Mario versus FanFiction (lotsa images warning)

Dr. Alphys said:
I didn't so much intend to question the use of a tape, but more the fact that you'd willingly adhere to the TV schedule when you've got the internet at your disposal and can pretty much watch whatever episode whenever, as long as its already out/leaked.

I admit that kinda blurred a bit with the follow-up line about tapes being low tech. I just added that one because it flew nicely from the previous one.

I guess there's also some projection going on here, since I haven't watched TV in more than a decade (excluding the time I was hospitalized) and when I want to watch something, I watch it online at my own pace.
well, internet streaming definitely was not a major thing back in 2007. i guess he could just pirate things though. francis does strike me as the type of guy to pirate everything he watches

...okay im looking way too into this

Nabber said:
i guess he could just pirate things though. francis does strike me as the type of guy to pirate everything he watches

...okay im looking way too into this

No, that's pretty much in line with what I was thinking too.

There's an easy way to find out. The damage a monster takes is proportional to the attacker's desire to harm. Following that logic, if Francis is a monster, by the current mood of the LP Mario should be able to one-shot him about twelve times over.

Deinosuchus said:
Amai Odayaka said:
Wrong place?

Where am I supposed to post fanfics?
if it's just a random comic, it probably belongs to the daerhT egamI modnaR laiciffO ehT. This thread is for Edo's let's play.

E: dammit LB

Sonic the smart Hedgehog said:
You used to update more. What happened? Did something bad happen?

Life happened. It has a way of doing that and claiming more time than there is available.

I can't really promise a regular update schedule right now, but considering there still seems to be demand for this project, I will try to see what I can do.

So I sat here and found myself without some nagging deadline hanging over my head for once, so guess what?

9IaE0ED.png

...zzzz.... .... ....zzzZZZZzzzz..... ....hah, spaghetti... ... ...haaah.... ravioli.... ....zzzz....

RA1HZ8H.gif

haaahhhhaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

WHAT!?!?

CsENNHk.png

Oh, hey princess. What's going on?

"Mario, did you really just fall asleep for eleven months???"

What can I say? Alcohol makes me tired.

"How much did you drink??"

Not even close to enough for the rest of this game.

emm68as.png

What was I even doing here?

Oh right, talking to this asshole.

N0GAE2V.png

Yes, I vaguely remember Tippi getting licknapped. That was wacky.

NEJaODZ.png

So we're going for the full nerd stereotype here... and apparently this Francis character is into butterflies? That ain't right.

The nerd persona you're attempting to parody here doesn't prance around outside hunting for butterflies. That would mean a: exercising and b: interacting with people from the meat zone. That's like their Kryptonite. They spend their days holed up in their parents' basement, away from natural light, glued to a computer screen. Are you aping the stereotype here or subverting it? Pick one, please.

r6NYZQV.png

So, he regularly excersises, has an actual creative hobby in insect-collecting and photography, and he's a home owner too?

Damn game, you're trying to portray this guy as a pathetic loser, but it rather sounds like Francis got his life figured out. Go him!

ZaP3nve.png

By contrast, look at this chump here: Lives in a bush, accosts and bothers random strangers, and seemingly has no life whatsoever. I don't know if you have any room to talk smack about anyone, buddy.

p2cm4EI.png

Also, I can't really not save Tippi. She's the only new non-deceased character I have some kind of attachment to, so if I leave her to her fate, I'll be fresh out of shits to give, however small they may be.

cuKIszH.png

Ok. Summarize them in one textbox or less.

ta3ZVN6.png

Huh, concise. Ok. I'll be careful, thanks for the heads-up.

lz9JPLr.gif

Wait, what is that?

rvdWOny.png

Nooooo!!!!

7yaZOGT.png

That sure was annoying! Time for some wholesome platforming instead.

...or as wholesome as this can get.

QgzAQvr.png

Don't mind me, just hospitalizing some koopa fools like I always do.

JuIuETq.png

Doop-dee-doo, found another one.

OYWM0Pc.png

He's a jumpy one.

QcPXyLv.png

I'm gonna getcha!

TnEguJM.png

Wait, wha...?

sPLoeaS.png

Aqj0xKT.png

"Hey, Mario. You're going to hate this. Trust me.

What you're seeing now is my normal state."

2EEBcTx.gif

"This is a Koopa Paratroopa."

z5AG0rH.gif

"And this...

This is known as a Koopa Troopa who has ascended PAST a Koopa Troopa.

Or, you could just call this a Super Koopa."

docPh9w.gif

"And THIS! IS! TO GO! EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!!!"

17z7DoX.gif

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

9flOWER.gif

IoDgDIo.gif

X281iae.png

0GqkRew.png

qZV6LaL.png

Oh dear! It seems like I have found myself in quite the situation!

I like it though. The enemies using your own powerups against you is a nice twist.

WSjWWyN.png

...or at least it would be...

uvy2k6X.png

...if the game hung on to the idea for more than two seconds.

