Love Live! School Idol Festival ID share and discussion

Stargazing said:
NEX: don't give up hope
To be fair, I never really had hope to begin with because, as I've mentioned, I use a PC to play this. Even if I did somehow manage to have godlike skill with the keyboard, the amount my laptop lags would fuck me over a lot (it already does this sometimes, too). That's one of the reasons I'm saving up for an iPod Touch or something after getting FE14 and some other things out of the way.

Stargazing said:
you can get used ones at gamestop i think
noted

anyways, as of now i'm mid-rank 17, meaning i'm close to the next story chapter. i'd say i've made quite a bit of progress in my first month of sif (which isn't even over yet). i am a bit disappointed i missed one of the days because my laptop charger was being a shit, but it's one day so i'll let it slide, even though the reward for the last day was a love gem (grumble grumble).

if there are some things i've learned about idol hell it's these:

- as would be expected, playing on a device meant to play sif is most likely a lot better than using a pc for it. basically i'd recommend not starting out sif using bluestacks, though if you really want to, go for it like i did.

- don't shun your n's. this is something i didn't really notice until recently, but even once your main teams evolve past using n's giving them attention is far from a bad idea. particularly because their side stories still give a love gem and easy g, but leveling them will also help later once you feed them to another card.

- don't doubt rng too much. seriously i still can't get over the fact i got a ur in my first week.

-- don't expect too much out of it though because that almost never works out.

- don't push yourself too hard, it'll probably bite you in the ass later.

a good thing to do with all your n's that haven't been idolized before is to put them under favourites. if you get another copy you can practice them right away without desperately trying to find another

not to mention you have to max level the idolized cards too which i'm not even going to bother doing

also, just favourite your rares, super rares, and ultra rares by pressing and holding them (or clicking on them with a mouse) and hitting "add to favourites"
you won't regret it

guys dont be me and play this when you are sick, it is literally hell
especially if it's during an event
especially if you decide to tier
especially if its on jp
why am i even still playing ;-;

Today I started JP. My experience with it has been pretty much the same as EN, with added confusion in the menus.

My Cool team is broken, while my Pure team is crying, but this time it's all in the Ns. My first pull with Loveca was a Pure R, which makes me kind of pissy given how it took weeks for me to get one on EN.

The gameplay itself went smoother because of my time on EN. I FCed the first three songs from the story, while I have yet to play the fourth and a fifth one which showed up after FCing the first song that I know isn't on EN.

dVEGswg.jpg

I already know this will be a wildly different experience. Just look at that LP meter!

Meanwhile on EN, my Cool team is actually lacking compared to my Pure team now. I have 4 Pure Rs (new ones are two different Honokas and a Rin), but still only have the 3 Cool Rs I mentioned. It doesn't help that I have 6 Smile Rs (new one is a Kotori) plus I still have that Smile UR.

if you play the unknown songs, you can build up a song chain all the way up into moment ring, which include the main movie songs and the sif collaboration singles

And now my JP is on par with my EN in terms of team balance. By which I mean Cool desperately needs more firepower and Smile is the strongest. Unlike EN I only have 2 Smile Rs and 2 Pure Rs (one of which I actually got from playing a song, which was interesting as that has never happened to me on EN), so the line between them isn't as large. I SSC'd the first four main songs on easy, all of which only took two tries (the first three for S rank, the fourth for FC).

Ness said:
if you play the unknown songs, you can build up a song chain all the way up into moment ring, which include the main movie songs and the sif collaboration singles
Once I realized "oh hey this is the first opening theme" I figured it would go at least through all of the opening+ending themes. Nice to know that it goes further. Unfortunately, as I am still using my laptop for SIF and I don't use the keyboard for playing it, one part made it impossible to FC. I found out in the tutorial (which I entered by complete accident this time) that the simple double taps can be like Perfect+Great if I react fast enough. There though, it wants me to HOLD it down and tap more notes. Even without that part, it was ridiculous for a two-star song and with the next one being three I'm inclined to just avoid it until I'm actually using a device I won't get bodied on.

