The Official News Thread

Natalie J.

I have no mouth, but I must traffic.
Poll Committee
Pronouns
She/her
Talk about current events, local or international.

They said on the news that there was a bomb plot at two stadiums in Germany that the police thwarted.

It would be nice if you provided a link to all of this so we can get the information and its details directly.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/pickering-high-school-stabbing-1.3459770

only 25 minutes from me

omp I could talk about news all day.

The UK wanting to leave the EU: I do get where the people of the UK are coming from but leaving would deal a serious blow to their international trade and their exporting industries. If they do stay they would need to renegotiate so their taxes don't end up paying for stuff they don't even use or need, but I think it would be best to stay.

Ceasefire in Syria: In theory, this is good news, but in practice, ceasefires never last more than a few months. It's a good sign that the US and Russia are both negotiating now, so the conflict could have its end in sight, but that definitely won't be Al Assad resigning.

US Primary Elections: Well, I keep my hopes in that Rubio or Cruz will win the Republican Primary but things are looking tougher and tougher.

Hobbes said:
The UK wanting to leave the EU: I do get where the people of the UK are coming from but leaving would deal a serious blow to their international trade and their exporting industries. If they do stay they would need to renegotiate so their taxes don't end up paying for stuff they don't even use or need, but I think it would be best to stay.
Whilst I'm not a fan of us not having full control over our laws because of the EU, I think economically and security-wise it'd be better for us to stay in the EU. And I don't think the deal that David Cameron got for us is that bad, from what I've heard about it.

The issue with the EU is that it's kind of haphazardly thrown together without a care in the world for the many differences that prevail throughout the continent. Fixing those issues should be a number one priority instead of discussing whether a member should leave the union.

It has expanded way too fast and covered too many subjects it shouldn't have. In my opinion, it should scale back to a customs union.

Back