Ever miss any years of life?

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
Sometimes, I think back on my life and wish I could relive that year. I wanna relive the year where I was 11 years old so I could try to improve myself so that more people would talk to me(I've always been different from everyone else, it's just that I've only acknowledged this about a year or 2 ago), keep myself from getting fat(although I should look nice and lean in the summer should I keep up my current activity), enjoy the 2011 snow, and just be a kid again. But then again, there were some downsides, but hey, every year has downsides. Do you ever wanna relive some years of your life?

Re: Ever miss any years of my life?

I thought this was talking about skipping years from your memory, like as in an entire year missing from your life that you don't remember.

Anyway, I'm content with where I'm at right now. Being a kid sucked, especially middle school. And I definitely don't wanna relive that time between graduation and now. Just a miserable time at the community college, pretending to like Accounting, not finding a job, and I was just all-around depressed. I have a steady job now and I'll be starting college in June so yeah.

The only thing I miss really is my paternal grandfather who passed away a few years back. But at the same time, I'd rather just have the good memories of him than him being alive and in pain as he was during the last few years of his life.

I'd rather take lessons learnt and do better going forward than go back. I definitely wouldn't want to go as far back as 11 because that's back to primary school and doing the whole of secondary school and university again would be a hell of a drag. The only thing I miss is seeing my friends every day.

The only thing I do want to go back and change is my friend's rape which occurred in 2011 because my heart is still broken for her and I still feel guilty because I was in the other room when it happened. I feel so sick thinking about it.

i regret nothing (i do but i follow the no regrets policy, stuff that happened happened) and my life is better now than it was any year before this so no need for me to go back

sure theres some stuff i kinda want to relive but in all honesty it wouldnt be a single year or something, more like single days or a week at most.

There are two things I'd want a do-over on:

1) Signing up for those awards presentations back in 2014 then retiring; definitely shouldn't have signed up for those.
2) Getting contact information for a friend of mine I met at camp a week before I came back here.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything I'd change.

no i dont, especially my teenage years.

most of primary school and most of 2013. 2013 was the only stressless year ive ever had.

Magikrazy said:
I thought this was talking about skipping years from your memory, like as in an entire year missing from your life that you don't remember.
My friend briefly dated a guy who couldn't remember anything from before he was 13. And not in a normal "my childhood memories are hazy / I only remember a couple low/highlights anymore" way: it's completely gone, as if he didn't exist before his teens.

Walkazo said:
Magikrazy said:
My friend briefly dated a guy who couldn't remember anything from before he was 13. And not in a normal "my childhood memories are hazy / I only remember a couple low/highlights anymore" way: it's completely gone, as if he didn't exist before his teens.

Ah, the 'anime' way.

Walkazo said:
Magikrazy said:
Your friend dated Shadow the Hedgehog?

Damn.

of course. I mean I peaked in high school in terms of social life, mental stability and free time

now I have money and freedom (with no freetime) and its significantly worse

I'd like to skip high school and I wish I knew about what's going on about me and my Dad much, much earlier.

A few snippets here and there, but not much of my past is really worth reliving.

I've got nothing in particular to go back and change. I'm sure there are things I could do differently to make the outcomes better but I'm fine with what I've got right now. I don't think I got dealt a bad hand.

The funny thing is: If you went into the past intent on using knowledge of how your life went to change your life for the better, then changing one essential thing would probably throw your life off-track so thoroughly that all the knowledge of your past would become irrelevant.

And then you're back to the drawing board, lol.

Back