Glitches You've Experienced

Boozooka

King Bowser
Didn't see this topic elsewhere. Basically I'm looking for those times when you're playing a game and it glitches. Not looking for when you're going out of your way to cause a glitch, but when you're playing the game, enjoying it hopefully, and it just locks up or otherwise bugs out.

For me, it was in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time...yep, of all games I own(ed, I no longer do), it was this. In or around 2010 I was heading through the last level of the game, just below the area with the ship pad and north of the library. I was jumping around for whatever reason and hit the underside of one of the bridges, and to my surprised, Luigi simply stopped moving. I walked around with Mario a bit, but Luigi didn't follow, just turned to watch. I don't recall if he jumped with me, but he wasn't following. After a bit I decided to throw the babies off my back. The babies disappeared, the music cut out, and brothers kept throwing nothing until I shut off the game. I was never able to recreate this.

The only glitch that I've (unintentionally) encountered in a standard playthrough was in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I was in the room in Bowser's Castle which requires the lead bro on the bottom and the secondary on top. I didn't catch that at first, so i just tried to spin across, which sent me off the side of the screen for some reason.

there are some funny acnl multiplayer ones where players warp to other areas of walk super fast

otherwise i've had plenty of experience with rebirth 3ds. original version had missing textures, and the patch had freezing. (they patched that though) not to mention epilogue is still not unlocking sooooo yeah

There was a time in Double Dash where I made Baby Luigi drag on the back of the kart for eternity, and my twin was responsible for that. We just messed around with Spiny Shells, Lightning Bolts, and Thwomps. He was also able to carry items and throw them as well, and how he held the item was weird. The front driver was shaking around too. I wanted to put an end to Baby Luigi's misery, so I just went into the water and things turned back to normal. I couldn't replicate this glitch to this day.

First level of the Madagascar game for GameCube, you can pop helium balloons. If you pop them all, you can make Marty talk funny at the final two cutscenes.

A glitch occurred that made an extra balloon respawn and I was able to make Marty talk funny earlier.

Other than that, once in Brawl I got two default colored Marths in Training. I'm not sure how it happened and I wasn't able to replicate it, although I did tape it.

Mega Man 3 bugged out on me once before. I was fighting Gemini Man and I beat him but somehow he had a few blips left on his life meter and I was stuck in the boss room.

This one is really weird. In Pokémon White when I was training random weak Pokémon at the Elite Four by sending out the weak Pokémon, and switching to my level 100 Mewtwo. I had Tepig out and forgot to switch and the enemy Pokémon attacked and dropped him to 0 HP but he didn't faint, just stayed there with 0 HP. The battle menu appeared and it didn't let me switch, or use items but I could fight, but when I selected a move nothing happened. The enemy Pokémon attacked but it didn't do anything to Tepig so I couldn't do anything at all, and I turned the power off.

A more minor glitch in Pokémon Yellow was Ember missing, but it has 100 accuracy and the enemy didn't use any moves like Sand Attack or Double Team.

Another minor glitch in Awakening was when I was doing a random skirmish and Brady and Noire were paired up, with Brady in the lead. I attacked an enemy and then Noire did a dual strike, but she didn't fire an arrow, she just stood there for 20 seconds and the enemy took damage and died without her doing anything.

This thread is just for glitches you weren't actively attempting.

So some of those don't count.

So I was playing Super Mario Sunshine and I was collecting red coins in Gelato Beach. I then did a weird thing which made me walk underwater. I don't exactly remember what I did, and when I tried recreating the glitch, which I always try to do each time I accidentally perform a glitch, I couldn't get it to work. This made me very sad because I wanted to know what was going on behind the scenes, but the game kept the information away from me.

Another glitch in Awakening was when I do DLC maps sometimes, it'll play Conquest or whatever battle music I have set (usually Conquest), instead of the DLC music, pretty annoying honestly. Also sometimes when a unit activates a skill or crits, they'll say their crit line twice.

