Something that's always bugged me about the Mario spin-off titles...

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
I don't know if it's just me, but is anyone else getting sick of the same, boring cast of characters? I'm talking about characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate these characters. Not at all. But what I don't understand, is why they refuse to bring in characters from the Mario RPGs, or even older characters, like the seven Koopalings (which Bowser Jr. is pretty much a blatant disregard for), Wart, Tatanga, and some others. Instead of the RPG character, they'll throw in generic enemy types, such as a random Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and other characters like that, instead of using Goombario, Kooper, and many other characters that had LOADS of potential. I could (sort of) understand why they're not in the platformers, but why leave them out of the spin-off titles, too? That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Is it written somewhere that these characters can't be used again, or what?
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
SolarBlaze said:
I don't know if it's just me, but is anyone else getting sick of the same, boring cast of characters? I'm talking about characters like Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate these characters. Not at all. But what I don't understand, is why they refuse to bring in characters from the Mario RPGs, or even older characters, like the seven Koopalings (which Bowser Jr. is pretty much a blatant disregard for), Wart, Tatanga, and some others. Instead of the RPG character, they'll throw in generic enemy types, such as a random Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and other characters like that, instead of using Goombario, Kooper, and many other characters that had LOADS of potential. I could (sort of) understand why they're not in the platformers, but why leave them out of the spin-off titles, too? That makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Is it written somewhere that these characters can't be used again, or what?
QFT

But it's Nintendo, and they mainly recycle artwork now...
 

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
Ah, yeah. I've noticed that. If I remember correctly, the official artwork for the Mario characters in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was re-used from one of the other spin-off titles. I don't remember which one, though.
 

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Forum Moderator
Wiki Bureaucrat
Core 'Shroom Staff
SolarBlaze said:
If I remember correctly, the official artwork for the Mario characters in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was re-used from one of the other spin-off titles. I don't remember which one, though.
Don't forget the Artworks of Mario Kart Wii, all of which are (except for Baby Daisy/Peach) really obvious edits of artworks of other games.

In response to the question in the OP, I guess it's because most spin-off are handled by Third-parties, and thus they don't care/knows about the more obscure characters.
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
they should make more GOOD third-party spin offs
 

Lario

Seems so long ago.
tucayo said:
they should make more GOOD third-party spin offs
Be more detailed...

They should also give logical ansers to why the babies in the present...

Off-Topic: I'll post an illogical anser in another topic...
 

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
Lario said:
tucayo said:
they should make more GOOD third-party spin offs
Be more detailed...

They should also give logical ansers to why the babies in the present...

Off-Topic: I'll post an illogical anser in another topic...
like making mario kart second or third party (or fourth! [/stupid])
 
Top