Pokémon Sun and Moon

What version of Gen 7 are you going to get?

• Sun

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Moon

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Both

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • There's going to be a gen 7?

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Re: Pokémon Sun and Moon (Please put leaks and spoilers in spoil boxes!)

>tfw best buy hasnt even shipped your damn copy of the game

gee, yeah best buy, im definitely expecting the "get it by november 17th" date to actually happen

CnJQw4xUcAADflP.jpg

I thought mine would be showing up a week after the 23rd, because I assumed Australia was getting the shaft and forgot pre-orders get sent out early.

So I'm pretty happy with the surprise. Even if it doesn't show up tomorrow or monday it's fine, I'm working all weekend anyway.

work over, time for game

Dark types are now completely immune to any move that is given priority by the ability Prankster (aside from terrain moves and the like)

iewhuwHROGOJDGHFJAODIHAJODHBIQK;bjlkblkhkblskghidaphjKBISBPDNAJALNP

game
fucking
freak

Rohan Kishibe said:
Dark types are now completely immune to any move that is given priority by the ability Prankster (aside from terrain moves and the like)

iewhuwHROGOJDGHFJAODIHAJODHBIQK;bjlkblkhkblskghidaphjKBISBPDNAJALNP

game
*bleep*ing
freak

Yes, no more priority Taunts against my Mandibuzz.

wow first half an hour or so is filled with cutscenes but its still pretty fantastic

I chose Rowlet obviously

its SO CUTE

wow tomorrow at around 2:45 pm est cant come soon enough

should be getting this after school tomorrow

hype

current team:

Robinhoot (Rowlet) Lv. 10
Shinkansen (Grubbin) Lv. 9
Slowpoke Lv. 7
Magneto (Magemite) Lv. 6

gonna make this run harder by keeping exp. share off and using set
not sure if i like everything being dark because of the 12 hour time shift however the night music is incredibly comfy in this game so it balances out i guess

"hey best buy finally sent the game to ship, let's see where it is"

"cant find tracking number, try again"

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

not like i can play it until tomorrow evening anyways but that tease about maybe arriving today was dumb

Rohan Kishibe said:
not sure if i like everything being dark because of the 12 hour time shift however the night music is incredibly comfy in this game so it balances out i guess
You know I bet you can offset this by making your 3ds time 12 hours different.

Of course maybe that's probably more realistic with the am/pm system.

Nibbs said:
Rohan Kishibe said:
You know I bet you can offset this by making your 3ds time 12 hours different.

Of course maybe that's probably more realistic with the am/pm system.
yeah apparently you can do that but i don't wanna because then that would screw up my animal crossing data as well as other things

just hit the customisation part of the game
purple shirts are great
hairstyles are mostly shit for dudes; as in X and Y the female MC has a lot more options for customisation it seems

desperately trying to find an alolan grimer because apparently i can do that as early as town 1 and alolan muk is cool

Yeah, I was thinking about setting my 3ds 12 hours behind too, but my Animal Crossing data would be affected and changing the 3ds clock back to normal after doing so would affect both AC and Sun/Moon.

Just have to live with it.

not that anyone cares but it seems encounter rates are now attached to certain patches of grass as opposed to entire routes/towns because i spent a good half-hour fumbling around in one patch of grass looking for a grimer to no avail and i've found nothing but grimers since switching to another patch of grass

minor gameplay spoiler i was suprised to find out so i'll put it behind a tag in case anyone else wants to learn this on their own

plus the dex confirms this with icons for encountering pokemon situated over certain patches of grass instead of entire routes. bonsly is one example of a pokemon which can't be found on the whole route 1 but instead its behind a patch of grass walled off with huge rocks.

neat

Oh yeah I don't have any other game besides Pokemon x/y that uses time so I can understand.
Rohan Kishibe said:
not that anyone cares but it seems encounter rates are now attached to certain patches of grass as opposed to entire routes/towns because i spent a good half-hour fumbling around in one patch of grass looking for a grimer to no avail and i've found nothing but grimers since switching to another patch of grass
I strangely like this. I hope it's documented well on Bulbapedia.

>salazzle

gee if i wasn't still obsessed with my husubando i'd consider a silvally theme to use the massive folder of silvally art i have for something
or golisopod if i could find enough art

anyway

i just wanted to point out that the ace trainer you can face on route 3 was actually a semi-decent fight, it revolves around him forcing you to switch out into stealth rock with red card and forcing you into choosing whether to take yawns from slowpoke or take damage from stealth rock. for an early-game team I just found this pretty great and wished gamefreak put more care into picking other npc's parties other than just 'this is my level 3 caterpie that my father raised along with me as a child'

shame that fights like this can be easily cheesed with any application of healing items however

it speaks volumes that such a gimmicky team can make me raise my eyebrows because its just so unlike gamefreak to get creative with random trainer fights aside from the shitty battle maison/tower/etc.

Meanwhile in Europe, have to wait 5 more days...

So what are your first impressions on the game? Is it good?

popplio defense squad is go

Zuko said:
So what are your first impressions on the game? Is it good?
it is certainly the most refreshing pokemon game i've played in a long time and the story far surpasses that of X&Y within the first few minutes, so I have high hopes that so long as the rest of the game maintains this level of quality I can easily name it as the best Pokemon game I've ever played

The one criticism I have is the amount of cutscenes and scripted events. way too many lol

Another thing to note is that the difficulty is ramped up a bit, at least it seems like it to me. I struggled to beat the first trial captain and totem Gumshoos.

Mari Ohara said:
Another thing to note is that the difficulty is ramped up a bit, at least it seems like it to me. I struggled to beat the first trial captain and totem Gumshoos.
Is the EXP Share still there? That's what made XY easy as hell, one of the things anyway.

yeah but you can turn it off

yeah it is, and even with it on it's pretty challenging
they may have changed how much exp it gives to other party members but idk

IIRC, they want back to the Gen V way of scaling EXP where the higher level you are, the less EXP you get. Kinda shitty since you actually have to be Level 100 to use on the major features of the game, but hopefully there's an Audino or Blissey/Chansey farm to ransack.

Back