Twilight Princess HD

Well to be fair, all the good old Zelda titles have already been remade. except four swords adventures

Plus, they needed something to hold people over for Star Fox and Zelda. I would have preferred a Sunshine remake, but whatever.

Viper26 said:
Kinda early for a remake, knowing that it also came out for the Wii.
It came out 9 years ago.

Super Mario 64 was 8 years old when it was remade.

Magikrazy said:
It came out 9 years ago.

well more like 10 because it releases in 2016 (even though its actual release was november 2006, i know)

Magikrazy said:
It came out 9 years ago.

Well that's becsuse of a generational gap. When the remake was released in 2004, the Nintendo 64 was discontinued everywhere, and it was unlikely you could find an N64 game in major stores. Also the game was popular.

If Twilight Princess was only for the GameCube, then the HD remake is a good idea. The Wii is discontinued everywhere except North America. They do sell Nintendo Selects of this game, but it's more than likely it's a used copy. Which make it possible to play the original game on the Wii U.

same story as xenoblade chronicles 3d tbh

they made that AND THEN WENT ON TO RELEASE THE GAME ON WII U WII VC

Not in the US but that has to be one of the dumbest marketing ideas i've ever seen.

Magikrazy said:
It came out 9 years ago.

It probably seems only a short time compared to Super Mario 64 because Mario gets a lot more games than The Legend of Zelda, and the graphical leap from Nintendo 64 to Gamecube.

in other news it was a worthless up scale of an ugly game with little interest.

Meh, personally tp is just so ungodly dull and boring compared to so many other zelda gems like wind waker or lttp.

Even when i get a wii u i wont be bothering with this crap.

Meta Ridley said:
what's next they're going to remake skyward sword?
I'd wait until 2024 for that. WAAAYYY too early for Skyward Sword remake.

Fargothix said:
in other news it was a worthless up scale of an ugly game with little interest.

Meh, personally tp is just so ungodly dull and boring compared to so many other zelda gems like wind waker or lttp.

Even when i get a wii u i wont be bothering with this crap.
That because TP tries too hard at being a very dark toned game. Majora's Mask does better job with the moon imo.

theres a lot more wrong with tp with just being dark toned.

Meta Ridley said:
what's next they're going to remake skyward sword?

Considering how heavily reliant that game is with motion controls, that seems quite doubtful. Twilight Princess HD is basically a remake of the GCN version; "without" the motion-sensing controls that made the Wii version feel distasteful to me.

i think it's stupid that they're remaking this in general but god it doesn't even look good. the whole thing looks like they just upscaled it to 1080p without actually redoing any of the textures or models

freakworld said:
why is it fine when wind waker is doing that but not here?????
Because TP was also released for the Wii. Major stores that sell video games are likely to have a used copy of the original game for the Wii. Wind Waker is only for GCN, which means the stores will have the Hd version. Unless if it is a local game trade store that allows older games.

the gamestop around here just recently had a copy of wind waker for the gamecube again

besides that, it's the gamecube version that's getting remade here as well.

freakworld said:
the gamestop around here just recently had a copy of wind waker for the gamecube again

besides that, it's the gamecube version that's getting remade here as well.
That's surprising they still have GCN games long after it was discontinued.

occassionally, yes.

i mean they had a ps1 game a while ago, and sometimes they still have gba games (in the glass thing in which they also show used ds, psp and ipads for sale)

freakworld said:
occassionally, yes.

i mean they had a ps1 game a while ago, and sometimes they still have gba games (in the glass thing in which they also show used ds, psp and ipads for sale)
German GameStops seem much better than the American GameStops if they sell the old games.

freakworld said:

because tp is far more new

and a piece of shit to boot

freakworld said:
Ha ha, you hate Wind Waker.

Back