EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS

Gamefreak75 said:
The game also starts off very slow and doesn't really pick up until you reach Happy Happy Village, imo (you'll know it when you see it) and then it just keeps getting better from there.

pretty much this, but i also liked the first part of the beginning (like before you actually get to onett that whole town is the most boring part in the game very easily)

i started with earthbound beginnings and i did not regret it, but do what you want

it doesnt matter that much since mother 2 isnt a direct sequal to the first one story-wise anyways

although it does explain the backstory of giegue (giygas) in mother 2 so you should definatly play it

Glitchy said:
Is it better to start with EarthBound or EarthBound Beginnings?
Defintely Earthbound. Like EBB (idk why i don't just call it mother 1) may be first in the series, but it is not the most....player friendly, especially if you are not that experienced with rpgs or cannot tolerate older style rpgs.

But if you can, I say EBB.

in mother 1 pretty much the only two times you need to grind is at the very start and

when you get to magicant for the first time so you can buy the good equipment

because near the end you can actually get through with running from stronger enemies.

granted though i grinded a lot, but ive seen people successfully complete the game at like level 18

i was level 28 because i grinded forever on mt. itoi because i was preparing for who knows what and then the game was over

I'm very sad, guys :( Please listen to my tale of woe, because I need to vent. You see...

I was playing Earthbound on my Wii U and was really close to finishing it. I started the battle with Giygas (how do you even pronounce his name? "Gigas"?) and got to the third phase of the battle. I abused the Wii U emulator and saved every turn so if something went wrong I would just reload from the last saved point (seriously, this game is literally impossible without this feature).

I had heard a long time ago that Paula's previously useless "Pray" command was vital to this battle. I used it twice and since it didn't really do much, I thought they meant it as an alternate option to beat Giygas and stopped using it, because I was doing pretty well with my party dealing lots of damage and thought I would eventually kill with without Praying.

So after a looong while there I was, with all Paula, Jeff and Poo dead because of stupid OP PSI Flash and with no items left to revive them at all, and Ness with 0 PP to use PSI Healing. I kept on bashing Giygas and even got several SMAAAASH!!!! that would even deal 1000+ damage. An hour and a half later into the battle and realizing that he was not dying, I searched on the internet how much HP he had...

... Only to realize that he has infinite HP and the only possible way to kill him is using Pray over and over again. I couldn't use Pray anymore because Paula and everyone else were dead and I had no items or PP, and since Giygas wasn't dealing any damage to me (and I had over 700 HP left), I realized the battle was never going to end, so I just turned off the console...

... And there I was, back at the last point where I saved by using the phone and calling Dad, which was right after using the machine Dr. Andonuts, the Apple Kid and Mr. Saturn built for me. I hadn't even transformed into a robot yet. I'm very sad because there's no way in hell I'm going through the entire goddamn path again to face Giygas because it's way too long and difficult, so I just decided I won't play it anymore. It's very disappointing because I loved the game and enjoyed it a lot (even with all of its design nonsenses) and it's sad that I will never get to beat it.

How stupid is that? They should at least give you a hint that you have to pray in the battle over and over again. I only knew because I read it on the internet. What if I hadn't? Or how did people do back in '95 when the internet didn't exist (or at least wasn't accessible to everyone)?

I'm so angry, mad, pissed, sad and disappointed. Did this happen to any of you? :'(

Anser said:
seriously, this game is literally impossible without this feature
?????
Anser said:
after a looong while there I was, with all Paula, Jeff and Poo dead because of stupid OP PSI Flash and with no items left to revive them at all
Yeah unless you are pretty lucky you may fave to just mega stock up on items.
Anser said:
I'm so angry, mad, pissed, sad and disappointed. Did this happen to any of you? :'(
Not really because Giygas is super easy.

You should be happy you are back before going to the Cave of the Past because now you can actually prepare by buying the best healing items and PP restoring items and you can buy Night Pendants at Saturn Valley, which protect against PSI Flash attacks. Poo's diadem of kings which protects him from Flash attacks is in Lumine Hall. Not sure what equipment you were wearing since literally every new pendant after Moonside will protect you from flash attacks.

A similar thing happened to me.

I was only Ness with like 5pp left when i googled what to do

then i revived paula with my last pp and somehow managed to do it lol.

yeah it kinda sucks that they dont give you any sort of clue though.

but its not like this game is that hard either (arguably i was like level 70 at this point). i didnt use the savestate feature at all and i could beat it. that stupid freakin bass in mother 3 is a lot harder than everything in this game tbh.

Back