so the Super Mario Wiki is banned in China

Unrelatedly, I remember MarioWiki was firewalled in my middle school. That wasn't cool.

lol I remember the wiki being blocked in my school before, when I was obsessed with it I actually convinced them to unblock it.

Raigh said:
lol I remember the wiki being blocked in my school before, when I was obsessed with it I actually convinced them to unblock it.
Did you told them you have an account there? I think schools firewall this site so students don't wander off looking for facts about the Mario games.

Raigh said:
Considering the advent of smartphones and easy-to-access Internet, I wonder how much school blacklists will actually impact people. Unless they're mooching off of the wi-fi.

All of the students got iPads. The thing is, we weren't given much freedom at all. The firewall machine blocks ANYTHING gaming related.

They also removed the App Store. We were obsessed with that game where Obama hits Romney with a Popsicle.

The Imprisoned said:
Raigh said:
Did you told them you have an account there? I think schools firewall this site so students don't wander off looking for facts about the Mario games.
If not, how did you convince them to unblock it? By saying it was a good information resource or something, in case people have projects on videogames for technology, art or cultural classes, or whatever? That's what I would've done had my school ever block the site...

I think I said it was a useful source for information on Mario games, especially when one of my projects was on the Mario series.

Time Turner said:
Raigh said:
Considering the advent of smartphones and easy-to-access Internet, I wonder how much school blacklists will actually impact people. Unless they're mooching off of the wi-fi.
My school was a complete deadzone. And I think that was on purpose, so there's that.

Back