.0%

• Total voters
Shokora said:
A lot of my time is spent out and about, so I'm not always at home on the desktop. I do find the mobile forum version especially useful for checking in on discussions or replying to messages (although I wish there was a clear notification for something new in my inbox). And I love the simplicity compared to the desktop version.

I find the mobile version of the wiki useful for patrolling recent changes and such, but it still feels very limited. For example, I can't see a way to view a page's history, and sometimes I can't edit a talk page section or scroll down while editing.

Do you guys use the mobile versions of the site at all?
I do not. I would only use it if there was a full fledged app for it, both iPhone and Android. Well, I only need it for Android.

Nah, images in the mobile forum typically appear stretched. I rarely post on mobile though. Same with the wiki, if I want to edit a page I do it on a computer. I'm familiar with the interfaces on the desktop versions and not the mobile versions so that's also a big factor.

I use both!
But comparing mobile and Desktop, i say that desktop is better then the mobile version, Mobile doesnt have full function of the boards, probably because in the mobile version is not meant to have many functions, just to check how is it going in Boards, just not many things to do.

I use both but desktop version is preferable, and Poyo!

I am usually on a mobile device, and I use the desktop version of both sites. I'm just not a fan of the mobile sites' appearances.

Wait, what is that word? Meuuuu-baïlle version? What does it mean? (That means I don't use, even though I mostly am on a phone.)

I don't usually go on my phone for stuff, I'm usually using my laptop. I use the mobile forums only when I'm waiting for someone to get back to me on something, as it's too much faffing around to try and get it to switch to desktop and it usually crashes my browser, but I rarely post or do anything else with it. As for the Wiki, I always have the mobile site open on my phone to keep an eye on my watchlist and occasionally drop in on recent changes or proposals. I also look a lot of things up quickly on my phone, but I don't tend to edit much with it. I much prefer the way the mobile watchlist is laid out though, it's very useful.

Since I lack any mobile devices with decent web browsers, I usually check the boards on my desktop when I come home to my laptop. It's a lot more convenient than fighting with the 3DS' sluggish internet browser just to get a page to load.

I use the computer version because it's easier to use, and has more tools. But sometimes I use the mobile version because I use my phone more.

How is I use niether winning?

I use neither despite visiting both the Wiki and Forums on a mobile device. I unfortunately don't own a computer. It is surprising a mobile device can support the desktop version of both sites.

John Denver Fan said:
I use neither despite visiting both the Wiki and Forums on a mobile device. I unfortunately don't own a computer. It is surprising a mobile device can support the desktop version of both sites.
Does that mean that you use the mobile version?

Birdo said:
John Denver Fan said:

I don't use mobile version on the Wii U's Internet Browser, it is a mess on mobile, so I use desktop.

Alan Jackson Fan said:
Birdo said:
John Denver Fan said:

I don't use mobile version on the Wii U's Internet Browser, it is a mess on mobile, so I use desktop.

I agree! Unfortunately I'm on vacation right now and I didn't bring my computer so I'm using my phone to be on the forums and I really don't like it

I can't get used to the mobile version of the boards on iPhone 5s so I switch to desktop mode. The wiki itself is fine on mobile though.

Back