Rank 33: Bokura wa Ima no Naka de (僕らは今のなかで)
Rank 40: Kitto Seishun ga Kikoeru (きっと青春が聞こえる)
Rank 90: Sore wa Bokutachi no Kiseki (それは僕たちの奇跡)
Rank 94: Donna Toki mo Zutto (どんなときもずっと)
Rank 122: Angelic Angel
Rank 125: SUNNY DAY SONG
Rank 127: Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari (僕たちはひとつの光)
Rank 130: HEART to HEART!
Rank 131: Arashi no Naka no Koi dakara (嵐のなかの恋だから)
Rank 72: Takaramonozu (タカラモノズ)
Rank 74: Paradise Live
Rank 139: MOMENT RING

The reason why the difficulty spikes because the songs get harder as you move forward (with the exception of unlocked past event songs through the story because those are also for newer players) due to increased skill level. By using this chain, you are giving yourself an extra challenge (and more songs to complete as well).

Nothing interesting happened on EN from my last update, but JP has grown quite a lot.

I have 9 Rs now, NONE OF THEM ARE COOL FFF

- 2 Honokas (1 Smile R, 1 Idolized Smile R)
- 1 Kotori (Pure R)
- 1 Umi (Pure R)
- 2 Rins (1 Pure R, 1 Idolized Pure R)
- 1 Nico (Pure R)
- 2 Elis (1 Smile R, 1 Pure R)

The tactic of "favourite every card that you don't have finished" bit me in the ass today. I have 105 cards (all of the spaces I have) all marked as favourite, because I keep getting new ones over and over. So for now my main goal is to go on a massive max bonding spree, I wanted to max levels too but I can't really do that with my lack of space and constant new cards. By the time I'm all finished with maxbonding I'll probably have a rank way over my EN one and enough gems to do a 10+1. I've already done two of the max bonds (Initial Honoka and Smile Nagi) which means I have 40 cards left to max the bond with. God help me.

yeah i did a 10+1 and had absolutely no room for any of the cards i got because i was so packed with idolized ns

GUYS
https://mobile.twitter.com/schoolidolu/status/713488709950312448

3.0 this April for EN
When it came out last August in JP
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS
SEAL SHOP AND ONE GEM A DAY YOOOOOO

finally omg

i want it to auto-update to what it is in jp now

song sliders and gem by just playing one song when

A few days ago during my bond-fest the milestones on JP came out of complete nowhere and oh boy there are a lot of them. 2 scouting tickets and 10 gems plus solo boxes for each of the idols. Naturally, I'm aiming to 10+1 the Honoka box, though I doubt I'll actually be able to do it twice as I only have 26 idols left to max bond, the starter gems already ran out (which seemed a few days faster than it was with EN), I already got all of the milestone gems, only have one more gem from the monthly bonus on the day of the box, and adding all that up to my 59 gems now. With all of this, the promos in April/May/June, and the Final Live in a few days, I can't help but think this is meant to be bittersweet.

I ended up getting a Cool R on JP, but apparently that just won't cut it as it's still a crying team. Welp.

EN has been moving a lot slower for a while in terms of my activity, many days I just check in and that's it.

Sieglinde Sullivan said:
GUYS
https://mobile.twitter.com/schoolidolu/status/713488709950312448

3.0 this April for EN
When it came out last August in JP
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS
SEAL SHOP AND ONE GEM A DAY YOOOOOO
I'm hyped. Certainly wasn't expecting it this early so maybe they're trying to shorten the gap between EN and JP or just get this particular update out of the way first.

EN:
i1ygeSO.png

JP:
cT9w1yO.png

Honoka box came out today, I don't have 100 gems (yet) but I used 50 of the ones I had to scout in it once.

0uMf8Ny.png

Wasn't expecting to pull out a UR here, was thinking it would be 2-3 SRs at most. But hey, I don't have any problems with it! I would have thought it be weird to have 2 URs and no SRs, but actually I did pull an SR on EN a few days ago.

