EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS

final fantasy 1 was like the entire game though, that doesnt count

Eri Ayase said:
final fantasy 1 was like the entire game though, that doesnt count

tales of phantasia then

then again the game lies to you so nevermind

i never played any tales game before so idek

ff1 the main problem was everything up to where you level your characters to new classes. until then you had like no directions whatsoever, and the marsh cave and the earth dungeon are hell.
after that its still directionless, but the game gets a little easier (as long as you grind all 2 minutes).
then again the way you obtain the doom spell for black/red wizards is just stupid
theres a wall in lotin (or whatever that town was called) on the left side where you can walk through and youll find a secret magic shop

well ToP was like OKAY GUYS GO TO MORIYA GALLERY but when you get there and get a little deeper you cant do anything because you lack a magic ring from efrets dungeon and you have to get the other elemental summon spirits as well and then once you do that you can do something

yeah really namco

Lyn said:
Eri Ayase said:
duncan's factory is the hugest directionless place you'll find in any game ever
Having no knowledge of that area, I say to you The Legend of Zelda.

but that doesnt count as that was the entire game

heh ive thought it was pretty obvious where the dungeons were in the original loz

speaking of which

death mountain, zelda 2

Eri Ayase said:
heh ive thought it was pretty obvious where the dungeons were in the original loz

speaking of which

death mountain, zelda 2
Ugh. This place is a nightmare.

Lyn said:
Eri Ayase said:
It took me ages to find the second dungeon, hush.
Same. I still do enjoy the game as a whole though.

The old men didn't help much either.

"EASTMOST PENINSULA IS THE SECRET" yeah ok grandpa time to get you back to the home

Ok, I am at the Swamp right now. The more I play the more I dread venturing to Mt. Itoi.

Gamefreak75 said:
Ok, I am at the Swamp right now. The more I play the more I dread venturing to Mt. Itoi.

the swamp is easily the hardest part of the game, at least it was for me.

it was the only time i died iirc

Well, I just got Teddy and now I have to go Mt. Itoi.

Time to go back to the Swamp and grind instead.

I can't beat around the bush forever so right now I'm at the Healer's house on Mt. Itoi right before the giant robot attacks. Fuck those brain things and fuck the Grizzly Bears especially.

edit: i now have loid back in my party and now i need to climb back

time to get screwed

I'm back at the Healer.

if the last place you saved was in the hut on mt itoi when you kill yourself after you get sent back down you will reappear on top of the mountain with lloyd in your party :yoshi:

GUYS I DID IT!

I kept my promise to myself and beat the game. It was actually a lot better than I anticipated.

My biggest issue aside from Mt. Itoi, was how the EXP distribution worked. Instead of each member getting 300 EXP for killing an enemy, it would be split up to 100 for each of the three. That really pissed me off and it's probably the main contributing factor as to why the game is grindy.

Besides those, I enjoyed my time with the game. I might replay it down the road, but definitely not as much as EarthBound or Mother 3.

GG.

Tbh though I probably will never play through this version because I can't fast forward during grinding.

So I downloaded this and Earthbound, but I'm afraid to play it. I'm not sure if I'll like it. I dunno; it's hard for me to get into RPGs, and while it looks fun and all, it looks confusing. Maybe it's just me over-analyzing the difficulty of the game.

Honestly, I say play EarthBound first. It's a much easier game to get through and fixes a lot of what's wrong with EarthBound Beginnings, minus the lack of a run button. Make use of the save state feature that's included with the games and remember that you will more than likely die A LOT in the beginning of the game. The game also starts off very slow and doesn't really pick up until you reach Happy Happy Village, imo (you'll know it when you see it) and then it just keeps getting better from there.

If you don't like EarthBound, you will very likely not like EBB.

Back