Why did the website just un-log me out?

Natalie J.

I have no mouth, but I must traffic.
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
idk if anyone else has had this happen, but I was just kicked off the website and had to log in again. Anyone know why?

Just to clarify, this website?

so it the "always stay logged in" isn't actually permanent?

nope
thats 25 days although its very possible that its a bigger number and the rest is not being displayed.

Eri Ayase said:
nope
thats 25 days although its very possible that its a bigger number and the rest is not being displayed.

I might have to log out and log in with a wrong password to see that

it is 3153600 minutes but I believe it's somewhere around 4 months

that's when I last logged in on this computer

Logging in forever does indeed mean forever timewise (or sometime in 20 years idk can't check rn), but if you log in about 5 times in another browser (same or other device, doesn't matter) you get logged out automatically on the zeroth browser of those five.

This is because the server stores every time you log in for authorization purposes. Because the database can't store every logon ever for obvious reasons, older ones get removed as new ones get added.

this also happens when my twin logs out in the other computer where i'm also logged in in order to log in

i hate that when that happens lol

I think it has to do with the "Minutes to stay logged in" thing on the log in page.

Lakituthequick said:
Logging in forever does indeed mean forever timewise (or sometime in 20 years idk can't check rn), but if you log in about 5 times in another browser (same or other device, doesn't matter) you get logged out automatically on the zeroth browser of those five.

This is because the server stores every time you log in for authorization purposes. Because the database can't store every logon ever for obvious reasons, older ones get removed as new ones get added.

I'm logged in on three devices, my laptop, phone and wii u.

so I found out last night my phone was also logged out

I'll try my Wii U today

This has happened to me a few times, when i clear my cache and cookies as well, idk why?

Back