What music do you put on when you work?

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
When I'm doing math, I put on my general music, but when writing I try to put on something quieter or more ambient. Usually the Gone Girl soundtrack works really well.

When I do math, I can't have music playing, it's too distracting for me.

However, when I model/mod/or make art, I listen to varying varieties of music. Some include Initial D, Jamiroquai, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Shakira, KC & the Sunshine Band, Earth Wind & Fire, Maynard Ferguson, etc. It all really depends on my mood.

Whatever comes up on my playlist, which has recently been heavy metal, video game songs (usually Cave Story and Undertale), and dance music. Saying just "dance" kinda makes me sound like I'm listening to people tap dancing or something...

actually i either use rainymood or one of the other rain soundscape websites there are and overlay
or whatever music rainymood has that day

they once had godot's theme and it was amazing, so i usually use that as well

Time Turner said:
Saying just "dance" kinda makes me sound like I'm listening to people tap dancing or something...

not really, considering that i have a library filled with dance-y music so i know what you're talking about

I put on SGSA videos. I tend to like that because I'm not sure what comes next, unlike with music where it gets kinda repetitive.

Usually J-pop or Love Live music. Especially GARNiDELiA or Kalafina. If I feel like changing it up, I'll put on some Marina and the Diamonds or Melanie Martinez.

My 'Work Beats' playlist on Spotify. It's mainly pop, EDM and chiptune. Very upbeat and repetitive.

If I'm finding that I'm getting distracted by it then I'll put on some white noise or some very ambient EDM.

Paper Jorge said:
music and working do not go together
Why do you think that

Magikrazy said:
You don't whistle while you work?
Don't do this in a communal office unless you want all your co-workers to be plotting your murder rather than doing their work

Paper Jorge has probably never worked on an art project before, where music helps you work on your piece.

D.Va said:
Paper Jorge said:
music and working do not go together
Why do you think that
If you like the music(or even if you don't), then it can distract you. For example, what if I'm listening to a song and I start thinking about writing something with its influence when I'm supposed to be doing math or something?

delain

love that band to hell and back and its pretty heart pumping.

Back