Lego DIMENSIONS! AKA This year's new NFC hit.

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
StarterPack_Americas_All-Platfoms-640x382.png

Apparently, you can use all minifigs, items, and vehicles anywhere in the game (a clear contrast to Disney Infinity) and there will be characters, locations, and objects from different franchises (including DC, The Lego Movie, Lord of the Rings, Ninjago, Back to the Future, and even The Wizard of Oz).

What is your reaction?

at first i was open to the idea but holy cow theres no way im paying $170 for a game and then another $25 for a new character and vehicle, stuff that. even disney infinity isnt this ridiculously priced
its sad because the concept of the game sounds fun but its being brought down by the toys to life making it stupidly expensive. i mean i know that its this expensive because of the lego thats included but still it seems pretty overpriced for a game
i originally thought maybe i'd try to get the starter pack but nope not anymore
this has reminded me of why i stopped buying lego years ago :(

we've had skylanders, we had disney infinity and now we have this

Once again NFC's are good idea on the outside but ridiculous on the inside. the figures are beyond expensive ($15-$25) and give off little extra content. The fact that this game will cost £100 just to buy is ridiculous. I will admit the announcement video is pretty cool.

Lucina said:
we've had skylanders, we had disney infinity and now we have this

Once again NFC's are good idea on the outside but ridiculous on the inside. the figures are beyond expensive ($15-$25) and give off little extra content. The fact that this game will cost £100 just to buy is ridiculous. I will admit the announcement video is pretty cool.
Well, NFC popularity isn't just limited to Disney Infinity, Skylanders, and amiibo. I remember about articles talking about the concern of saturating the market with these figures.

Lumastar said:
There were those telepods for Angry Birds, and similar things have been done in the past (e-Reader anyone?).
e-Reader was really kind of a gimmick though, right?

Back