Rank Generations from Pokemon.

In terms of the Pokemon...

1) I enjoyed Generation 5 the most. It helps that there was a pretty long period between Generation 4 and Generation 5, which made the anticipation greater. To add to the anticipation, new Pokemon weren't introduced way before the games were released (examples of such cases include Togepi, Marill, Blaziken, Munchlax). The amount of Pokemon introduced in Generation 5 is also a huge plus. It felt like a fresh new adventure, and I am sure I will enjoy it even more if I didn't know what the Pokemon are beforehand. It's a minor opinion, but seeing the Pokemon animated in battle on a Pokemon Sunday episode was a mindblowing moment. It's too bad that it's a little short of a Generation, since not all Hidden Abilities were not introduced for every Pokemon.

2) Generation 6's new Fairy-type felt fresh, because it's a new type after more than 10 years. Although it's good that select older Pokemon got a Fairy-type, I felt that it wasn't enough since we still have few Fairy-types. The other exciting aspect of Generation 6 is the Mega Evolution, and knowing which Pokemon got this treatment is exciting. Although only a few Pokemon I liked got them, it's still exciting to see which other Pokemon will get this treatment.

3) Generation 3's new Pokemon roster made Hoenn felt different from the previous adventures, which made them felt strange at first glance. It helped that I did not know any new Pokemon, so the adventure felt fresh. Unfortunately, you don't encounter every Pokemon in the adventure, so I did not know about certain Pokemon until years later. Notables include Relicanth and the Regi trio.

4) Generation 4 felt like a strange Generation for me. That is mainly due to the amount of post-Generation evolutions introduced that it felt like just a partially new Generation. It went overboard with new evolution methods, which made getting the new evolutions a little complicated.

5) Generation 1 is something I am neutral about, and I can't really fault anything about it since it's when everything was first established. It's my personal feeling, but seeing Generation 1 Pokemon being used made me feel old.

6) Although Generation 2 introduced its fair share of Pokemon, it doesn't really feel like that they made an impression to me. I guess it's because the main adventure in Johto is very light on the new Pokemon until pretty late in the game, along with how few new Pokemon the Gym Leaders used.

Thanks for reading.

hmmm

it's really tough to call, because there's no generations i actually dislike, but i like some more than others

i guess it'd have to be...

6 > 2 > 3 > 5 > 4 > 1

including the remakes in 3, 4, and 6 - which is why Gen 1 fell to the bottom, Kanto for me is FRLG because it has so many improvements. the johto remakes never grabbed me the way the kanto and hoenn ones did, though

I. 6
II. 3
III. 2
IV. 5
V. 4
VI. 1

I just think all of the generations are overall better than the first one. So many improvements! But 6 has my favorite games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Selena said:
Gen IV > Gen V > Gen III > Gen I > Gen II > Gen VI

I'd better give reasons too. I also swapped Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Generation IV- The Sinnoh region itself is gorgeous. There are so many places to go, and there's a huge variety of different locations, from snowy peaks to mystical lakes. I like a lot of the Pokemon introduced in Gen IV too, like Gallade, Glaceon, Staraptor and Shinx. HeartGold and SoulSilver are also great remakes, and probably my favourite Pokemon games overall. They added a lot to the original game, and I think they were remastered perfectly. I also have a lot of nostalgia for this gen, because Diamond was my first Pokemon game, and I absolutely loved it.

Generation V- This generation is really underrated in my opinion. A lot of people like to trash it by making fun of some of the new Pokemon, like Garbodor and Vanillite, and how "they're running out of ideas" but Pokemon has always had stupid Pokemon designs. Even generation 1 had shit like Electrode, Muk and Exeggcute, and that's also completely ignoring the fact that Generation V has some amazing designs like Krookodile, Chandelure, Serperior and Braviary. The music is also very well done, with great boss battle themes (like Colress, N, Elite Four, and Iris). The story was great too, with a lot of emotional moments, especially for Pokemon standard. Team Plasma was a very interesting villainous team and I was sad that they went back to the standard Team Rocket style villains for Team Flare. Black/White 2 had a lot of postgame content too, making it my most played Pokemon game, by far. I hope they bring back the World Tournament some time. A complaint I have is the region itself. Unova was a bit bland, and was way too linear, and wasn't as exploreable as other games.

Gen III- I like Gen III. The region itself is okay, but what IGN said is true, there is a too much water for my liking. Constantly battling wild Tentacools and Wingulls is tedious after a while. Having a more island like feel was nice though, it was different than most regions. The music was good, I liked the trumpets. The new Pokemon in this Gen were mostly good, especially Absol and Milotic. The Battle Frontier from Emerald is neat, a shame they removed it from ORAS. FireRed/LeafGreen were decent, but I really wish they added more new content, other than the Seven Islands which are completed very quickly.

Gen I- Okay, the main game is extremely outdated, and overrated, but the main thing I love about this game are the glitches. They are extremely fun to play around with. From battling trainers with Missingno, to duplicating rare candies and master balls by the shores of Cinnabar Island, to finally catching Mew, to turning your Pokemon into hybrids of each other with Q, glitches give this game endless possibilities. In fact, my username (Glitchy) was mostly based off the glitches of this game.

Gen II- Not much to say, really. I'd rather just play HGSS.

Gen VI- My opinion on this generation is VERY biased, but I really hated this generation. X and Y were very bad in my opinion, they were way too easy and didn't feel very fun at all. A lot of the new mechanics were really meh, such as Pokemon-Amie, Rhyhorn Riding, Roller Skating. I feel the Mega Evolution mechanic was very poorly executed. They didn't really use it enough to buff weaker Pokemon, only to make overpowered Pokemon even stronger (I'm looking at you Salamence, Lucario, and FUCKING RAYQUAZA). The Kalos region itself was pretty boring, I liked a lot of the new Pokemon, especially Greninja, Heliolisk, Fennekin, Braixen, and Sylveon), but the French theme was annoying after a while (does every character have to have a stereotypical French accent?). A lot of the characters seemed like huge assholes, and asking for a tip every time is very annoying. The plot was also bad, especially after Black/White. Lysandre was terrible, his whole "I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD TO CLEAN OUT THE FILTH" is cliche and overused, and I felt N was a lot more of an interesting and compelling villain.

6. Generation 6
5. Generation 1
4. Generation 3
3. Generation 2
2. Generation 5
1. Generation 4

not ranking gen 6 because i know just about nothing about it

II > IV > V > I > III

i like all of them tbh

The Golden Yoshi said:
Name's self explanatory.

1. Gen 6
2. Gen 3
3. Gen 4
4. Gen 2
5. Gen 5
6. Gen 1

Okay, I need to explain myself. First of all, I've replayed the games and my opinion has changed.

1. Gen 4
2. Gen 6
3. Gen 3
4. Gen 2
5. Gen 5
6. Gen 1

Generation 4 is now my favourite, because of the diversity and the Pokémon itself, like Empoleon, Garchomp and Lucario, which are 3 of my favourite Pokémon of all time.

The only difference in Generation 6 and 3 are that they went lower on the list, because of Generation 4's rise. Generation 2 and 5 were close, but I personally think that the Pokémon in Gen 5 aren't really memorable as the ones in Gen 2.

Generation 1 as a whole hasn't aged too well, despite me currently playing Pokémon Blue. But the remakes count to Generation 3, so I enjoy Kanto as a whole.

Took me 2 months to explain myself.

Back