Pokemon GO

K said:
coincidentally nintendo has announced plans to fund a nuclear reactor inside niantic's hq where the servers are kept

are they eating up that much power

lol

Looks like you can no longer play Pokémon GO in countries where it hasn't been officially released, it isn't working for me and many other people here in Mexico; it doesn't show anything on the map, no pokéstops, pokémon, or gyms.

www.pokevision.com

this site is amazing, it takes your location and shows you the locations of pokemon nearby

So today while I was lounging on the U-shaped concrete benches at the college (the place is gorgeous especially if you like giant slabs of concrete and abstract/minimalist steel statues come visit me) I witnessed a group of ~7 bottle-flipping frat bros that I later learned were team instinct steal away a fresh gym from a little kid (and his father) after they were sitting there for a good 15 minutes or so presumably whittling it down. After the kid got frustrated they started walking away and I figured "hey why not" and asked them what team he was.

"RED TEAM!"

wowzers me too

so I told him to wait a second and I slaughtered all of the ~600-1000 CP eeveelutions the frat bros dumped onto the gym with my 1900 CP snorlax and told the kid to take the first spot. After that I walked with them for a bit showing them the fastest and most efficient routes to cycle through all of the 156375 pokéstops on the campus and the quickest ways to the gyms and where all of the shaded benches were, which was necessary because the entire campus is under construction and typical paths are blocked off and have created a hazardous maze of rubble and orange fencing. I led them to the two other gyms on campus (well one is a church like right at the end but ___) and helped him plop some pokemon on those as well and told him to cash out the defender bonus ASAP before anyone else came by and swept them up. After that the kid was super energetic and the dad was all "wowzers man thanks !!" and babbled something about ingress portals and dark matter and then went on their way to throw themselves at the triple-point of pokéstops that all had lures while I continued my pacing around the campus to hatch my eggs.

#TeamValor #RedLivesMatter #RealHeroesWearFlipFlopsWhileDoing30kmOfPowerWalking #TurkeyItalianoAtSubwayFor645

Reed_Library_Fredonia.jpg

lBebaU7.png

today i walked to the gym that's close to my house and took it over from valor, only to have it immediately taken back by two guys sitting in a car close by
we then proceeded to go back and forth taking over the gym seeing who would give up and leave first, but eventually my game decided to just not let me fight the gym anymore and kicked me out every time i started a battle so i left

i came back later to see it was taken over by team instict and the only pokemon there was a 500 cp weepinbell, i took it over and it's still mystic as of now ayy

Just started playing for the first time, it seems kind of boring at the moment, but most Pokemon games start out boring so I'm sure it'll be fine

This happened today:

Mom: "Where were you?"
Me: "Church"
Mom: "Oh, it's so great you're going by your own will"
Me: "I was catching Pokémon"
Mom: >_>

There are three Pokéstops around a church close to my house and they always have lures, so it's a prime spot for catching Pokémon. Got a new Kadabra, a Pinsir, and a Venomoth.

The first three times I played this game it worked fine but the last three times have been riddles with crashes and not registering the distance I'm walking or showing pokemon.

next time will be the tiebreaker.

the hardest part of this game is finding a nickname that hasn't been taken by someone already

gah

lol pretty much the only Pokemon I can find in my area are fucking Weedle, Rattata and Oddish, I think the only interesting thing I've caught so far is Eevee

T E A M M Y S T I C

okay so

there was a nidoran female in my kitchen, a nidorina in my truck, a friggin' venusaur on my bed and a weedle in the food lion cereal aisle

Wow I can't wait to actually go somewhere with this thing besides grocery shopping.

Finally caught a magmar then 3 seconds later my egg hatched into another one

I'm really not a fan of this softbanning thing for playing while driving/playing immediately after driving. I got out of my vehicle and noticed there was a Blastoise (which is really fuvking rare out in the woods of Swampbuttfucknowhere) and went to catch it only for it to immediately run away.

I'll play this game more once the three-step bug is gone, it's basically the thing that turns it into 'a game that makes you go walk' to 'a game that you play when you happen to go walking'.

anyway fuck this game until it gets fixed.

If I see anything nearby that I'm interested in I just use Pokevision to get the correct location. Otherwise I just take whatever appears.

Level 19 now, one more for Ultra Balls.

Oh, and for my Team Mystic brethren, you can get a free short stack at the The Pancake Parlour this week.
https://m.facebook.com/thepancakeparlour/photos/a.10150212455508151.335317.47960718150/10154399445623151/

That works well if you live in a place where more than five pokemon show up nearby at a time. Not only does it not even show all the pokemon nearby on pokevision (ihad three pokemon a minute away from my house that didnt appear on that thing), the ones it does show take longer to reach than they'll exist for. I just have to walk and hope something shows up, which usually I get 2 or 3 pokemon for the whole 40 minute walk. mostly zubats. occasional pidgey. rattatas are rare af.
Hilda said:
anyway fuck this game until it gets fixed.

Yeah there was a dratini nest near me as well that seems to have gone ;_;

Hilda said:
I'll play this game more once the three-step bug is gone, it's basically the thing that turns it into 'a game that makes you go walk' to 'a game that you play when you happen to go walking'.
it's gone now!
oh, you thought they fixed it? no, they just completely fucking removed the footprints.

7Rimtwc.jpg

qpHptRv.jpg

Went to a Pokemon gym and fought with a Valor and Instinct group before my cousin, sister, and I temporarily took it over (not pictured is my cousin's stronger Vaporeon and my sister's weaker Eevee). Some Instinct eventually won the gym with a 2.6k CP Dragonite.

Yes, I know the Venomoth is terrible. However, I knew I'd be backed up with the Flareon.

Back