Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

Nozomi Toujou said:
i did it i beat neutral

I did too!

That was fucking trippy I swear this has to be one of the best games of the year. It actually made me think about my actions. I only killed 1 enemy and it was on accident (rip).

Welp time to do true pacifist.

Meta Ridley said:
Nozomi Toujou said:
i did it i beat neutral

I did too!

That was fucking trippy I swear this has to be one of the best games of the year. It actually made me think about my actions. I only killed 1 enemy and it was on accident (rip).

Welp time to do true pacifist.
Don't worry, it's completely worth it.

Meta Ridley said:
And now I've beaten true pacifist and got the happy ending
What did you think of the ending? I loved it, and I saw that if you do a genocide run and then a pacifist run you get a different ending. It's pretty interesting, actually.

CEJy3vb.png

an interesting take on the undertale timeline(s)

Beast Boy said:
It's probably mentioned somewhere but who is Gaster anyways?
Nobody knows. Some people have theorized he's related to the skelebros or something like that. But then again HE did make the Gaster blasters than Sans uses so must have link to them. Especially since Wingdings is a font.

Some people have also theorized that Gaster started the Determination extraction (and created the blueprints for the DT Extractor), died working on the CORE, and Alphys picked up where he left off (but didn't work anymore on the CORE).

Keep trying? He follows a pattern and you'll get muscle memory for it after a few attempts. Don't be afraid to not heal when you have low health if you're confident in yourself, usually the purple bar of health will keep you alive even if you do get hit, as long as it's only a stray hit. There's also a timing to avoid the bones on the menus that you'll learn. Good luck.

Beast Boy said:
It's probably mentioned somewhere but who is Gaster anyways?

gaster is the previous royal scientist. he created the core but fell into the core and was scattered through undertale's coding.

also gaster speaks in wingdings 1, 2, and three, which are just basically symbols

Sylveon said:
sheesh could you take the time to spoiler it at least >_>
oh please, if the game hasn't been spoiled for you by now with how omnipresent it is around the internet, then you're probably actively avoiding the game anyway. Time Turner's profile is a massive spoiler as it is.

I don't think anyone would even realize that it's a spoiler. It's only with the context that the name "Frisk" becomes a spoiler; otherwise, it's just like Crono from Chrono Trigger, the official name for a character that you can name whatever you want.

Maki Nishikino said:
'it's going to happen anyway' is a stupid excuse to spoil anything
i never said it was a good excuse

but everyone i know who hasn't played undertale already knows the character's name is frisk because of webcomics

So, quick, end-game-spoilery question for you all:

Do you consider Chara to be evil? The most popular characterization is that they're basically a demon who wants to murder everything and everyone with no remorse whatsoever. I don't agree with that: they're not completely innocent, their desire to kill the humans is pretty undeniable, but they're not innately evil, they've just been treated really, really badly by life and got messed up as a result. It's not a justification for his actions so much as a reason to not demonize him after the fact. Undertale is basically whether or not you want to prove Chara right: go down the Pacifist run, and you prove that that humans aren't all evil and that it's possible to have a happy ending; go down the Genocide route, and you fuel his bloodlust, proving that he was right.

Time Turner said:
So, quick, end-game-spoilery question for you all:

Do you consider Chara to be evil? The most popular characterization is that they're basically a demon who wants to murder everything and everyone with no remorse whatsoever. I don't agree with that: they're not completely innocent, his desire to kill the humans is pretty undeniable, but they're not innately evil, they've just been treated really, really badly by life and got messed up as a result. It's not a justification for his actions so much as a reason to not demonize him after the fact. Undertale is basically whether or not you want to prove Chara right: go down the Pacifist run, and you prove that that humans aren't all evil and that it's possible to have a happy ending; go down the Genocide route, and you fuel his bloodlust, proving that he was right.
I think that over the pacifist run, Chara's influence dwindles until you meet Asriel, and their spirit is "put to rest", having finally seen their only friend (the only thing contradictory to this is the brutal murder of Flowey/Asriel at the end of the genocide run). In addition, I personally believe that Chara just felt abandoned by Asgore and Asriel (the sweater, drawings, and somewhat favoritism by Toriel for humans and Asgore for monsters) and exacted revenge for the genocide run.

Wow, it seems like a lot of Mario fans like Undertale. I got to the fight with the practice dummy and haven't continued 'cause everyone spoiled everything to the point I just saw most of it in others playing. Which kinda sucks, actually!

My favorite character is Doggo. He's super minor but agh, so cute!

why is alphys the like one character who isn't all over the fandom

not that im complaining because i'm glad there's at least one character that i can think fondly of without being reminded of the fandom, but what did she do to be so less popular

Back