post any random Mario thought on your mind

Surely I can't be the only person who mentally confuses the soundtracks for Neo Bowser City and Toad's Turnpike, right? I feel like whenever I try to think of the Toad's Turnpike music, I end up getting stuck on the Neo Bowser City music instead.
I mean they have the same echoey feeling but other than that they don't sound similar to me.

they riff off each other. there's segments of neo bowser city's track that samples(?) toad's turnpike's melody

they riff off each other. there's segments of neo bowser city's track that samples(?) toad's turnpike's melody
They have similar elements but don't sound super similar overall.

I still can't believe Kirby Manga Mania got multiple English releases but Mario Manga Mania only got one
yeah i want more mario manga mania. it was funny reading old japanese comics translated into english. well we still got the french ones

They have similar elements but don't sound super similar overall.
i mean some series notes in neo bowser city (the counter melody) are literally the first few notes of toads turnpikes main melody. the music for that track also borrows from mario circuit 3ds/toad circuit and luigi circuit/mario circuit from mario kart wii

the reason rubberluigi has a tendency to hum both songs at once is that they literally share notes in some places so, for example, they end up beginning singing toads turnpike and finish at neo bowser city (by transitioning to mario kart wiis circuit music)

i mean some series notes in neo bowser city (the counter melody) are literally the first few notes of toads turnpikes main melody. the music for that track also borrows from mario circuit 3ds/toad circuit and luigi circuit/mario circuit from mario kart wii

the reason rubberluigi has a tendency to hum both songs at once is that they literally share notes in some places so, for example, they end up beginning singing toads turnpike and finish at neo bowser city (by transitioning to mario kart wiis circuit music)
I know where he's coming from it just sounds closer to the main circuit theme in MK7 to me

Midnite has a change in her eyelash pattern in between cutscenes.

1674268120741.png
1674268080224.png

This appears to be from two different eye/eyelid types, one for wide-eyed expression and the other for squinting, as seen in the cutscene of her defeat where her two smaller eyelash curls move up and down (?) when her bottom eyelid is shown. I can't really tell for sure if this is what is fully happening as I don't have access to a ripped model, but I found it interesting enough to mention.

Reactions: zel
EMaaF5T.jpg

(this happened on London Loop)

Super Mario Motors (red) forever the superior team in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and better than Lord Bowser (blue).

Does anyone even willingly put themselves on Lord Bowser's team? I admit that I liked the blue team better in past games, but MK8 ruined the blue team for me by calling it Lord Bowser.

Last edited:
Honestly, with the fact that friendly fire is active when doing team races, you might as well go back to free-for-all racing; you can be targeted by your own teammate's Spiny Shell, which never happens in Mario Kart Wii (where it targets the leading racer on the opposing team).

Yes, friendly fire is very annoying in Mario Kart 8 Wii U, especially since the bots still target you with Red Shells even if they're on the same team as you.

However, they made some adjustments to the way some items work in Deluxe's team races. Red Shells only home in on racers from the other team, Blue Shells once again target the leader of the opposing team, Bob-ombs won't explode when a teammate approaches them, Piranha Plants won't try to bite your teammates, and Boo only steals an item from an opposing team's racer.

I liked Mario Kart Wii's team mode with the exception of the Lightning item being even more overpowered (both versions of 8 also have this problem). In my opinion, MK7 had the perfect team mode. Red and Blue shells act like how they do in 8 Deluxe, and Lightning affects everybody.

Maybe Petey Piranha?

In Mario Party 1-7 during the mini game instructions screen, the characters go into the image of the mini-game. (And/or the camera just zooms into the image).

Could that be a reference to Super Mario 64 when Mario goes into a painting? That might also explain why the characters are still okay after being in minigames where they are in dangerous situations. Maybe the mini-games take place in an alternate reality.

In Mario Party 1-7 during the mini game instructions screen, the characters go into the image of the mini-game. (And/or the camera just zooms into the image).

Could that be a reference to Super Mario 64 when Mario goes into a painting? That might also explain why the characters are still okay after being in minigames where they are in dangerous situations. Maybe the mini-games take place in an alternate reality.
In some ways, I can see this. I have always thought that the traditional Mario Party gameplay takes elements from Super Mario 64 which was the most recent Mario platformer, with the focus on collecting stars as a goal, so it could support the case on how Mario Party is based on Super Mario 64 similar to how Super Mario Kart is strongly based on Super Mario World with its course themes and powerups (it has the feather, which was an item introduced in that game).

Thank you for reading.

Back