How to install Brawl- on hackless Wii?

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
I thought I had this down pat, but there's obviously a step I'm missing here.

I downloaded a folder called 4.0b Netplay Build, which itself contained only a folder called Dolphin with Minus and other Brawl- related things.

I put the file Dolphin With Minus and something within it called Gecko Launcher.elf on the root of my completely blank SD Card. I deleted all my custom stages, I loaded brawl and opened stage builder like everyone says to do, and nothing.

What am I missing? There has to be something I've done wrong, but I can't seem to find any missing step that I haven't fixed already.

I'm starting to think maybe I downloaded the wrong file, but there were no other files to download on the Brawl Minus website.

Did you delete the pre-loaded Brawl stages too? Like, the ones that come with your game? It should be completely blank.

Can we see what your SD card root looks like?

We'll take a look at your SD card root

I can't get a screenshot of it now, but there are two things on the root.

The folder Dolphin With Minus and the ELF file Minus Gecko Launcher.

Edit: and nothing else

Is your SD card 2GB?

Is boot.elf at the root of your SD card.

The SD is 2GB.

I can't find any file called boot.elf, only Minus Gecko Launcher.elf.

I've inspected the Netplay Build, the one with Dolphin with Minus folder. That's actually the Dolphin emulator that is built to work with Brawl Minus. That won't help you hack your Wii in the slightest, so I suggest you get rid of that folder in your SD card. I guess that means you could play Dolphin on PC if you have a Brawl ISO in there or something....if your PC can run it in the first place.

Try this download link instead

https://mega.nz/#!bkkSRbaI!cULsR5Ed7EJiV25DImMAuvXHzQWzjOaM-Joa-oayCxk

horses tbh said:
sorry but i have a question myself

why 2GB?

like i know that exists but why exactly that?

The Wii didn't originally support SDHC cards before it got patched, and as such, Gecko and other programs can read only nonHC SD cards. Riivolution is the only application that has SDHC support IIRC, and even so, Project M and other things will have compatibility issues and glitches if you attempt to run Project M on an SDHC card. Plus, when you run Smash Bros. with an SDHC card via Riivolution, the card doesn't even show up at all when you take pictures or replays, meaning you have to save replays and pictures into the console and then move them to the SD card when you have vanilla Brawl running.

All I'm saying is that I think something got left behind when the Wii was updated to support SDHC cards.

okay so sd cards without hc didnt have a maximum file size of more than 2GB?

im using the 2GB sd card from my 3ds for the homebrew channel so that one seems to be fine

That is correct. Any more than 2GB and that's considered an SDHC

I always use the free 2 GB SD card from my 3DS to play Project M, ever since I learned that using an SDHC may be the reason that the movesets from Project M don't work properly. So I speak from experience. Though 2GB is a freaking measly limit. Half of it is used up, and the other half is where I'd like to stuff music files into. A lot of sacrifices had to be made.

I was able to get on Wi-Fi, but it was so shoddy and painfully slow I couldn't load it up.

Man, fuck not having internet. Fuck it to death.

Get a boot.elf in here

http://bootmii.org/download

It's still not working. I have the folder you gave me the link to, the boot.elf file, stage builder open, and nothing.

Please don't tell me the card needs to be empty or something. My dad won't let me use the empty sd cards he needs for his camera.

Show me the structure of it.

Are you sure you don't need to reformat it?

I don't know what structure is, but I was using my 3ds sd card since I remembered you said you use your 3ds card. But I needed to delete a folder's worth of pictures to make space for Brawl-.

I fucked up my 3ds' sd card didn't I?

(I apologize for not supplying pictures right now, but I can't get on internet with my computer unless I'm somewhere where there's Wi-Fi).

No, it may be in an incompatible format, like, nonFAT32 or something.

Back