After-school/Extracurricular Activities

Hobbes

Tucayo
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
MarioWiki
Henry Tucayo Clay
Which after-school or extracurricular activities do you partake in? Or clubs/teams you belong to, not sure how they are called everywhere.

I'm in my university's Model UN team, it's something I quite enjoy.

none because the offered activities are ass since the chess club closed.

I go do other after-school things but nothing directly at my school outside of school stuff.

used to be a high-ranking member of our college's game club's inner circle; royalty, subsisting off a majority of the campus' student government budget because we gamed the system

I just finished my first day of guitar club, plus I have debate club and boy scouts

I am in a Eco-activists club called "Mean Green" where we do eco-friendly projects. I'm also in a state-sponsored club called Academic Pentathalon where we partake in projects to test our intelligence so we can prepare ourselves for the yearly districtwide competition. I'm also the highest ranking student in my Advanced Theater class.

Although i kinda regret being in Theater since most students don't take it seriously and get the whole class in trouble -_-

I play trombone in my school's wind ensemble in jazz band. Usually during school, but all our concerts are out of school.

I also am on our "academic team" (our team is pretty good but we try not to take things so seriously).

I played rugby for the last 2 years, but I decided to quit the team this year.

im in my university's english language/linguistics society and tea appreciation society (and a few others ive never been to lol)

also im hosting a show on the uni's radio starting next monday

also i have a starring role in one of the theatre society's plays and i attend events the comedy society puts on but i havent officially joined either of them lol

so yeah i do some stuff

Outside of band, not much. None during college.

There were no clubs or extra activities after school where I went. I just took the bus back home once school was finished. There was during school stuff but none of it was very interesting.

played volleyball back in autumn this year and last year, not doing it next year tho because i suck at serving
i signed up for a theatre camp session on Thursdays and Fridays that started a few weeks back (can't go tomorrow tho, Million Dollar Quartet is here)
and now im in honor choir (with 8 other people) for a concert (that i get to miss school for) on february 5th, though we just practice the songs for that during normal choir time in the day (and we have fun with it) (also alto parts are confusing in one of the songs)
i might be a manager for track or something in the spring, depends on my schedule

At school I did nothing really as it was mostly sports clubs of sports I was terrible at and where people who treated me like shit went.
At Uni my main society is the anime and sci-fi society which I am a big part of and I am also part of the cheese society and history society which I do less of but sometimes go to events and socials when something which seems interesting pops up.

Over the years, I've done chess club, science club, LEGO robotics club, biking club, dodgeball house league, swimming lessons (in the summer), synchronized swimming (in the school year), curling (lessons in middle school, on the curling team in high school), guitar lessons, choir and French film club.

Those were all spread out throughout grade school. I've never joined any clubs or societies through the university, although I am part of a non-school-related birding club now. Plus various volunteer things and hobbies.

You could still probably just show up and be like "yo I wanna play chess!" and they'd be like "ok", if it's anything like my high school's chess club: they were all about the drop-ins.

Maki Nishikino said:
There were no clubs or extra activities after school where I went.
Not even a sports team or an arts department?

I do Theater. I've done seven shows throughout high school so far and am currently working on the eighth. Also, Improv club.

Nope, the school didn't provide anything in the way of after-school activities or clubs. They did have stuff during school hours like choir and that kind of activity where you give up your lunch time to practice or w/e but very rarely was there anything for after school.

A good chunk of the students there were from out of town anyway so it wouldn't have been very fair on them to have consistent after school activities that they can't attend, the buses come to pick everybody up a few minutes after school was finished for the day.

I never did any activities related to school.

In 8th grade, I discovered the MarioWiki, and that's what got me through that year.

I spent all of my time helping out at the library. Eventually, I started teaching other students what to do, and over the years I started teaching the new librarians what to do.

In High School, I did Marching Band and Student Council for all 4 years. I was Band Librarian for the last two years, did Jazz band in 10th, Show Choir in 11th, National Honor Society for 12th, and that was it school-wise. I did this Henry Ford College Band during 10th grade, and then Civic Youth Ensembles my 11th and 12th grade.

At College, basically everything's a class for the most part (like Marching Band), but I do Basketball Band, which is a paid job, and I am a part of this music fraternity called Mu Phi Epsilon. Other than that, I don't do much.

Back