Nintendo are greedy hypocrites

supermariofan

Dry Bowser
Yeah you know in Mario Kart 8 Nintendo added a feature where you can share your racing experience on Youtube? Well turns out I got a bullshit DMCA claim from them even though they're the ones who added that feature! Oh and as I recall from the last Smash Direct, Smash Bros will be adding the same feature! Well how the fuck am I supposed to share my fighting experiences with everybody if you're just gonna pull a bullshit claim Nintendo?! Seriously I love Nintendo! They have been my childhood, but seriously this whole DMCA bullshit needs to stop! I thought they were already greedy because they don't want people like Angryjoe reviewing their crap, but this?!

"Hey did you upload this Mario Kart 8 footage?

"Yeah I uploaded it with that Youtube feature you added."

"That is copyright infringement and you know it!"

"Uhhhhhhhhhh what?"

I love how it took you this long to realise this. Nintendo has been doing some really shady stuff recently, actually. The most prominent example of this are the amiibos and how they never ever price things appropriately, not even on the eShop.

RandomYoshi said:
I love how it took you this long to realise this. Nintendo has been doing some really shady stuff recently, actually. The most prominent example of this are the amiibos and how they never ever price things appropriately, not even on the eShop.
I have realized they've been pulling that bullshit for a while, but I never thought they would be this stupid to pull that claim because I used the feature they added!

supermariofan said:
Yeah you know in Mario Kart 8 Nintendo added a feature where you can share your racing experience on Youtube? Well turns out I got a bull*bleep* DMCA claim from them even though they're the ones who added that feature! Oh and as I recall from the last Smash Direct, Smash Bros will be adding the same feature! Well how the *bleep* am I supposed to share my fighting experiences with everybody if you're just gonna pull a bull*bleep* claim Nintendo?! Seriously I love Nintendo! They have been my childhood, but seriously this whole DMCA bull*bleep* needs to stop! I thought they were already greedy because they don't want people like Angryjoe reviewing their crap, but this?!

"Hey did you upload this Mario Kart 8 footage?

"Yeah I uploaded it with that Youtube feature you added."

"That is copyright infringement and you know it!"

"Uhhhhhhhhhh what?"
Nintendo can put a claim on your video if it contains the 8 logo. That means, if you get a Crazy 8, you get crazy infringement. Just look at this video, specifically 2:41:

Also, music. Turn it off. Or they'll claim you too.

Anyway, this is pretty old news. I've been calling Nintendo assholes several times nowadays, lol.

YouTube's copyright claim is ----.

Turd smells horrible.

Vomiting is unpleasant.

Yeah everyone knows this by now. But I enjoy complaining about it.

Except this, it's a shame they've caught up with the other ----head companies that do this ----.

RandomYoshi said:

pretty much this

nintendo has been pulling a lot of shit over time, but a lot more shit recently. feels like i dont even care for most of their games anymore (granted, most games coming out in the near future such as fire emblem and ac happy home designer do not interest me because i dont like the series they originate from, but even splatoon felt weird to me and ive played it by now).

Also feels like if I like Nintendo less I grow fonder of my old true love, square-enix.
goddamnit i need a playstation 3

Eri Ayase said:
RandomYoshi said:

pretty much this

nintendo has been pulling a lot of *bleep* over time, but a lot more *bleep* recently. feels like i dont even care for most of their games anymore (granted, most games coming out in the near future such as fire emblem and ac happy home designer do not interest me because i dont like the series they originate from, but even splatoon felt weird to me and ive played it by now).

Also feels like if I like Nintendo less I grow fonder of my old true love, square-enix.
goddangit i need a playstation 3
Just to be fair, I don't think a lot of people know that simply showing a Crazy 8 leads to copyright claims.

This thread title sounds so click-baity, in the meantime. lel..

Your point was that "it's old news". I was just pointing the extent of how poorly-handled it is. I know it's poorly done, but not THIS poorly done.

Don't want to say that nintendo is dead but I used to like them more, similar to capcom whose recent business decisions i strongly disagree with for the most part

Eri Ayase said:
Don't want to say that nintendo is dead but I used to like them more, similar to capcom whose recent business decisions i strongly disagree with for the most part
Nintendo has a record of questionable business practices. One of them is a landmark case, Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc., which helped establish a reason for modders to mod their games.

There are other cases in Nintendo's history I'd strongly criticize Nintendo for (strict game-making regulations that didn't help budding game developers make games for the console, I believe?).

That being said, Nintendo probably isn't like Capcom because they still pack their games which chock-ton of content, enough to make it a good playing experience. Still, the nicest thing I can say about them is that "Well, they're not AS bad so far...".

capcom manages to entertain me to this day (see ultra street fighter 4), but they had 4 megaman games in development in 2011 of which 2 looked really good (megaman legends 3 and maverick hunter x, which was supposed to be a megaman x version of metroid prime) that all got cancelled and since then im kinda insecure. I'm also insecure about nintendo but not quite on that level.

This systerm does not benefit anyone at all. It only harms, it harms the created because they can't make money off it, it harms the viewer because there are less let's plays out there because people refuse to play their games on their channels and it harms Nintendo because they choose small money over copyright claims over much larger amounts through game sales. These advertise their games and help people buy it and their reputation made has caused people to boycott their products.

The fact that Nintendo have not put a stop to this yet is beyond me.

supermariofan said:
I think Nintendo might be a bit worse than EA. At least EA knows reviewing their games boost sales.

Hahahaha no.

Nintendo has made ----ty decisions but they aren't on the level of EA bad.

supermariofan said:
I think Nintendo might be a bit worse than EA. At least EA knows reviewing their games boost sales.
I disagree, but....
Mario Party Σ said:
Still, the nicest thing I can say about them is that "Well, they're not AS bad so far...".

Far out that's bullshit and I hate the fact that I'm not even surprised because that's such a Nintendo thing to do

Back