KYcPOKn.jpg

So I traded my constellation Rin starter for a semi starter on EN which I am currently using as my main since I am probably gonna be giving up on my current EN account soon unless I scout Cyber Nico on it in a couple of weeks (as that is basically my 'last chance with that account before i call it quits') but for now, since I am trying to grind this account ready for when I probably start using it as my main, I would appreciate if people added me as a friend on this account
tumblr_o4tj7yglyG1v4t3zzo1_540.jpg

Well, I soloed some of my leftover Honoka box gems a few days ago and ended up getting 2 SRs in the course of 4 scouts. I forgot to take screens but they are this Nozomi and this Nico respectively. What I DID remember to screenshot though was another SR I pulled on EN with the reward scouting ticket.

XVyNuj2.png

Also, I took a few more risks today. As it turns out, I was correct- every song that's been in the Bokura wa Ima no Naka de chain so far has been literally impossible to FC with just the mouse. I'm up to Angelic Angel now and if there's one thing I'm thankful for it's that I didn't die during the three songs between Naka de and Angelic Angel. After that, I did one of the daily songs, Nawatobi. It went the same way; I didn't die but I can't FC it without the keyboard or an actual phone to play it on. Lastly, I did Bokura no LIVE Kimi to no LIFE on Normal. It seemed possible to FC it then and there, but it ramped up around the end and once again became impossible to FC with the mouse. So basically it went the same way as the other four.

nice, I will add everyone to my accounts later (but my high level accounts are my mains)

I finished the chain, the rest of the songs in it weren't actually all that brutal. As a matter of fact, the only one that was 4 stars was also the only one I can theoretically FC. edit: nevermind i played it again and just didn't notice the first time around. After that I attempted a 5 star song and promptly died. It's entirely my fault for not looking at how many notes it had though; I'm pretty sure having 200 notes (which is about 1/3 of it's EX version's notes) should be 6 stars or something like that. Maybe it's just me still not using an iPod or something because I still don't have one.

All of my JP main teams have grown past using Ns whatsoever, so that's kinda neat I guess. My pure team now has a third SR, being Baseball Rin. I don't get why exactly the SRs and URs I get tend to be similar to the other ones I have; on EN I have 2 Cool SRs with score boost, on JP I have 3 Pure SRs and a Smile UR with a perfect lock skill, and the two (non-promo) URs I have in general are both Smile.

I've also finally gone through everything that was in my Present Box and now it's completely empty. After doing so it turns out I have like 100+ members I can max bond. The ride never ends.

The trend of every valuable card I get being similar to my other valuable cards continues. I got my fifth blue ticket so I used it for SR/UR scouting and got this Hanayo.

bW4ZDsr.png

I'm glad I managed to get another UR but I'm kind of disappointed it's another Smile UR. Outside of promos, this is literally the only kind I've gotten, and my Cool team is in terrible pain since it still doesn't have an SR or UR. I guess this breaks the trend of all of my valuable JP cards being Perfect Lock though since it's a Healer. And actually, all three of my scouted URs have been Printemps members. IS IT A SIGN????? probably not lol. Regardless I'm still pleased with this overall.

18th April 2016, 9:00am UTC
Love Gems: 135
Love Gems plan to spend: 30-35
Aim: T1 Military Maki, FC Trouble Busters

Possible result after event:
Love Live: School Idol Festival English:
2 10+1 Scouts
16 Green Tickets
1 Blue Ticket

Love Live: School Idol Festival Japan:
4 10+1 Scouts
4 Green Tickets
1 SR above Ticket
iEewJ2at.png
<---- This one
1 Blue Ticket

If I can get more stuff for the stream scout that will be great, but these are enough to be exciting!

My JP continues to far outshine my EN. I've scouted two more SRs, one smile Nico and one pure Maki. I'd say my Cool team is dying but you can't really kill something that was never alive to begin with.

Things are looking up for my EN at least. I can just barely get enough gems to do a 10+1 for Cyber Honoka, so I plan on trying to do that before guaranteed SR ends. Also, with 3.0 on the rise, I'll be able to get more done overall due to the daily gems and getting non-initial Ns from lives (after playing JP for long enough this is the main reason I don't play EN as much anymore.)

I also started up my first "rerolls" yesterday. Rerolls is in quotation marks because I've actually been doing things with some of them, but in the end their purpose will just be the same as any other reroll unless it ends up so good I make it a sub-account.

Back