Weirdest Mario Enemies

Eri Ayase said:
iirc somebody found official english names for sml2 enemies a while ago

before that all articles were just referring to their japanese names, because only those and the german names were official

Yeah, it can be hard to find information on obscure enemies and bosses in video games, especially when you're looking for the name of one from an obscure game that's a part of a franchise with over 200 entries! Especially when it's an older game like SML2...

Just type Kab-omb embedded in wiki tags and the link will work.

Oh yeah, those things. I remember them in New Super Mario Bros. I'm surprised they even made a reappearance in World Tour because I totally forgot those existed.

mashedpotatoman said:

Didn't help that they only appeared in one level of that game either. The fact that they haven't appeared since up until Mario Golf World Tour probably makes the Kab-ombs one of the rarest enemies in the entire Mario series (especially for one that first appeared in a relatively modern game)!

Toy Chica said:
Those purple...things that melt into electric puddles in Super Mario Galaxy 2, of which the name escapes me right now. (yes even if i have the strategy guide on a shelf 2 feet away im too lazy for that *bleep*)
They're called Fizzlits.

mashedpotatoman said:
Toy Chica said:
Those purple...things that melt into electric puddles in Super Mario Galaxy 2, of which the name escapes me right now. (yes even if i have the strategy guide on a shelf 2 feet away im too lazy for that *bleep*)
They're called Fizzlits.
They or a similar enemy appear in 3D World as well.

mashedpotatoman said:

Ah, something from Yoshi's Island DS! Another weird boss from that game is Priscilla, some kind of antlion larva monster. This isn't related to the topic, but I find it to be one of the easiest bosses in the entire Mario series!

Magikrazy said:
JBX9001 said:
mashedpotatoman said:

Ah, something from Yoshi's Island DS! Another weird boss from that game is Priscilla, some kind of antlion larva monster. This isn't related to the topic, but I find it to be one of the easiest bosses in the entire Mario series!
Why did you change font and font size mid-sentence?

Eh, that was an accident... I didn't know how to change it back either, so I just submitted it as is. Still new around here and all...

Fits right in with Wizpig heads, I guess.

Back