Twilight Princess HD

3 years is, like, 3/4 of a development cycle of a big game.

Well, a generational gap is something that depends on if a game should be remade. Wind
Waker, my favorite game, was re-released 10 years later as that's solely for the GCN. Twilight Princess, was ported to the Wii. Which kind of makes it a bit too early for a remake of TP with the Wii being 7th gen and the Wii U 8th gen and the GameCube being 6th gen.

freakworld said:
Fargothix said:
far more new indeed.

youre not factoring in how wind waker's remake was released when that game was 10 years old as well.

indeed, but your issue is why people are fine with wind wakers remake and tp's so called remake is the fact that no one really wanted a tp remake

people wanted a wind waker remake

people also arent fine with it because it really doesnt look decent in the slightest, the original game was pretty bland in terms of visuals and judging from the trailer its not really improved in the slightest, like i said in skype it just seems like more of an upscale than an actual remake, and thats where the problem is.

Aside from the fact that tp is meh

Is it a problem that I can't even tell which one is the Wii U remake and which one is the original? I saw it on direct, and I thought they're going to show the original game and then show the HD game, but they didn't do it, and I left really confused.

freakworld said:
Fargothix said:
people wanted a wind waker remake

i really dont get this

that game looks absolutely the same to me, whether its in hd or not

idk never played, i think most remakes are pretty lackluster to begin with.

But regardless, people wanted wind waker, not so much tp so

The only reason I'd get a remake is if I can't get it on the original system (and back then, I didn't have a debit/credit so online transactions are out of question) or if it has a good amount of added content, like in Super Mario 64 DS.

wind waker was better for a few reason:

-a lot older
-no longer sold
-had flaws to fix (notice that when TPHD was announced, nintendo didn't mention any changes to the gameplay, just that the visuals were updated)
-actually got a visual overhaul
-was earlier on in the "let's remake or reboot every zelda game ever invented" cycle

Michael Myers said:
well okay they overhauled it but it still looks awful anyway so oh well

if you're going to remake a game in HD, you want it to be able to hold up more than just one year after it comes out

It looks nice and much less ugly than the original game but I was hoping for it to be closer to that Zelda Wii U e3 demo back in 2011.

God, this thread is just like "let's shit on Twilight Princess".

I get that it's just to buy time for the next Zelda game, but it's also to have another Zelda game for the 30th Anniversary, and I doubt we want to see OoT be rehashed for like the 7th time. Besides, it's the 10th anniversary of Twilight Princess as well (even though it'll only be 9 1/2 years), so it's not that strange. Not to mention it's the second best selling Zelda game to date, and one of the most critically acclaimed Zelda games, so it was bound to happen eventually.

No one bats an eye when Wind Waker HD is remade (which was only 10 years old), but throws a rant because Twilight Princess - who needed visual updates more than Wind Waker due to how bad the graphics aged for TP.

We don't even know what the changes are, and they even announced that there were going to be a few gameplay differences on the game, so it's not like all they are doing is transitioning it from SD to HD. There's Amiibo functionality, so we'll see how they change that. For all we know, they might speed up the intro stuff or help make the Wolf Link portions in the beginning more smoother.

Lapis Lazuli said:
No one bats an eye when Wind Waker HD is remade (which was only 10 years old), but throws a rant because Twilight Princess - who needed visual updates more than Wind Waker due to how bad the graphics aged for TP.

We don't even know what the changes are, and they even announced that there were going to be a few gameplay differences on the game, so it's not like all they are doing is transitioning it from SD to HD. There's Amiibo functionality, so we'll see how they change that. For all we know, they might speed up the intro stuff or help make the Wolf Link portions in the beginning more smoother.

giphy.gif

wind waker hd was a really ugly, inept attempt at graphically overhauling a game that looked fine the way it was

tbh this one is much less grating. at least here they dont seem to be tossing in every random ass basic shader they can find, without consideration for aesthetics or context, and calling that an update

its still unnecessary though. if they really want to celebrate the anniversary of tp, they should make a sequel about midna since she was in all reality the only worthwhile thing about the game. this is just a cash-in

They should remake TP with Wind Waker's art style.

The fan reaction would be hilarious.

Dr. Alphys said:

The fans will go like "What the fuck is with the Wind Waker graphics in Twilight Princess?!"

Dr. Alphys said:

They'd have to do the vice versa too (More realistic Wind Waker). Just to muddle things even further.

Back