Paper Mario: Color Splash

Mister Wu said:
Mcmadness said:
Because HD sequels have a tendency to be shorter than their SD counterparts due to the bigger expense brought on by the improved visuals.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that! Tabata already said that the main quest is going to be around 30 hours long, so they are not aiming at a particular lengthy game. Still, 7 chapters would be a chapter more than Sticker Star's 6 worlds.
it should be noted that on average ttyd took a player 30 hours to beat the main game so I might actually be that shorter

So Kamek is in the game. He'll randomly appear at the start of a battle and screw with your cards. If you win the battle you get a coin bonus.

Mcmadness said:
So Kamek is in the game. He'll randomly appear at the start of a battle and screw with your cards. If you win the battle you get a coin bonus.
Sorry, might I ask the source? I suspect there would be quite some interesting information there...

By the way, two curious things about the 3rd Italian Rescue V trailer (the Ludwig one):
  • There are no fart jokes (and I'm glad of that, already had enough of that in Super Paper Mario)
  • The actual title of the 4th trailer is "Colors and Gladiators", which means it is essentially what was shown in the various gameplay videos we have seen; I wonder if this is the reason why the new Rescue V trailer still is nowhere to be found

Bowser confirmed, but he looks different.

Spoilers

kind of weird how he's always facing forward
also now it makes even more sense for roy to be with bowser

Mari Ohara said:
kind of weird how he's always facing forward
also now it makes even more sense for roy to be with bowser
Most of the paper characters never faced forward in-game (the cutscenes are a different matter), I suspect the designer had trouble realizing proper forward-facing sprites for the characters in the first game and then this tradition continued (it was pretty evident in Paper Jam).

And now, yes, I definitely agree: Roy will be fought before Bowser, since he has the black wand and Bowser has the black paint.

I do wonder what new abilities this form gives him.

Well yes thats a PM staple but some new attacks would be nice.

Bowser is black. Black absorbs all colors. What if he has the able to have the most suck up the most colors.
No to show something similar: Neo Bowser Castle. Both have all 6 colors even if the colors don't seem that clear. It also has black. I think it would be a safe bet that the final area would be Neo Bowser Castle. This isn't far fetch. Paper Bowser saw Neo Bowser Castle in Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. He would have do something similar here. Except all black castle maybe.
By the way, what Nintendo said about the number is that it is a low amount of time (maybe even the lowest). It doesn't necessary mean that it will be short. There may even be shortcuts to those bosses. I only question I have is: Is it 7 chapters/worlds or 8?

Why does Mario always have to fight me ;_;

Ok in all seriousness, the concept of this game is too confusing for my liking, so I'm probably not going to be very interested. For now.

"I've been kidnapped by Bowser! And... he seems different somehow. I mean, besides all of the black paint, obviously."

Gosh, how could I miss this sentence the first time I saw the video?

Meanwhile, I finally discovered why the rating is different for this game:

When I put my first post, I didn't know about the new video from Nintendo (YouTube). Now since the video is out we have more info. It is a black castle. It is Bowser's Castle. Is it Neo Bowser Castle though? (Last one is unconfirmed.) Neo Bowser Castle floats in the sky. Bowser's Castle tends to stay grounded. From what I can tell, it is going to be way better than Paper Mario: Sticker Star. No questions asked.

Ok, now that I can post without double posting, here are three important videos:

Prologue

Overview

Trailer

Two things of the trailer stood out for me:
  • the Flip power from Super Paper Mario is back in a SMB3 level. I definitely didn't see that coming.
  • on Bowser's throne room there is a colorless Peach hanging on a painting. This is HIGHLY unusual!
Yoshi the SSM said:
When I put my first post, I didn't know about the new video from Nintendo (YouTube). Now since the video is out we have more info. It is a black castle. It is Bowser's Castle. Is it Neo Bowser Castle though? (Last one is unconfirmed.) Neo Bowser Castle floats in the sky. Bowser's Castle tends to stay grounded. From what I can tell, it is going to be way better than Paper Mario: Sticker Star. No questions asked.
We don't see much of the castle, only a room in which Banzai Bills are colored with the black paint and the throne room. I think we'll need another trailer or gameplay footage to know better.

Mister Wu said:
Ok, now that I cannot post without double posting, here are three important videos:

Prologue

Overview

Trailer

Two things of the trailer stood out for me:
  • the Flip power from Super Paper Mario is back in a SMB3 level. I definitely didn't see that coming.
  • on Bowser's throne room there is a colorless Peach hanging on a painting. This is HIGHLY unusual!
Yoshi the SSM said:
We don't see much of the castle, only a room in which Banzai Bills are colored with the black paint and the throne room. I think we'll need another trailer or gameplay footage to know better.

I couldn't agree more on the more footage/trailer part.

Great game.
8876d34dd35c48ad84565ab5a2791788.png

Also, BE CAREFUL MARIO!

I am disappointed about this. I find Tabata to be pretty ignorant. I loved seeing new characters such as Fawful, the Shroobs, Sir Grodus, Goombella and Goombario. It truly brings back memories in my opinion. Sticker Star not so much. At least Kersti somewhat resembles a Pixl but that hardly matters, levlling up was spectacular and the story is what lit up the game. I'm not lying when I say the battles are super easy. Many believe they're hard but if you use a thing sticker/card you can kill an enemy in 1-2 seconds making the battle too easy. All Nintendo does is they think everything is perfect up until now and they laugh off the idea of bringing back the old stuff. Miyamoto is dumb for thinking of the idea but Tabata is dumber for even declaring it the best idea ever. I hope you liked my thoughts on this subject.

Back