Glitchy said:
This one is really weird. In Pokémon White when I was training random weak Pokémon at the Elite Four by sending out the weak Pokémon, and switching to my level 100 Mewtwo. I had Tepig out and forgot to switch and the enemy Pokémon attacked and dropped him to 0 HP but he didn't faint, just stayed there with 0 HP. The battle menu appeared and it didn't let me switch, or use items but I could fight, but when I selected a move nothing happened. The enemy Pokémon attacked but it didn't do anything to Tepig so I couldn't do anything at all, and I turned the power off.

A more minor glitch in Pokémon Yellow was Ember missing, but it has 100 accuracy and the enemy didn't use any moves like Sand Attack or Double Team.

Another minor glitch in Awakening was when I was doing a random skirmish and Brady and Noire were paired up, with Brady in the lead. I attacked an enemy and then Noire did a dual strike, but she didn't fire an arrow, she just stood there for 20 seconds and the enemy took damage and died without her doing anything.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Gen 1, 100 accuracy means there's a 255 in 256 chance of the attack hitting, so you just got insanely unlucky...

Once while playing mario kart 64 battle, my friend threw a red shell, but instead of actually go anywhere, it flew around in a tight circle endlessly

Now, this was when we were both 6 or something, so neither of us really went about wondering why it happened or how to recreate it

Right now that's all I can think of for unintentional unexplainable things, but some more will probably come to me

Glitchy said:
Maybe she inherits that from her mother? :yoshi:

Once when I was playing Super Mario Galaxy on Beach Bowl Galaxy, it was the 3rd mission and during the launch from the Main Planet to the Spiral Planet, I died as I was traveling on the path of the Launch Star. I don't know how I did it but it was so weird because the camera was just still and then the Death jingle played.

Another time in Super Mario Sunshine, I was in Pianta Village and fell of the course and hit one of the tree trunks and just kept falling, I managed to survive but it was dark blue and you can see everything if you looked up. At some point I found out it is somewhat common to happen.

I once got stuck inside a platform when playing Seaside Hill in the PS3 version of Sonic Generations and had to restart the level. Yes even what's considered probably the best Sonic game in recent years can have unexplainable glitches.

Granted it was pretty early in the level so it was not really a big deal restarting. But still, it's certainly fair for anybody to say every Sonic game has a bug or two. Even the classics with the "Dr. Robotnik's diabolical traps" thing as said in the Sonic 3 Manual.

Northern Verve said:
I once got stuck inside a platform when playing Seaside Hill in the PS3 version of Sonic Generations and had to restart the level. Yes even what's considered probably the best Sonic game in recent years can have unexplainable glitches.

Granted it was pretty early in the level so it was not really a big deal restarting. But still, it's certainly fair for anybody to say every Sonic game has a bug or two. Even the classics with the "Dr. Robotnik's diabolical traps" thing as said in the Sonic 3 Manual.

Reminds me of that Game Genie book that said that, if you used a certain code (forget which) in Mario 3, after beating Bowser you'll have to be quick to the door, lest his 'time trap' activate (game locks up).

I remember Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS having one where the AI just started to stack up against a rock at Adder's Lair. Like five of em, piling into one rock. Haven't seen that since, though with how bad the AI at that track is, I'll prolly see it again. Then again, the whole game is a massive glitch to be frank...

Several versions of Minecraft and Java and a new graphics card and drivers later this still happens and I don't know anybody else it happens to

Literally just experienced another. It was in EO2U, I accepted a quest to fight a boss and he simply failed to spawn. No clue how, but I cancelled the quest and accepted it again and he was there.

The most bizarre and unprecedented glitch I experienced was at the end of Project Snowblind, where my character somehow moved slower and slower each time I died, until it became physically impossible to beat the level (it's a timed escape sequence). Unplugging the controller fixed it.

Well since Game genie induced glitches in old games don't count, I'm always getting weird stuff to happen in Mk:Wii- particularly in battle mode. But that's pretty widely known right? I guess I'm not that good at glitch hunting.

Mechayoshi said:
Well since Game genie induced glitches in old games don't count, I'm always getting weird stuff to happen in Mk:Wii- particularly in battle mode. But that's pretty widely known right? I guess I'm not that good at glitch hunting.
Oh no it's not hunting. I'm looking for when you're just playing a game and it bugs out on you. Coming across a well known glitch accidentally is all good though.

Back