Absurd Addictions?

Pronouns
She/Her
Like most people, i have my tendencies to do the most foolish and absurd of things for no logical reason.

I have the tendency to snap my fingers uncontrollably at the most random times or whenever i'm listening to a song i love.

Another is (Sorry if this seems really revolting) that i have the strange tendency to lick my own jacket zipper since i found it really delicious when i was around 10 Years Old.

Paper Iggy Koopa said:
Another is (Sorry if this seems really revolting) that i have the strange tendency to lick my own jacket zipper since i found it really delicious when i was around 10 Years Old.
well that's certainly something i haven't heard before

Paper Iggy Koopa said:
...i have the strange tendency to lick my own jacket zipper since i found it really delicious when i was around 10 Years Old.
sigging this in the future

I have a strange tendency to be on Mario Boards all the fucking time

Sub-Zero said:
I have a strange tendency to be on Mario Boards all the *bleep*ing time

Scratch that I have internet addiction problems in general

Also, I can spend the entire ----ing day working on a mod, and I don't even get that hungry or thirsty. I do get extremely tired though.

Mario is my addiction. :fancy: He's a big part of my life.

He's also there when my Dad isn't.

Nabber said:
Paper Iggy Koopa said:
well that's certainly something i haven't heard before
I don't do it anymore but i can hear the voices in my head say it "Do it, you know it tastes really delicious". :-\

als i'm not quite certain it counts as "absurd," but I am addicted to self-harm

Self-harm is like being on drugs, your body releases endorphins when you harm yourself; this is not a good thing to do. If you have problems with it, you should see a therapist.

If you want to hurt yourself, clench onto ice or take a jog instead. Both also release endorphins but are less destructive than self-mutilation.

Please don't hurt yourself further, you hurt other people as much as you hurt yourself.

Baby Luigi said:
Self-harm is like being on drugs, your body releases endorphins when you harm yourself; this is not a good thing to do. If you have problems with it, you should see a therapist.

If you want to hurt yourself, clench onto ice or take a jog instead. Both also release endorphins but are less destructive than self-mutilation.

Please don't hurt yourself further, you hurt other people as much as you hurt yourself.
i've been to three different therapists, a PRTF, and i've tried substituting it with everything from holding ice to drawing red lines on myself. nothing helps. as for hurting others, part of the reason why I do it is to hurt my family

don't get me wrong-i'd love to quit self-harm. I just can't seem to get myself to stop doing it

So there's a thing that I did subconsciously for many, many years. I'd make a motion that was able to be mirrored to the right and to the left. If we introduce the notation for R for the right-mirrored version of the motion, and L for the left-mirrored version of the motion, it would start a little something like this:

RLLRLRRLLRRLRLLRLRRLRLLRRLLRLRRLLRRLRLLRRLLRLRRLRLLRLRRLLRRLRLLR

Turns out, that is a mathematical sequence describing how two people can share items from a pile where you can rank the value of each item. I had done this for an entire decade, possibly even longer, without knowing there was some deeper truth behind it. Before I knew about this, I was able to replicate it effortlessly. Once I learnt about this deeper truth, however, I now need to focus in order to replicate it.

i guess this isn't entirely within the scope of the thread but my point is i was obsessed with finishing the sequence every time to a multiple of 4n

if i'm watching something that i won't or can't take sippin screenshots of(something i'm rewatching, something i'm watching on an actual television and not on my pc, etc) i frequently flinch when i see characters drinking

Paper Iggy Koopa said:

So I wasn't the only one...

Peri said:
als i'm not quite certain it counts as "absurd," but I am addicted to self-harm
Any reason? I'm concerned. I've been through it myself and I don't really want to get involved in that stuff anymore. *shudders*

I've only thought of self harm before to strengthen my immune system but I usually chicken out in the end

jerry. said:
I've only thought of self harm before to strengthen my immune system but I usually chicken out in the end
that wouldn't strengthen your immune system

Back