Paper Mario Color Splash enemies

Probably

It's best we either report it or ignore it.

Just put it on your ignore list while it continues spouting out incoherent drivel.

Mister Wu said:
Striker Mario said:
But anyhow, why make original characters when we have all of that to use?
This is an ionteresting question, I think some main issues are
a)abuse of some characters (e.g. Toads in Sticker Star, made all equal unlike the first two games in the series so it was even more annoying to the players) while others that are no less iconic pretty much don't appear (Yoshis, I know that you are somewhat happy because of their absence but man, Lavalava's Yoshis were memorable and perfectly fitting to Sticker Star's guidelines, with the exception of the village leader)
b)the fact that all previous RPGs in the respective series (both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi) introduced original characters (many of them, actually, especially Super Paper Mario that almost seemed unrelated with the previous games in terms of style), generating some kind of expectation.
The abuse is there, but I'd like an explanation rather than pointing out a fact. I liked Lavalava's Yoshis to be honest, they look like the older design of Yoshi, and I actually tolerate it. I don't appreciate how all the Toad characters are just generic Toads when not even the mainstream games with an abundance of friendly NPC characters do this. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are great examples of having a rich variety of friendly NPC characters in a mainstream Mario game. New Super Mario Bros. in of itself doesn't have a lot of friendly NPC characters so it's fair to give it a pass. The problem is when they take the minimalist approach way too far, by trying to impose a standard set by 2D Mario platformers/Super Mario 3D Macrocosm (which have extremely little friendly NPC characters) into a game that is meant to have a rich variety of friendly NPC characters. It's like making Super Mario Galaxy's friendly NPCs get replaced by red Toads. It's like fitting a square-shaped block into an oval-shaped hole.

Well, just to be fair, New Super Mario Bros. doesn't really have color variation aside from the Blue and Yellow Toad. But to make with such little friendly NPCs in the first place, I wonder why they had to adhere so closely to this when not even Mario Party, another series stripped from original characters, uses the same colored Toads.

Striker Mario said:
The abuse is there, but I'd like an explanation rather than pointing out a fact. I liked Lavalava's Yoshis to be honest, they look like the older design of Yoshi, and I actually tolerate it. I don't appreciate how all the Toad characters are just generic Toads when not even the mainstream games with an abundance of friendly NPC characters do this. Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy are great examples of having a rich variety of friendly NPC characters in a mainstream Mario game.
This is the strange aspect. Let' look at the first main series non-Koizumi game - Super Mario galaxy 2 (Sunshine and Galaxy were "secretly" not adherent to Miyamoto's guidelines so probably they don't count: http://www.wired.com/2007/12/interview-super/). There were many different NPCs on Starship Mario, and even the Toads were those of the Toad Brigade, so not at all identical to each other. We might make some points about the Toads and Sprixies in the Super Mario 3D games, but then again we had original characters like Pom Pom, Plessie and the Sprixie Princesses (and of course original enemies). And even New Super Mario Bros. U introduced Nabbit. So, really, the more I try to understand what reasoning led to Sticker Star's "roster" the less I can figure it out. I really hope it was just a development issue (after all they had to start from scratch in the middle of the development process). I guess that Color Splash will be clarificatory, as this time they had 4 years and the game is clearly based on Sticker Star.

In Paper Mario Color Splash I would like to see Monty Mole as an enemy because he has a funny face and he is cute. ;D

Mister Wu, I'm not really concerned about individual characters since Sticker Star had a pretty decent cast including Petey Piranha, Birdo, Gooper Blooper, and Bowser Jr.. I'm talking more about the species variety of friendly NPCs. Even Galaxy 2 had Whittles, Jibberjays, Gearmos, and Piantas. What does Sticker Star have? Toads.

It goes a long way towards the feel of the game when the friendly NPCs suit what kind of area they live in, anyway. It was kind of charming to see Toads dressed differently in Shiver City and Dry Dry Outpost in the original game, anyway.

Otherwise they feel like the devs just pasted the same thing in again and again without a second thought

Billy The Kitten said:
It goes a long way towards the feel of the game when the friendly NPCs suit what kind of area they live in, anyway. It was kind of charming to see Toads dressed differently in Shiver City and Dry Dry Outpost in the original game, anyway.

Otherwise they feel like the devs just pasted the same thing in again and again without a second thought
Well, at least they had the second thought.

I would like to see Thwomp because he has funny and silly face. I hope I would like to see him as an enemy in Paper Mario Color Splash. What do you think guys? ;D

Mister Wu said:
Billy The Kitten said:

So, uh, they went ahead and did it anyway? Huh, doesn't make them seem less uninspired.

Striker Mario said:
Mister Wu said:
Billy The Kitten said:

So, uh, they went ahead and did it anyway? Huh, doesn't make them seem less uninspired.
But admit it, in the ending you were able to distinguish the ranger from the other green Toads, so they were right ;)

I would like to see peepa as an enemy because he has a silly face and he is scary. I hope I would like to see him as an enemy in Paper Mario Color Splash. What do you think? ;D

Here's my idea:

A shyguy with a Dropper and a paintbrush. The shyguy would start frail, looking crumpled, in black and white.

They'll sap ink (From that color meter we saw in the trailer) with the dropper, which will cause them to gain color, depending on which ink color(s) they sap.

They can use the sapped ink to paint enemies into battle, which would be weaker versions of their paper variants.

When defeated, they drop the ink that they didn't use.

Back