#DKCrevealed

I just noticed in the first pic, that the colour chart at the bottom indicates moves like the helicopter spin would've needed to be unlocked by beating bosses or finding them. Kinda glad they didn't go that route tbh.

Glowsquid said:
I just noticed in the first pic, that the colour chart at the bottom indicates moves like the helicopter spin would've needed to be unlocked by beating bosses or finding them. Kinda glad they didn't go that route tbh.
Yeah, me too.

Also, these names are amazing. Can't believe they didn't go with "Diddy & Female with Hair".

overworld map concept art and levels/props suggestions:

CUTLSliWsAEsVu0.jpg:large

CUUWfAkWEAAp29G.jpg:large

CUUWirNWcAAODc8.jpg:large

interesting t osee concepts that were reused for future games (silouhette levels) or were transformed in the final game (parrot level that goes down instead of up, winds instead of water current... etc).

Hey that proto-Flying Krock looks like Mr. Patch's head.

Also Diddy where did you get the idea to swim in lava I mean come on.

Diddy said:
Well Cranky said he once fought Stanley in an active volcano and he didn't think he was up to the challenge so I wanted to prove him wrong and, uh... it didn't go so well. Seriously though, how did he do it?

He had a big advantage:
QmcgQ7l.png

After some prodding, Gregg Mayles posted more stuff from the Donkey Kong vs Super Wario binder!

1569535363555.png

For the 25th anniversary of Donkey Kong Country, Gregg Mayles has posted more stuff on twitter, including the galaxy-brained, DK Vine-approved original storyline, confirmation the mine cart levels were based on Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and the original shitty overcomplicated controls, "Queen Krapp", and yet more animal buddies ideas.

Boundary Break also held a one-hour interview with the developers.

Back