If they were to make an HD remake of the original Paper Mario,what would you add

well the obvious upgrades from ttyd.

I'd like the side content to be upgraded too however, and maybe add some optional post game stuff like dungeons, and no not a pit of 100 trials, an actual dungeon that actually has challenge not "beat 100 floors of enemies" bullshit.

Maybe difficulty modes or just upgrades in difficulty in general, a reward for tatteling all the enemies, collecting all the shards or whatever they're called, and so on and so on.

Just too many things to name for me, i mean new badges, new attacks, new bosses, i mean the list for me is gigantic.

Now dont get the wrong idea here, i freaking ADORE paper mario, infact, i like it above all mario rpgs and its on my favorite games of all time list, but there are things that need to be changed, upgraded, and some stuff to be added to make a remake well done.

Add a new feature of equipping Mario with some classic power up suits that give him different strengths and weaknesses. LIke the Hammer Bros. suit makes him inflict more damage when he uses a hammer attack and gives him defense, but he can only attack every other turn. Or the Frog suit deals double damage for jump attacks but the hammer is disabled.

Mcmadness said:
I don't think everything needs action commands. I actually prefer certain ones not having action commands.

Yeah why the crap does Tattle need to be an arbitrary action command?

Baby Luigi said:

Tattle and the special moves. I much preferred them in the first game where you didn't need to do any mini game or whatever.

Not because it was difficult to do, it's just tedious and time consuming.

well to be fair the recovery star moves are still better then the ones in pm64 because of that minigame.

Dark ProtoMan said:
This mostly just sounds like "take features from TTYD and apply them to the original". Still, its not a bad idea.

Yeah, pretty much, hahaha. It's just that TTYD improved the game mechanics sooooo much it left the original way behind...

Dark ProtoMan said:
How about Action Commands for every move?

I mentioned Goombario's Tattle specifically because it's the only move that doesn't require an Action Command. I also forgot to mention that Kooper's and Bombette's moves should all use different Action Commands, because they all require pretty much the same one.

Baby Luigi said:

Because not having an Action Command for it was just boring (at least to me). Just pressing A to choose the move... Yeah, not challenging at all. It's not like Goombella's Tattle Action Command was hard in any way, but at least it gave you the chance to mess up. Stay alert and keep up with the game!

Now guys, I've seen that many people here agree with giving the partners their own HP Gauge. This would require giving them stats, so they can be classified as glass cannons, tanks or whatever. In TTYD, if you wanted to go for defense, putting Flurrie or Bobbery in front was the way to go because of how high their HP was. In this case, how do you think it would go?

Personally:

Goombario: 10 HP at normal, 20 HP at Super Rank, 30 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 4/5 - Defense stat: 3/5
Kooper: 15 HP at normal, 25 HP at Super Rank, 35 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 4/5 - Defense stat: 4/5
Bombette: 15 HP at normal, 25 HP at Super Rank, 35 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 5/5 - Defense stat: 3/5
Parakarry: 20 HP at normal, 25 HP at Super Rank, 35 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 3/5 - Defense stat: 5/5
Bow: 30 HP at normal, 35 HP at Super Rank, 40 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 3/5 - Defense stat: 4/5
Watt: 35 HP at normal, 40 HP at Super Rank, 45 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 3/5 - Defense stat: 5/5
Sushie: 20 HP at normal, 25 HP at Super Rank, 30 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 4/5 - Defense stat: 3/5
Lakilester: 25 HP at normal, 30 HP at Super Rank, 35 HP at Ultra Rank. Attack stat: 4/5 - Defense stat: 4/5

What do you guys think?

too bad the action command on something like tattle slowed down the game slightly and broke flow, and it didnt serve much purpose being there to begin with.

Dark ProtoMan said:
Anser said:
Dark ProtoMan said:
How about Action Commands for every move?

I mentioned Goombario's Tattle specifically because it's the only move that doesn't require an Action Command.

Bow's Outta Sight didn't have an action command either. Just pointing that out.

Oh, you're right! I forgot about that one. Thanks for the correction!

Anser said:
In TTYD, if you wanted to go for defense, putting Flurrie or Bobbery in front was the way to go because of how high their HP was. In this case, how do you think it would go?
Actually, I managed to defeat Bonetail even if I was pretty much defeated (pretty much no useful items, Star Energy almost depleted, Crazee Dayzees that made the audience sleep two times and then a Bulky Bob-Omb pretty much halving it, if not worse), because I had 4 Defense Plus P equipped and that Koops that gave me 5 defense point and that lovely Shell Shield...

I believe actual rewards should be given for defeating the Dojo opponents, just not sure what kind of rewards.

Items that refill an entire unit of star energy would also be nice.

Dark ProtoMan said:
I believe actual rewards should be given for defeating the Dojo opponents, just not sure what kind of rewards.

Items that refill an entire unit of star energy would also be nice.

honestly think badges would be better.

also hope the master is stronger too, damn he was weak.

I just want sound options in general. More Nintendo games aside from Smash need them.

Update the graphics for one and have the music score be redone with either better synths or redone with an orchestra.

The only thing I would really add is more stuff with Luigi. Maybe like the End of chapter Peach sections, they could also add some with Luigi getting lost trying to find and join Mario on his journey only to get scared off by a recently defeated boss or random enemy where he then goes home and writes in his journal.

Give Goomba King something to do outside of being your first level up disguised as a boss.

Also, the Koopa Bros. return in Bowser's Castle gave me the idea of having a boss rush.

Back