IYIZVs9.png

As it stands, this encounter finishes just as quickly as it started, leaving you with only one feeling.

tbzaQg1.png

Disappointment.

YsBMCmJ.png

The rest of the level is pretty boring too.

The game seems to agree, since it's giving us ways to rip out each other's souls should things get too unbearable.

XJ1eAJ7.png

Up ahead is a practitioner of vile black magic.

Peach, using her fabled white magic, swiftly puts a stop to that. Classic Mario RPG.

wb1mwpx.png

But then she learned Thundaga. So much for being a white mage then.

iFS2JHm.png

Speaking of magic: What unholy ritual birthed this mockery of nature? I don't want anything to do with it, so I'm staying far away from that thing.

oeaoNYy.png

This part of the level looks like Super Mario Bros. level 1-2. We're in the nerd chapter though, so I can forgive it.

lxhJWNE.png

Plus, it means I can use the hidden warp zone to skip a huge chunk of the game. Aw yeah!

B87WSLn.png

I won't skip TOO far ahead though, maybe just to the end of this chapter so I can save Tippi without having to deal with the rest of this nonsense.

Ti2y8Xb.png

Unfortunately, this is just a discount warp zone, so instead of letting me skip anything, it just puts me in an area with these soccer-obsessed koopas who kick shells at me. I guess this is the equivalent of attacking someone with a shirt cannon.

I5igBfH.png

It speaks.

YBeNhVU.png

Oh hey, Bowser's here. Should have guessed that from the inceased number of enemies with actual character designs.

Dit09ME.png

If you're so averse to people geeking up the place, why did you build your stronghold in the geek chapter?

Didn't think that one through, huh?

7U3jWQ9.png

Boy. Listen. You see this nose? This is the nose of video games.

I could break a hundred shells like yours just by sneezing on them. So don't give me any of that.

But I see in your eyes that you don't believe me. I believe this calls for a demonstration. Time to lay siege to this stronghold!

tYMBg7S.gif

(Haha, yeah, if only.)

7HwosJn.png

Not much talk left, now that the wind's been knocked out of you, huh?

Go back to Bowser boot camp!

b9kpeuY.png

Cannons? Of course! A lot of noise, with no results to show when the dust settles.

A typical day for the Koopa Troop.

wQDMAN4.png

X marks the spot. Aha! Treasure! I don't have a shovel on me, though.

0baOf8g.png

Eh, this will do.

tZe5HLY.png

xIxRlKm.png

I've heard of structural weak points, but this is ridiculous.

dS79ZUd.png

Treasure found!

ejEhoJg.png

From your dreams, I bet.

hr7VBwD.png

Because it's funny when you get all angry about it.

80j8EXb.png

Oh, I wasn't aware that this would be such a special occasion. I'm sorry, Bowser. I would have brought a cake.

...I am flattered that you kept track though.

zJtsRMM.png

No you big silly, I'm pretty sure I just blew that up.

TJRBd4A.png

Oh no, not the sequels to this game! The world couldn't handle such a devastating loss!

I guess I'll have to stop you now!

4MbZaKY.png

My eternal nemesis, may I have this dance?

"Don't make this weird, Mario."

5phwTKk.png

Ah yes, the fire breath. A classic. Nice opening.

But check THIS out:

sNa9Thm.png

I play Sphere of Annihilation!

nqhSUtV.png

"That dinky sphere is no match for my stompage!"

GAV5Xzs.png

"SON OF A--"

And now for my grandiose counter-attack! Hyah!

MEMhpQB.png

MOTHERF--

"Bwa ha ha! What a dumbass!"

0Px30Na.png

Ohey Princess, I didn't see you there. Do you wish to partake in this rousing round of recreational roughhousing?

"Mario, you should really pay attention to the fight.

Wha? Oh. Right.

hxa2HEi.png

No worries! I'll just dodge this real quick by flipping, and...

RFgvr6n.png

...wow, what a great goddamn camera angle! Once again the game shows off its expert craftsmanshift!

Making this wall semi-transparent was too hard, I take it?

Actually, it gets better. See the faint blue sillouette in the foreground? Those are the merlons of one of the other forts to the left of the arena. They made THOSE transparent, but not the big obstructive wall blocking the entire fight. Tip of the hat to whoever was in charge of camera design.

Ti0MCIO.png

Well, it seems that by jumping and breathing fire, Bowser has exhausted his entire move pool already.

Really, the most exciting part of this battle is who you're fighting against. The fight itself is hardly anything to take note of.

isSii9r.png

Actually, that square fire breath looks rather painful, Bowser. Are you feeling well?

z6YmzDP.png

Here, I got you a throat lozenge!

fRBLk6x.png

Oh awesome! I've been feeling hoarse all da--

lsHtOao.png

Gothcha!

Gaah! You dick!

P33LOHV.png

Someone's getting cranky!

Back