Describe Mario's character.

Well, if we're going to try to go the "Mario is cruel/evil/murderous" route (not that I'm accusing anyone), you might as well say that about every videogame protagonist ever in any game that has you "defeating" enemies.

Anyway, I can't add much else that hasn't already been said, but it's clear Mario is meant to be simpler that most Mario characters.

thats not what im saying at all, sheesh the assumptions.

I'm merely making references to past mario rpgs when mario has choices a lot of the negative options are so cruel, for example, the first time you meet a puni, you get a bully option.

lighten up people

^Yeah, I know- and stuff like that is funny. That's why I said I wasn't necessarily accusing anyone. Some people will really try to make those weak arguments though.

Edit: Slightly off topic, but this looks "cruel" to me.
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-content/images/retroscan/pac-attack_small.jpg

Zae Eildus said:

I'm merely making references to past mario rpgs when mario has choices a lot of the negative options are so cruel, for example, the first time you meet a puni, you get a bully option.

lighten up people
Dude, you were vague on your claims so naturally, I'd think about the platformers and stuff, not some random reference on a inconsequential dialogue option in Thousand-Year Door. Especially since the rest of your post didn't lighten up the tone.

I can't lighten up if the crap you're making is ridiculous but not enough for me to determine whenever you're serious or not.

Mario Party Δ said:
Zae Eildus said:

lighten up people
Dude, you were vague on your claims so naturally, I'd think about the platformers and stuff, not some random reference on a inconsequential dialogue option in Thousand-Year Door. Especially since the rest of your post didn't lighten up the tone.

I can't lighten up if the crap you're making is ridiculous but not enough for me to determine whenever you're serious or not.

dunno why you're thinking platformers when they have no personality to begin with

just think outside of that and you might find some answers, but relax, i didnt exactly a lot of people to get it.

Although assuming darker options then what i was going for was quite unexpected.

The word choices "sacrifices yoshi" conflated with "being greedy" and a "bully" do suggest a heavier tone, but maybe that's just me. By themselves, not that bad, but once they're all together, it paints a darker image.

Why I'm thinking of platformers? It's usually the first line people fall on when they accuse of Mario being an abusive/violent/ person/bully. It's the most ubiquitous despite its lack of personality, which allows a whole lot of room for people to make up a lot of things.

well aside from sacrifing yoshi, all that refers to spin-offs, but i guess now its easy to assume the other two may fall in that category.

But no, hmm, oh well you get the point, sorry for the confusion.

Back