What Phobias do you have?

I've noticed that I get kinda unconfortable when I'm on stairs and somebody is walking below me on another set of stairs.

claustrophobia, coulrophobia, and mild acrophobia

i also have social anxiety which i guess is a phobia of some sort?? it's not

A definition of a phobia would be a fear so intense that it interferes with normal living.

I think stuff like anxiety, fear of spiders/snakes/heights, those are natural, healthy fears.

well mines not a phobia either then

still its funny how i didnt have that until like some weeks ago.

Needle phobia too. It's so bad whenever someone even MENTIONS injections or needles I can feel my stomach doing backflips. Haven't gotten any vaccines or blood taken in maybe one or two years, but it's gotten much worse since then and I don't know what might happen when I do.

I've also developed a fear of getting robbed or mugged, which is even worse than if I lived in America since my country is quite insecure. It's pretty commonplace in comparison...

Arachnophobia. Spiders freak me out more than anything and I cannot tolerate them at all. If they're a good distance away from me, and at least decently small, they don't really scare me, but anything up-close and personal and big and long legs and big body oh god please no.

Also, partly lilapsophobia. I'm not scared of hurricanes at all, like actually I absolutely love hurricanes and I think they're gorgeous and wonderful. But tornadoes are absolutely terrifying, and I never want to see one ever in my life. Although they are amazing looking.

Lilapsophobia. Since i live in Texas, we have at
least 2 Tornadoes (But they rarely touchdown, just a
Warning/Watch) and Tornadoes are very common
where i live...The September of 2014 was'nt
pretty...

Autophobia. A fear a isolation. I kinda get
scared (Let me rephrase that VERY SCARED)
When i'm alone...Sometimes i'm afraid
that Slenderman is in my bedroom.

Tornadoes are scary indeed. So glad they've never occurred where I live, even though we get tornado watches sometimes, and in recent years, there have been a couple just outside the city...

Everyone experiences anxiety and stress, though.

It's when it's extreme is when doctors and psychologists classify it as GAD or a phobia.

You need to be more specific with that kind of thing because from the way you're disagreeing with me, I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say.

Labeling anxiety as a broad topic that is healthy and separate from interfering with life is poorly worded, especially when we're defining phobias as fears that have to interfere with quality of life (and it seems most people's listed don't really), as there is more than just GAD, but it's whatever, I was just irked

Oh, okay.

But I can't tell if people are experiencing anxiety (the same thing most people feel before a test, job interview, etc.) or generalized anxiety disorder in this thread, but I assumed it's the former.

Mario Party Σ said:
Oh, okay.

But I can't tell if people are experiencing anxiety (the same thing most people feel before a test, job interview, etc.) or generalized anxiety disorder in this thread, but I assumed it's the former.
I tend to get all nervous during my school
exams, i passed them :D.

This is the time of year where the weather scares me...As
a Lilapsophobe, Tornadoes are very common this time
of year. :eek:

When you think about it, really, being scared of tornadoes seems more like a healthy, normal person fear than a phobia...

Back