Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Re: Metroid Prime Federation Force

Pascal said:
Ephraim said:
Ganondorf said:
Aren't they also working on some 2d metroid thing as well
Are me and Raven the only ones who remember this? I hate this as much as anyone, but this is a spinoff. It's not the next big Metroid game, it's not replacing an actual Prime 4. Fuck this game, but I doubt the series is dead.

id say metroid dread but otherwise i dont know

tell me more
Last year they mentioned that they we're working on (or at least had concepts for) a 2d and a 3d metroid game (and honestly i'm not that this is the 3d Metroid game they we're talking about)

eh not that much going on then, maybe next e3 or some sort of direct.

Watch Adam get thrown into this.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/someone-started-a-petition-calling-for-the-cancelation-of-metroid-prime-federation-force-3417764

Someone has already made a petition to cancel this game

My God some people are so dumb. Just deal with it.

2257 said:
i'm... really not seeing why this is getting all the hate it is. to me it looks mediocre at worst

unless people's excess hatred of other m is just spilling out onto the first available target. i would be ok with that explanation

I think it was just a culmination of many factors that burst the bubble:

-Retro was rumored to be at E3; turns out they weren't
-Blastball was almost unanimously looked at as one of the weakest moments in the NWC and it turns out that it was actually this game
-Next Level is working on this game instead of something else
-It has the name Metroid Prime, let alone Metroid, slapped on it with almost no correlation to the series besides the generic space marines apparently being GF Troopers
-As Glowsquid pointed out above, you shouldn't really follow up a widely negative/controversial game with another controversial game
-People have been clamoring for a good Metroid game for a while

There's probably more.

Fun Fact: I think this reveal trailer is the most negatively rated video on Nintendo's channel with ~2500 likes to 24000+ dislikes. It's something.

Note: I don't think this game is going to the mess that Other M was and Nintendo are absolutely awful at E3 reveal trailers, so it may turn out to be a semi-decent title when it releases.

Meta Knight said:
http://www.gamezone.com/news/someone-started-a-petition-calling-for-the-cancelation-of-metroid-prime-federation-force-3417764

Yeah that's overreaction at its finest. At this point of development, there's no way this game is getting canceled. They're not going to throw away money given for development; they're a business and money comes before reputation.

Doesn't look like the Wii U wil get a proper Metroid game either:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-next-proper-metroid-prime-game-not-likely-until-nintendos-next-console

GG, Nintendo. GG.

That's saddening.

I do feel kind of bad for Next Level games since I do love their style, in Mario Strikers to Luigi's Mansion to Punch Out Wii, they all have their charm. But, their timing on announcing this game is beyond horrible smh.

Gamefreak75 said:
Fun Fact: I think this reveal trailer is the most negatively rated video on Nintendo's channel with ~2500 likes to 24000+ dislikes. It's something.
I don't use like/dislike ratio as an indicator of quality, but how over reactive fans can get. But I can feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment for the more reasonable fans.

GalacticPetey said:
inb4 "Federation Soldier" is the next playable Metroid character in Smash
Lol!

It's not that I think this looks bad. It's just that it disappointed me as well as many others when it was announced.

Meta Knight said:

I heard. This may be going a bit too far guys.

Dark Meta Knight said:
Doesn't look like the Wii U wil get a proper Metroid game either:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-next-proper-metroid-prime-game-not-likely-until-nintendos-next-console

GG, Nintendo. GG.
Ugh.

Gamefreak75 said:
2257 said:
i'm... really not seeing why this is getting all the hate it is. to me it looks mediocre at worst

unless people's excess hatred of other m is just spilling out onto the first available target. i would be ok with that explanation

I think it was just a culmination of many factors that burst the bubble:

-Retro was rumored to be at E3; turns out they weren't
-Blastball was almost unanimously looked at as one of the weakest moments in the NWC and it turns out that it was actually this game
-Next Level is working on this game instead of something else
-It has the name Metroid Prime, let alone Metroid, slapped on it with almost no correlation to the series besides the generic space marines apparently being GF Troopers
-As Glowsquid pointed out above, you shouldn't really follow up a widely negative/controversial game with another controversial game
-People have been clamoring for a good Metroid game for a while

There's probably more.

Note: I don't think this game is going to the mess that Other M was and Nintendo are absolutely awful at E3 reveal trailers, so it may turn out to be a semi-decent title when it releases.
I agree with this post.

BTW, the YouTube video's numbers are getting close to doubling what was said in your post, but the percents are still about the same.

Meta Knight said:

Lol

I know I said to cancel it earlier, but I was just blowing smoke.

I do honestly think they should retire Metroid for a while, though.

I see why this game has so much negativity. People were expecting a traditional Metroid title after years of waiting and instead they get a 3v3 fps and and some first person soccer game? I know that it's ok if studios branch out to do other things but the fact is that people wanted this franchise revived but instead they get something not even close to what they wanted. This game could be good, but for now, I would be a little upset as a Metroid fan.

OOH I KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT WORSE.

IT'LL BECOME FREE TO PLAY WITH MICROTRANSACTIONS

Some info for people who don't know: http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/236213-metroid-prime-federation-force-new-details-metroids-samus-mak
Samus will be in the game.

YES AND YOU'LL NEED AN AMIIBO TO UNLOCK HER

CALLING IT

theres been nothing about amiibos in that article and every new nintendo game supports amiibos (3ds is no exception anymore theres the amiibo plate thing for normal 3ds and new 3ds recognizes amiibos anyways)

Well it's getting rarer actually...

Oh, man, the fanboy rage is real.

My reaction is just 'meh'. I'm not the biggest fan of Metroid. And the game doesn't look awful. We should at least play it before deciding "METROID IS DEAD!"

I think it would have gotten far less hate if it wasn't a Metroid IP. I think...no definitely it would have gotten less hate.

It looks cool so far, but it really didn't need the Metroid name. But eh what do I know, I'm no Metroid fan.

Baby Luigi said:
I think it would have gotten far less hate if it wasn't a Metroid IP. I think...no definitely it would have gotten less hate.

It looks cool so far, but it really didn't need the Metroid name. But eh what do I know, I'm no Metroid fan.

If Nintendo had done this at any time other than after Other M, it probably would've been received better.
As it stands this is just rubbing salt in the wound.
Word of advice, Nintendo: Never let Sakamoto near Metroid again. It worked for Prime, so why bring him back for Other M?

They justified they can't make a Prime game for Wii U because their team is not big enough. But they may on the NX. So it was either a spinoff, either nothing.

Back