Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (Please put leaks and spoilers in spoil boxes!)

...i loved super training

hyper training doesn't even edit the actual ivs so you can't get 6iv dittos with them, it just sets an "equivalent to 31 in battle" flag so as not to fuck with hidden power and the like

i bought 80 rare candies off the pgl for nothing

kMAdco1.jpg

Mercy said:
hyper training doesn't even edit the actual ivs so you can't get 6iv dittos with them, it just sets an "equivalent to 31 in battle" flag so as not to fuck with hidden power and the like
afholdajfodjohgoaskhgoejogjff

welp congrats gamefreak you've literally just killed any chance of closing the difficulty gap for competitive without hacking this gen
good fucking job

This is exactly the reason why I spend 5-10 minutes hacking my already caught Pokémon to make them as good as possible, instead of over 12 hours to get 1 perfect egg.

Rohan Kishibe said:
ALSO ONE MORE THING
WHY THE FUCK DID GAMEFREAK REMOVE SUPER TRAINING
LIKE SURE IT WAS LONG AND TEDIOUS BUT AT LEAST YOU COULD SEE EVs AND RESET THEM

can they ever get anything right

Mercy said:

i bought 80 rare candies off the pgl for nothing

kMAdco1.jpg

life is fucking pain

goodbye easy to get evolutionary stones

goodbye 270 rare candies i bought on pgl

fuck game freak

you can buy the evolution stones
also
GRIMSLEY, ANABEL AND COLRESS ARE COMING BACK IN THE BATTLE TREE

this gen has to have some of the best pokemon designs that i've seen but what the fuck is up with this balancing dude

yes im the only person in this thread upset at this

giphy.gif

ZZzoR3w.png

rolling with moon version since lilligant's an exclusive to it

conveniently the entire team except for mimikyu is available on the first island so it gives me a lot of time to train them up

Oboro said:
This is hardly the first time you've cried in this thread

buying evolutionary stones is significantly easier than super training

poke pelago lets you mass train ev's now

hyper training exists, bottlecaps are infinite

Crackin355 said:
Oboro said:
This is hardly the first time you've cried in this thread
and it won't be the last :-*

Well, to further clarify so it won't look like I'm just shitposting, I'm going in as blind as possible aside from knowing all the Pokemon so I had no idea that they finally included a shop for evolutionary stones (is it all stones and evo items too or just your basic elemental ones) that wasn't exclusive to one version. I'm used to them introducing something then taking it away for the next game or gen (horde battles are gone and replaced by the Poke Pelago thing which I have no idea is as effective or not).

I knew that Hyper Training was too good to be true too, since it seems to be half-assed.

So I will admit that maybe it was a bit too reactionary of me and it was a product of ignorance.

I still want a source on the infinite bottle caps, though. Is it with BP?

I'll see if I can find what I read about the bottlecaps when I get home (I think it was in reddit), however the only example that I remember atm is that they can be found in trash cans lol. The gold ones are limited but regular bottlecaps do the same job, just one at a time. I imagine there are some cases where you don't need max in everything.

Though just like most info right now, we're reliant on trusting the words of strangers who downloaded the game and screenshots/videos.

Nibbs said:
I added a poll as it was Meta Knight's idea.
where is the 'gen 7 is a fad and will die soon, i don't care' option?

Oboro said:
To clarify why i'm most pissed: poke pelago, from what I've seen, doesn't show you the current EV spread of your pokemon, meaning allocating EVs has regressed to pre-Gen VI guesswork again. Furthermore, I'm not yet sure whether it's been confirmed we can reset EV's at pelago however, and if we can't then that's even worse.

Not to mention, you'll have to pray you get the EV stall in your pelago in the first place, and you can only do one stat of one mon per day (unless you have multiple EV stalls), as opposed to super training and horde fighting which was nonstop (horde battles have been cut as well, but at least I can understand that because the 3DS becomes a slideshow when more than 2 Pokemon are on the field)

I don't care about the item aspect of super training being killed because it was utter shit, but the EV training was actually pretty convenient and this is just another instance of gamefreak's notorious obsession with axing useful features to introduce more gimmicks

yay crackin wins we can go home now

isle evelup doing passive ev training is actually pretty great
this is far better than what i initially thought

My2WMzp.png

now you can sleep easy while your pokemon get buff

Crackin355 said:
while your pokemon get buff
50f.gif

Crackin355 said:
Crackin355 said:
I'll see if I can find what I read about the bottlecaps when I get home (I think it was in reddit)
it was literally the thread that had the info about hyper training lmao

here's a vp thread explaining pelago and the plaza in relation to ev's and iv's http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29864489

you decide if game freak is shitler
cool, thanks

they've been dropped to mussolini level

There are some discoveries with game mechanics:

• Abilities that convert Normal to another type (ex: Refrigerate) is now a 20% boost, as opposed to 30%. Normalise is also changed to boost Normal attacks by 20%, meaning that Delcatty gets 80% for every Normal attack. Yes, Delcatty's Speed increase is not the only improvement it has.
  • Water Bubble doubles Water attacks, in addition to reducing Fire attacks and ignoring Burn. This is big, because Araquanid has low offensive stats. Having Entrainment means that it can pass its perks to its partner.
  • Soul Dew functions like the Orbs for Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, boosting its STABs by an extra 20%, as opposed to boosting its Special stats. This makes the items less powerful, but it also provides a bigger reason to use their Mega evolutions. Latios might find some mileage with this item, since it's more offensively potent.
  • I don't remember if it's mentioned, but Gale Wings can only function at full HP, meaning that Talonflame can't use this ability after using Brave Bird once.
  • Weak Armour trades one stage of Defence with two stages of Speed when hit. This is a lot better because losing Defence is detrimental, so having a larger Speed is a suitable compensation.
  • Burn is 1/16 of max HP (as opposed to 1/8), and 1/32 for Heatproof users. This is a huge change since it cannot be stalled out as easily as it was, so this is a form of nerf for Scald users. It also gives us a reason to use the normal Poison status.
  • Mega Evolutions are determined by the Mega's Speed, rather than the base form's Speed, after mega evolving on the same turn. This means that Pokemon like Mega Absol and Mega Diancie can become faster than the others immediately after evolving, while Mega Heracross and Mega Garchomp experience Speed losses immediately. Mega Banette can take advantage of Prankster immediately, so Destiny Bond is a lot better as a move. Conversely, Mega Sableye can't quickly cripple an attacker with a burn while gaining its huge defences.

Thanks for reading.

ok i now have a dilemma
I love both araquanid and golisopod so much but ultimately chose golisopod because its cool and the rest of the internet collectively decided araquanid wasn't worth using (it still probably isn't with those stats, but that ability is fantastic) however with this revelation i have so many options for using both of them

I guess i will decide my water bug when i play the game

also for people concerned about not being able to breed regular form pokemon from alola forms, apparently giving the pokemon an everstone fixes that

fuckin neato

The reviews for the game are in, and here's the good news... they're very positive! Some critics actually think Sun and Moon are the best games in the series.

>tfw you just finished exams and the game has arrived early but you can't go pick it up from EB Games™ because you have a 5-hour shift tonight

CnJQw4xUcAADflP.jpg

Back