Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Pat Cashman (SSBB)

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Xander Mobus (SSB4)

Votes: 28 68.3%

• Total voters

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
Simply put, which of these four guys do you feel did the best job at being the announcer (and by extension, Master Hand)?

I'm definitely going with the most recent one, Xander Mobus. His voice is just golden.

Xander Mobus, love how he also does joke announcer voices and how he narrates a Smash video.

Xander Mobus has embraced it the most and has the most fun with it. I'm not the biggest fan of the way he says some characters, namely Puff, Dorf, Cloud, and Corrin, but he's still good. Harrington and Manning both have great energy, though the Melee announcer is a little subdued.

It's hard to pick one. I like particular lines from each one. Harrington's "failure" is good because he sounds so disappointed in you and who can forget Manning screaming the name during the title screen.

Im tied with Pat Cashman and Xander Mobus, but the flaw that makes me like Pat Cashman as the same as Xander Mobus, the flaw is Mobus saying "Choose your fighter" because of that I use the Spainish announcer more. Overall the tie is out, Cashman and Mobus.

As a kid I used to legitimately think the 64 announcer just yelled excited gibberish when you broke a record, took me a while to realize he was actually saying "A new record"

Dean Harrington is my favorite. It's also because I liked the sound direction Melee had; the echo makes it sound really cool. I love the way he says "Meeewtwooo!!"

Xander Mobus was the worst in my opinion.
I liked Dean Harrington's and Pat Cashman's narrator voice the former because of the Emcee style voice and the latter due to being the golden era of Smash voice acting/announcing. So for me it is tied for Dean Harrington and Pat Cashman.

Xander Mobus has to be my favourite, but Dean Harrington gets an honourable mention for how he screams the title.

This is probably cheating, but Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. Technically, he is an announcer (Sonic Mania), and he has had his voice in Smash Bros. (F-ZERO Medley), so...you decide if it counts.

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
This is probably cheating, but Takenobu Mitsuyoshi. Technically, he is an announcer (Sonic Mania), and he has had his voice in Smash Bros. (F-ZERO Medley), so...you decide if it counts.
Come on, Xander Mobus is actually a real option and he's better than any other announcer out there.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Come on, Xander Mobus is actually a real option and he's better than any other announcer out there.
I actually voted for him once, because of when he sang the Pokémon theme.

Xander Mobus. Well, not just as an announcer but as a VA in general. I've seen other roles of his and man the guy can voice things. Impressive range.

Back