Paper Mario: Color Splash

wii u: "great system. great games"

yeah, i love all the games coming out for it, like... uh... zelda, maybe?

Look what I wrote on the 9th of September on the Paper Jam page

[quote author=Mister Wu]
This is the first and so far only Mario game where dialogue between the Koopalings can be seen
[/quote]
We already know that in Color Splash each Kooaplings is dealt with separately from the others and that they don't talk in the ending (including the march), but what happens if we summon a Koopaling against another Koopaling? Let'see...

VERDICT

PMCS_Ludwig.png

I HAVE THE GIFT OF FORESIGHT

No, really, it is the new team at Intelligent Systems that in this specific case was given the gift of predictability, once I saw the first few bosses in Color Splash I realized that we will have seen only a Koopaling per "chapter" and so I added this aspect of Paper Jam that was actually unique to that game. Fortunately, it was just this aspect that was really predictable, this game actually had its surprises...

Mcmadness said:
Oboro said:
Ninelevendo said:
Final Boss Images:
http://m.imgur.com/a/vslgD
All this did was confuse me. It seems you fight Roy and Bowser one after the other and then the paint falls off. Then Huey disappears and mentions about lying to someone....Mario? So is it Roy + Bowser as the final boss or Huey that no one wants to show? Or are the pictures out of order and the Huey stuff takes place before the castle. Also its 2016 and people are still using potatoes to take pictures.

I'm still hoping the final boss is Rainbow demon Huey, tbh.

You fight Roy, then a short level, then later Bowser then bigger Bowser though the real antagonist of the game is the black paint itself. Bowser has no idea what is going on.
rest in peace the dream

I guess nintendo realises that the Wii U is on it's last legs and is no longer trying to appeal to anyone with a brain.

The game looks a LOT better than Paper Mario: Sticker Star but I still prefer Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door by a lot. :)

Mari Ohara said:
a bunch of old white advertisers wrote something cringy and out of touch, what's new
It really seems that this time the marketing staff wanted something so memorable for all the wrong reasons that even the most indifferent people would have talked a lot about this game.

Maybe they succeded in the purpose.

Dang it, this game is inspiring me so many :bowjr: posts! And he even isn't in the game!

''Cast of memorable characters''????? (and then proceed to mention a bucket of paint smh)

Huh? That's a whole new level for false publicity

To be fair from what I've heard/seen Huey seems to be a rather nice and memorable character.

Yeah , just to dissapear in the next game. I don't buy that.

The game can be good and enjoyable , but as far as i know there are not several characters as unique as the casts of TTYD.

The ad itself is kinda cringy anyway.

Swiftie_Luma said:
''Cast of memorable characters''????? (and then proceed to mention a bucket of paint smh)

is it any less memorable than anthropomorphic squids

why does the design have to be the most important part of a character to be memorable

Well golly gosh, Nintendo actually bothered to make concept art something unlockable in-game for once? I mean, I'm impressed by that. If only other Mario games let you collect concept art as collectibles or something.

I always love and admire concept art. It's half of the future career field I want to be in, just drawing crap quickly that'll never see the light of the day. Pointless, but so much fun letting your creativity leak loose.

Color Splash is no exception to it. The concept art is bootiful. From the Toads dressed as Duplingghosts, to Huey's first designs, to all of the rest of the gold mine of stuff.

Who'll write the pre-release and unused concept page anyway? There's so much information to draw from...

We've seen unlockable concept art before in DKC Returns. And I agree that the Color Splash arts are bootiful.

If we have, then more Mario games need more concept art revealed. I for one would love to see more concept art for more games, like 3D World, Mario Kart, Mario Party, and any other game not mentioned.

I mean, seriously, maybe the devs don't think the bunch of quick rough sketches are masterpieces (not by a long shot anyway), but to me, it breathes life into development. How ideas evolve, how artistic and design processes go, how games get generated. Without concept art, games look like they just get conjured up from nothing.

Im positive concept art does indeed exists for everygame made , Nintendo just don't release it just as often for some reason. Instead they share they final renders and artworks.

For example , im curious if they actually had more ideas for Rosalina's sports outfit outside from just being similar to Peach or Daisy.

Nintendo hides concept art in non-public places like the Nintendo HQ... Or rarely shows them off exclusively in gaming magazines like Nintendo Power.

Nintendo needed something to fill Zelda's 25th anniversary book, Hyrule Historia which forced them to eventually release all the concept art for most Zelda games

This shouldn't need to be considered a spoiler, so I'm not putting spoiler tags on this:

Luigi talks.

So that makes the game 50% better already. Still bummed about the lack of original characters, but at least this is a step in the right direction.

Lookinga at all the concept arts, it's interesting to note that, as I suspected, the settings and inanimate objects that I recognize don't seem to have undergone the changes toward a style more similar to the one seen in Sticker Star like we have seen in the development of the characters. It seems that the designers mostly achieved what they wanted to do from the start (the Ludship concept art is pretty much identical to the one in the game). Decalburg (appearing in a concept art) was apparently even removed from the final game. And indeed the places are more varied and distinct from what we typically see in the NSMB games. Which is something I appreciate, as the settings were something I really liked in the first two games, and I'm glad of seeing another Paper Mario game with different in style, but still inspired and sometimes charming settings - at least in my opinion.

I hope that the characters will be the next step for the Sticker Star/Color Splash team, if it is really going to be the team that will develop the future Paper Mario games. New outfits for Toads, Yoshis actually appearing and many enemies NPCs, along with talking Luigi and Bowser, with the latter also not really being the villain, but rather a victim, are already a nice step forward in my opinion, although generic designs are still quite frequent.

EDIT: actually, I found an unused palace/temple in the sand that even has an artwork of its inside (you can see the blue torches both inside and outside). Well, that doesn't change my point anyway, although it's odd to see such a detailed location disappear. It seemed to be very similar to Kiwano Temple on the inside, especially when looking at the obstacles, so it possibly might have seemed redundant.

Back