What is your Definintion of The Meaning of Life?

Pronouns
She/Her
I say my definition of the meaning of life is to enjoy it in every way you can, have fun in ever possible or pheaseable way. Laugh on what you find funny and being as kind as you can be.

to be honest im not entirely sure

i guess standing up for my beliefs and improving myself

Emmett Brown said:

He stole my original answer, but my new answer isssss...!

undertale

The meaning of life is to reproduce, but in modern society, we're a little more focused on nurturing and mentoring the future generations since not all of us can or want to reproduce.

To go through the thick and thin to find and fulfill your purpose as a human being.

Scientifically speaking, life is a bit pointless. Life as we know it occupies an extremely short period of time within our Solar System's lifespan; most of the time that our Earth is spent is uninhabitable, even far less to have intelligent life on it, and it will start again to be uninhabitable once the sun brightens up and scorches away everything on our planet, far before it turns into a red giant that causes it to engulf our planet. We also happen to be the only planet in our solar system with complex lifeforms and a diverse biosphere.

However, it's very fascinating to understand how life began from basically organic chemistry, and how they evolve to a huge variety of lifeforms, from birds to sponges, to intelligent life capable of creating and altering their own environment (humans, which are probably the best example of evolution thanks to their intelligence). We're pretty unique in this regard, as the majority of the universe is uninhabitable at this point of time (though our current detection of exosolar planets heavily favor gas giants because of their size).

So my opinion of life? It's like video games. It's pretty much pointless entertainment, but also a very fun and worthwhile ride to go through. Except you know, more complex and stuff.

Life
Noun
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

----

In the philosophical sense, I guess fulfilling your state(s) of life (because maybe we get reborn and revisit this state again and again) by doing things you enjoy and sharing your experiences / knowledge with people you care about. Not sharing in the egotistical Facebook way, but in a way which makes your loved ones feel the joy and fulfilment you feel (and vise-versa). Also teaching everything you know to the next generation so that they can make new mistakes and make this whole society thing better place for us all, which they can do for the generation after, etc.

Baby Luigi said:
Scientifically speaking, life is a bit pointless. Life as we know it occupies an extremely short period of time within our Solar System's lifespan; most of the time that our Earth is spent is uninhabitable, even far less to have intelligent life on it, and it will start again to be uninhabitable once the sun brightens up and scorches away everything on our planet, far before it turns into a red giant that causes it to engulf our planet. We also happen to be the only planet in our solar system with complex lifeforms and a diverse biosphere.

However, it's very fascinating to understand how life began from basically organic chemistry, and how they evolve to a huge variety of lifeforms, from birds to sponges, to intelligent life capable of creating and altering their own environment (humans, which are probably the best example of evolution thanks to their intelligence). We're pretty unique in this regard, as the majority of the universe is uninhabitable at this point of time (though our current detection of exosolar planets heavily favor gas giants because of their size).

So my opinion of life? It's like video games. It's pretty much pointless entertainment, but also a very fun and worthwhile ride to go through. Except you know, more complex and stuff.

Maybe we're all little cogs/bits of data in a giant system that's designed to one day avoid the sun engulfing us all. Then after that, who knows, maybe credits will role with absolutely every living thing in this uni(multi?)verse and then whatever weird void we exist in can move onto whatever the next system is.

Video Games.

Honest answer: Going through school. One day, we will find chemicals that will save us from our fate of dieing because of the sun expanding or moving toward us.

Guys, modern humans haven't even existed for even a million years. The sun scorching our planet dry will happen a few billion years from now. The human race shouldn't even worry about it. Global Warming is a more immediate issue.

Though humans worrying about this unfathomable event does give an insight to human psychology.

Female Soldier said:
One day, we will find chemicals that will save us from our fate of dieing because of the sun expanding or moving toward us.

Or we can move to other planets/moons and terraform them, like, say, Titan, since that's a far more likely scenario than whatever you're proposing.

Baby Luigi said:
Guys, modern humans haven't even existed for even a million years. The sun scorching our planet dry will happen a few billion years from now. The human race shouldn't even worry about it. Global Warming is a more immediate issue.

Though humans worrying about this unfathomable event does give an insight to human psychology.

Female Soldier said:
One day, we will find chemicals that will save us from our fate of dieing because of the sun expanding or moving toward us.

Or we can move to other planets/moons and terraform them, like, say, Titan, since that's a far more likely scenario than whatever you're proposing.

Nasa's doing this for us.

The Meaning of Life is a 1983 British musical sketch comedy film written and performed by the Monty Python troupe, directed by one of its members, Terry Jones, and was the last film to feature all six Python members before Graham Chapman's death in 1989. Unlike Holy Grail and Life of Brian, the film's two predecessors, which each told a single, more-or-less coherent story, The Meaning of Life returns to the sketch comedy format of the troupe's original television series and their first film from twelve years earlier, And Now for Something Completely Different, loosely structured as a series of comic sketches about the various stages of life.

Baby Luigi said:

Female Soldier said:

Scientists are trying to use "Gravity Assist" to move the earth just in case if the sun expands (But we may abandon earth by then)

To love people and treat others how they deserve to be treated. As a Christian I guess I have a secondary responsibility to act as a traveling Jesus salesman, too.

Personally I think "life is meaningless" is absolute bullshit considering we have the opportunity to decide what lasting impression our life has.

Magikrazy said:
The Meaning of Life is a 1983 British musical sketch comedy film written and performed by the Monty Python troupe, directed by one of its members, Terry Jones, and was the last film to feature all six Python members before Graham Chapman's death in 1989. Unlike Holy Grail and Life of Brian, the film's two predecessors, which each told a single, more-or-less coherent story, The Meaning of Life returns to the sketch comedy format of the troupe's original television series and their first film from twelve years earlier, And Now for Something Completely Different, loosely structured as a series of comic sketches about the various stages of life.
+1

Emmett Brown said:
Magikrazy said:
Those are my top 2 answers.

The overall purpose of life is to act as the vessel for the DNA to exist forever via survival and reproduction, like a protein case of a virus, but more sophisticated (and we're smart enough to do stuff other than keep living as long as we can and make babies, and can even opt out of the second half if we so choose). Aside from that, there is no real "meaning" as far as I'm concerned.

Walkazo said:
Emmett Brown said:
Magikrazy said:
Those are my top 2 answers.

The overall purpose of life is to act as the vessel for the DNA to exist forever via survival and reproduction, like a protein case of a virus, but more sophisticated (and we're smart enough to do stuff other than keep living as long as we can and make babies, and can even opt out of the second half if we so choose). Aside from that, there is no real "meaning" as far as I'm concerned.
That's true, and we can still make a positive impact in the human species if we choose not to reproduce (like me).

Back