• Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Zae Eildus said:
smrpg doesnt deserve love

Zae Eildus said:
its a boring piece of *bleep* that doesnt deserve love

Zae Eildus said:
and quite frankly i can talk about a game how i please, i dont need YOUR permission to do it.

I don't care if you hate smrpg but you're seriously saying nobody should ever love it because you don't, which is not okay

thats incorrect, stop making assumptions.

My opinion is that it doesnt deserve love, i have yet to say no one should love it.

there you go, hopefully you can understand now.

isn't it technically squaresoft?

Magikrazy said:
I do, but anyway Paper Mario is still best. None come close.

eh whatever, regardless best is paper mario and i agree.

Zae Eildus said:
Magikrazy said:
Zae Eildus said:
certainly one of the weaker enix games on the snes
It ain't even Enix you goof. It's Square.

semantics yum

It wasn't at the time. They were completely separate companies.

Yeah Enix was all about dragon quest and squaresoft was all about final fantasy.

Then they merged.

Bowser's Inside Story

also the poll is missing puzzle and dragons and mario edition

You know, seeing Superstar Saga with zero votes is a bit strange. I would have thought that it would have least got more votes than Partners In Time which on other forums seems to be known as the worst Mario RPG, bar Sticker Star...and Color Splash, whenever that comes out, you just know it's gonna get very nice comments...

Funny thing is, I almost voted for Partners In Time but just before voting, I realized that I like one single Mario RPG more. And I voted for...

...Super Paper Mario.

Now, some unfairly group this one together with the likes of Sticker Star, just for being different from the usual 3D, turn-based Paper Mario adventure.

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that the level design isn't particularly inspired and just seems like a background for all the characters and events that happen throughout the game. Perhaps that's a good thing, though.
Because on a story perspective, this game has my personal favourite story of any Mario game. As said in the very opening words of the game, this is indeed a story about love. And the way the story twists and turns, by the end, you'll be at the edge of your seat...well, at least I was.

The music...oh, the music is...okay, I guess. This is another point I wanna get across. The music of Super Paper Mario requires multiple listens to really appreciate the tunes. Sure, sure, there were stand-out tracks in the game, such as Tile Pool, Overthere Shrine and of course, the absolutely awesome final boss theme; The Ultimate Show.

Super Paper Mario is truly an great game and one I had loads and loads of fun playing. It's strangely dark for a Mario game and the overall vibe could somewhat be compared to that of Mother 3. Yes, THAT Mother 3. Though, I have to say that game is better than Super Paper Mario, SPM still comes rather close.

Whew...there you go. My favourite Mario RPG and why I like it.

Super Mario RPG. I would say TTYD but I just think the original started it all deserve the spot. I think its vision is more spectacular.

Why is Super Paper Mario's plot such a freaking bipolar thing?

It's either you think it's a horrendous PoS or the best thing ever crafted in a Mario game.

I firmly believe it's in the former, solely because of its prophecy.

Baby Luigi said:

It's either you think it's a horrendous PoS or the best thing ever crafted in a Mario game.

I think it's a rubbish plot that takes itself too seriously and full of crappy characters thatdon't look like Mario characters in the slightest.

In my opinion its basically a completely different game with a few bare bones Mario elements slapped on it.

Baby Luigi said:

I thought it was just an alright game. wasn't terrible but it wasn't very good either

Talking about its plot, not the game itself

Mind you the game itself had its fair share of rubbish.

Back