What voices could you imagine...

What voices could you imagine for characters in Mario games who have no voices (like the Paper Mario games) the characters that already have voices (Bowser, Peach, etc) have voices already...so we're just using the characters without any voices...yeah...

Count Bleck- I'm not sure about who would be good for voicing him, but I sort of imagine him having some sort of dark, trembling voice with a vague East-European accent.

Nastasia- Marcia Wallace (or whoever it is that does the voice of Lindsay Nagal from "The Simpsons"). I kinda see Nastasia as being kinda stiff and "business like".

O' Chunks- I can totally picture him with Dan Castellante's voice for Groundskeeper Willie.

Mimi- Jennifer Hale (the voice of Princess Morebucks of "The Powerpuff Girls").

Dimentio- A bit of a toss-up between Mark Hamill or Tom Kenny. Mark Hamill because he once did the voice of The Joker. But I'm leaning more towards Tom Kenny, because I picture Dimentio being a bit "airy" and making light humor at his enemies.

Bestovius- I kinda picture him sounding like Yoda, due to his eccentricities.

Old Man Watchitt- Dave Goelz (as The World's Oldest Fraggle)

King Croacus- Due to the whole "male-character-yet-feminine-looking" thing, I've sorta imagined Croacus sounding like Tom Kane as Him from "The Powerpuff Girls" (complete with the echoing effect).

Toadbert101 said:
Ive watched too many YTpoops, cause the voices for Mario, Luigi and Koopa in the cartoons seem ok for their caracters.
That's saying something. Oh, and I'm back from the wiki, if you noticed I left for awhile. What did I miss?

Free Loader said:
Replaying Paper Mario recently, I guess I'll post some of what I think (some of) the Paper Mario characters should sound like...

Bow - Even though her laugh is "Gwa ha ha ha ha", I keep imagining it as the same "Oh ho ho ho" that Satoko Houjou(Mika Kanai) has in the Japanese version of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Her voice apart from that laugh is really just a more "mature" version of Satoko's(don't tell me you didn't expect me to talk about anime).

...That's all I have to say here.
Sorry.
Well, Bow does have, like, the exact same laughing animation as Satoko.

Free Loader said:
Bow - Even though her laugh is "Gwa ha ha ha ha", I keep imagining it as the same "Oh ho ho ho" that Satoko Houjou(Mika Kanai) has in the Japanese version of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. Her voice apart from that laugh is really just a more "mature" version of Satoko's(don't tell me you didn't expect me to talk about anime).

Weird, I was thinking that Bow would sound like Grey DeLisle.

PhilibusterBeetle said:
What voices could you imagine for characters in Mario games who have no voices (like the Paper Mario games) the characters that already have voices (Bowser, Peach, etc) have voices already...so we're just using the characters without any voices...yeah...

Count Bleck- I'm not sure about who would be good for voicing him, but I sort of imagine him having some sort of dark, trembling voice with a vague East-European accent.

Nastasia- Marcia Wallace (or whoever it is that does the voice of Lindsay Nagal from "The Simpsons"). I kinda see Nastasia as being kinda stiff and "business like".

O' Chunks- I can totally picture him with Dan Castellante's voice for Groundskeeper Willie.

Dimentio- A bit of a toss-up between Mark Hamill or Tom Kenny. Mark Hamill because he once did the voice of The Joker. But I'm leaning more towards Tom Kenny, because I picture Dimentio being a bit "airy" and making light humor at his enemies.

Bestovius- I kinda picture him sounding like Yoda, due to his eccentricities.

Old Man Watchitt- Dave Goelz (as The World's Oldest Fraggle)

King Croacus- Due to the whole "male-character-yet-feminine-looking" thing, I've sorta imagined Croacus sounding like Tom Kane as Him from "The Powerpuff Girls" (complete with the echoing effect).
I can agree with a good portion of those, actually. I think you're spot-on with Mimi; and I always imagined O'Chunks sounding like Fat B**tard from the Austin Powers movies.

I always imagined Flurrie sounding like Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons.

Stooben Rooben said:
I always imagined O'Chunks sounding like Fat B**tard from the Austin Powers movies.
I think of him sounding more like Groundskeeper Willie from The Simpsons.

Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
I always imagined O'Chunks sounding like Fat B**tard from the Austin Powers movies.
I'm gonna have to side with Stooby.

Toadbert101 said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:

Im gonna side with Nerdy
Wait, Fat B@st@rd does have a Scottish accent too, right?

ShyGuy27 said:
Toadbert101 said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:

Im gonna side with Nerdy

Ye bet he does, lad.

Smiddle said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Toadbert101 said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:

Im gonna side with Nerdy

Ye bet he does, lad.
K, then, I stand by my statement.

Nerdy Guy said:
Stooben Rooben said:
...Really? I can't imagine that. :-\

PhilibusterBeetle said:
I always imagined Flurrie sounding like Natasha from the Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons.

Hmmm... Do think June Foray still does voice acting?
I dunno. Is she even alive anymore? :-\

PhilibusterBeetle said:
Francis- I sorta imagine him sounding like Spongebob with a head-cold...
I think of him more like Comic Book Guy.

PhilibusterBeetle said:
She's also the voice of Samus and dozens of other characters.

Nerdy Guy said:
PhilibusterBeetle said:
Francis- I sorta imagine him sounding like Spongebob with a head-cold...
I think of him more like Comic Book Guy.

That's what I thought about at first. But the truth is, the Comic Book Guy sounds a bit "scornful" while Francis is just plain absent-minded...

When will Nintendo allow Mario characters to speak fully? (Besides Super Mario Sunshine... of course) Whenever you think about the character's appearance, and read the dialogue or text, it's like you actually hear a voice of that character. Hey, Rawk Hawk is basically a wrestler as a bird (think of the name, and the appearance). What kind of voice fits him the best? ;o

I think the guy from Cragtown in the caves, The one with the TV show (I forgot his name) Should have a voice that's slightly higher then Steve Irwin's

Back