What do you look forward to every season?

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Every season for me, there is something for me to look forward to, so why not go over them in order of seasons?
Winter- Winter break(Ah, a needed break from school.), Christmas(Presents, jolly feeling), feeling of having heat on inside while it's cold out, Snow(I like playing in the snow, drinking hot chocolate while it's really cold out, seeing the ground all white, and being out of school. I wish we got more though. If only our climate was better at handling stinkin' Ninos), Valentines Day(Chocolate... CHOCOLATE! CHOOOCOLAAAATE!), lack of annoying insects(screw you, flies, mosquitoes, and ants!)
Spring- Perfect weather(I love when it's room temperature during the day and chilly at night with some sun and thin air, Spring break(Ah, another break), I couldn't even complain when that happened in winter as much as I dislike warmer-than-average winters), beautiful plants(I love seeing pink trees around me), Easter(Again, CHOCOLATE), my cousin's birthday(had a load of fun last time, though it seemingly kinda messed me up as far as sleep went), end of school later on(yay, another needed break), and we won't see much of the annoying insects if we're lucky lack last Spring(Maybe the El Nino is good for something after all)
Summer-My birthday(technically, My birthday is 7 days before the official start of summer, but where I live, it's summer break and will have heated up by then, so yeah), school's out for the first two months(ah, relaxation), vacation(nothing like leaving the county and going to a better place), 4th of July(because fireworks and visits, I love blowing stuff up with family and/or friends, not to mention it shares its name with one of the best Soundgarden songs) and the fair(even though it's late in the season and after school started, it's still so much fun. Nothing like riding rides)
Fall-Better weather(I'd take room temperature or cooler weather over temperatures exceeding 90 degrees any day), Halloween(I've always loved the spooky kinds of things. Also, candy including CHOOCOLAAAATE), Fall break(Yay, a break from school during Halloween season! *twirls around like a lil girl*), Thanksgiving break(final break before the good old Christmas season. Also, we almost always see my cousin and aunt)

So what do you guys look forward to in the seasons?

Winter: The cooler temperatures, the Orion constellation, winter skies in general, longer nights, rain, Christmas, my birthday, no annoying insects, snuggling in my blankets at night, and the birds, like Dark-Eyed Juncos, Yellow-Rumped Warblers, etc. I love winter the most here.

Spring: Birds get really active at this time of the year. They're loud and sing-songy. Mourning Doves coo a lot and Mockingbirds start singing at this time of the year.

Summer: The night songs of the mockingbirds, the nice pleasant temperature nights, Least Terns and Snowy Plovers nesting, perfect time to go to the beach. Summer break as well.

Fall: Deciduous trees are pretty, the temperature is very nice and cool, love it, the annoying insects are gone for the most part. Thanksgiving and Halloween are also tons of fun.

Every season is a welcome change of pace, especially here in the northeast where every season is very different. Bored of heat? Get beautiful and cool fall foilage. Bored of that? Enjoy some snow. Then wait for summer again.

Spring has pretty much no redeeming qualities, though. Flowers may look pretty, but it's also nature's smug warning that my eyes and nose will be exploding for 3 months straight, combined with asthma. Don't expect to get any sleep.

I mean, it can get up to 90º to 95º on a hot summer day (although it's usually in the 80s), and we usually have a blizzard once or twice a year with 20º to 40º weather in general. So it's not too bad.

Winter: Christmas.

Spring: My birthday, almost the end of school.

Summer: Maine, summer camp, no school.

Fall: Uh...not much really.

Fall-(Early) Spring: No Bugs (flies, wasps, mosquitos, etc.)

Summer: Hardly anything tbh

Spring: My birthday, the gradually increasing temperatures(of course in SoCal this isn't much warmer than winter)

Summer: REALLY warm weather(tfw Mexican, I love heat), the local fair opens up, major sports events such as CONCACAF, the Olympics, World Cup

Fall-I can wear jackets/sweaters without getting looked at funny

Winter-hot chocolate and regular panaderia(bakery) visits

Spring: My daughter will be 1 year old next spring! <3 My birthday and my fiance's are also in Spring, but I've been incarcerated for retarded reasons on my birthday in both 2015 and 2016 (I'm a celebrity so the cops fuck with me)
I had to move to Los Angeles and go incognito after this crap happened.

Summer: Getting to wear flip-flops and the beach! <3

Fall: Getting to wear sweaters, the color of the leaves, the college semester and having a regimen that is more stable, allergies getting closer to going away (I'm a stereotype nerd with pretty bad pollen and oak allergies)
Winter: Getting to wear jackets(<3 leather)

I don't look forward to Christmas because last year, I had to go to the hospital for my sciatic nerve damage (my family worked together to get me institutionalized on fucking Christmas day after going to the ER, but they released me the next day once they found out the assholish nature and abuse that was behind the institutionalization.)

Quickie-la said:
Spring: My daughter will be 1 year old next spring! <3 My birthday and my fiance's are also in Spring, but I've been incarcerated for retarded reasons on my birthday in both 2015 and 2016 (I'm a celebrity so the cops fuck with me)
I had to move to Los Angeles and go incognito after this crap happened.

Summer: Getting to wear flip-flops and the beach! <3

Fall: Getting to wear sweaters, the color of the leaves, the college semester and having a regimen that is more stable, allergies getting closer to going away (I'm a stereotype nerd with pretty bad pollen and oak allergies)
Winter: Getting to wear jackets(<3 leather)

I don't look forward to Christmas because last year, I had to go to the hospital for my sciatic nerve damage (my family worked together to get me institutionalized on fucking Christmas day after going to the ER, but they released me the next day once they found out the assholish nature and abuse that was behind the institutionalization.)
I'm sorry to hear that last Christmas was such a blow-out last year. I hope the next one is better for you.

Quickie-la said:
Spring: My daughter will be 1 year old next spring!
That's beautiful! What's her name?

Spring: Longer days
Summer: Longer days, vacations, my birthday
Fall: The weather
Winter: The weather, the holiday season, and winter clothing

Summer: Christmas, Christmas/New Years break, beach, swimming, long days, daylight savings, wearing almost no clothes, not being fucking cold all the time

Autumn: Birthday, still some warm and long days, footy starting, public holidays

Winter: Boys with body heat, hoodies, footy season, the brief moments when you are home and can just wrap yourself in blankets and play video games

Spring: Pretty much autumn but without the birthday. Footy grand final, return of public holidays

Back