Retirement.

Contra(dictory)

also I hang out here, I guess
Have some tunes.

Hey there, guys.

I say this with a heavy heart, but I've known for a long time that it's time for me to move on from MarioWiki and Userpedia.

For those who don't know of me- you probably won't gain anything from reading this. You may as well go along.

But for other people- people who were my friends, people who hate my guts, people who think highly of me, whatever, this message is for you.

I found MarioWiki nine years ago, and joined it officially eight years ago. It was my first internet community, and being the loner I was at the time, it was my first really big group of people I could consider friends. I went through a lot of traumatizing shit as a kid, so due to that I was placed in special education and became an outcast, never really learning how to talk to people until I found this place.

I came here because I wanted to be stupid and act like a clown around people like me, people who loved Mario and shit, because I was so young and so lonely back then.

Chances are, I could've turned out better. My first forays with romance in the form of long distance relationships probably weren't the best option I could've taken, all things considered, but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

That's kind of what this is about, anyways. Hindsight.

Nine years ago, I found MarioWiki.
Eight years ago, I joined it.
Seven years ago, I made my first real group of friends here, like Palkia and Neurario. I bumped into Stooben as well and found an idol in him.
Six years ago, I joined Userpedia and started writing awful stories via my Nintendo Wii.
<@Ultima|KoL> So you became bi because of someone over the internet?
<TabuuxNeurario> ....Yeah, pretty much.
I fell in love for the first time, and due to a combination of stupid Internet drama and my home life, I finally became depressed.
Five years ago, I got promoted and continued toiling away at stories on Userpedia.
Four years ago, I went crazy. I stayed that way for a while.

Over the years in this community, I've gotten to know a lot of people. As of the past few years, though, I've become disassociated.

The primary thing keeping me here, in fact, was my determination to finish 132, once and for all, that story idea I couldn't let go of. Everything I've written over the past six years has meant something to me, has been close to my heart, but I'm nineteen years old now, I'm an adult and it's time for me to move on with my life.

I got out of the shitty environment I came from, finally. Using the writing skills I honed writing awful stories on Userpedia, I make enough of an income writing shitty tech articles online to get by, day to day. I'm a full-time writer now, and one day I may even achieve that silly dream I had when I started, that I'd write some story that everyone would love and get famous or something, but I very much doubt that will happen.

It doesn't deter me, though. My life's going to be a good one from here on out, and I'll be doing everything in my power to make it that way.

There's nothing more here for me.

So, bye. I hope you new kids keep on keepin' on, just try not to be as stupid as I was. (That shouldn't be an issue, I was particularly dumb.)

For the people who I stayed here with...well, in a sense, I kind of grew up with you guys. We may not be on good terms, but I still value all the memories I shared with every single one of you, no matter what you think of me. I think of MarioWiki and Userpedia like home.

But it's not my home anymore. Not for me, and that's okay.

If anyone still wants to stay in touch with me, my Skype is Tabuu132 and my Steam is here (if I removed you, it probably wasn't personal- I cleaned my friends list of just about anyone I didn't talk to consistently). I'm also on Tumblr and Facebook, if those strike your fancy.

Later, MarioWiki. It was a good run.

I never knew you too well, but you're a cool guy.

tumblr_m7t5y9ukIa1rr7fgv.jpg

Take care.

Glad to hear that you're out of your bad home environment and managing a living as a writer: your writing certainly did get better over the years, so it'd good that it's being put to some sort of use, and hopefully you'll find the time to keep writing fiction too.

Personally, I don't think there's an age-limit to the community, but if you find you're drifting away naturally, then that's coo', that happens, and it's nice of you to say goodbye - most people who escape just sorta go quiet. Or cut off suddenly and leave us all wondering why. Meanwhile, most people who do say they're leaving end up coming back, because this place is pretty much the Hotel California: after you've checked in for long enough, you can never leave... For the most part, anyway. But I figured I should say something in case this is the rare instance where someone does leave forever when they say they are.

If you do publish a book someday, let me know. I'll review it for old times sake, haha.

I never got to know you really well and I think we both have been just people passing through on this site to each other.

But it's always sad to see someone go. Take care Tabuu.

Walkazo said:
Meanwhile, most people who do say they're leaving end up coming back, because this place is pretty much the Hotel California: after you've checked in for long enough, you can never leave...

This is pretty accurate and also the reason why I'm still here probably.

Damn I had no idea of the shit you went through but mad props for getting out of that environment and making it. I know we didn't always get along but I respected a lot of the discussions we had (even the heated ones) and I wish you all the best

I also followed your tumblr and reblogged / queued some funnies because why not

Aw man, I know I shouldn't fret about it considering you'll still be on Steam or Facebook so we can talk whenever, but it's still sad to see you leave this community, Tabs. I've been keeping up a bit with what's going on in your personal life on Facebook and I'm so happy about your new writing job :'). I'm happy you've been able to kick so many negatives out of our life, for as long as I've known you and for as much as you've told all of us, your life was and still is quite an adventure and I'm so proud you persevered through all of it.

I know our friendship has always been a really bumpy and tumultuous one, but I'm glad to have known you, bud. If you ever need anything, please don't be afraid to talk, I'm always here for you :'D See you around, bro!

[me=Packy]hugs[/me]

i never knew you very well, but i'm really glad everything in your life got sorted out

hopefully i'll see you around one day

i never really got to know you, but you seemed like a good person so i wish you the best of luck in the rest of your life

o7

Well that's great that you're doing something with your life.

See you around.

Tabuu, you were one of my first real acquaintances on here, and you've been a great friend. I'm proud to have been able to see you overcome all the challenges you have. When I get back on tumblr I'll make sure to stalk look after you on there.

I can never thank you enough, Tabuu. You've helped me quite a lot over the years that you've been with us, and I just want to say thanks. It's good to know that you're finally out of the troubles that you had, and that you're now doing well, and pursuing your dreams of becoming a writer. It really does warm my heart to hear that you're out of that shithole, and finally have enough money to get by.

So good luck out there in the real world, I'll try and keep up with what you're doing in anyway I can, and if you feel like dropping by, you'll be welcomed home with open arms.

Farewell, old friend. It's going to be a different place without you dropping in whenever someone uses the word "contradictory".

This community has always meant a lot to me, and it is extremely heartwrenching to see those who also grew up with the Mariowiki leave. Most of us discovered the Mariowiki in our early teen years; as we grow older, we'll all have to make our own desicion about whether or not moving on is a good idea.

Good luck with your future, Tabuu. I mean it.

Here's to hope life onwards will get better for ya. Go on and conquer the world.

GODSPEED TABUU. GODSPEED TABUU.

p.s: it'd be nice if you said hi once in a while.

Back