International Transgender Day of Visibility

Just wanting to wish all the people transgendered a great day. For those that don't know about the day, every year on March 31st it's a day spent on celebrating those that are transgendered and to raise awareness to discrimination that they often have to deal with. I know there are quite a few transgendered users on this site, so I thought it would be nice to share this information on this site. I have quite a few friends in real life that are transgendered as well, and it's nice to see them sharing pics and stuff of how proud they are to be who they are.

oh man i just realized that if today is march 31st, then tomorrow is april 1st

quick, i need to assemble my list of places to visit to see their april fool's content

...this isn't mindless junk, you know. you could try not making wildly off-topic and frivolous posts

Transgenders face the basically the same problems as homosexuals...which is essentially why they're on the same LBTG (I think I got the abbreviation wrong) scale, lol. Hopefully we get more media portrayals of normal transgender individuals just how the media needs more normal portrayals of people of other sexual orientations so people would view them as normal people rather than "freaks who lie about their gender". Seriously, that kind of talk is offensive and it should be stopped.

I haven't met any transgender people unfortunately so I really can't say what their lives are like.

man why do people even discriminate trans people in the first place

like they are normal people
it's their own right

Nozomi Toujou said:

it's their own right
Because "normal" people loathe and don't understand things that are out of the ordinary. I mean, at one point, freaking left-handers were persecuted.

Mario Party Σ said:
Nozomi Toujou said:

it's their own right
Because "normal" people loathe and don't understand things that are out of the ordinary. I mean, at one point, freaking left-handers were persecuted.

What...she used "normal" in the sense she's talking about transgendered people

No, my "normal" in quote was referring to "people" in your post ("why do people discriminate trans people in the first place"), I wasn't referring to transgendered people.

I don't know any openly trans people irl, but I know a fair amount online.
It's great to see them sharing pictures and being proud, as people should be free to identify/express themselves as they want and it's a shame transgender people get discriminated for it.

Mario Party Σ said:
No, my "normal" in quote was referring to "people" in your post ("why do people discriminate trans people in the first place"), I wasn't referring to transgendered people.
Oh whoops.

I hope we can arrive at a day where all LBGT can live without fear of persecution.

Happy International Transgender Day of Visibility.

Puddin said:
I hope we can arrive at a day where all LBGT can live without fear of persecution.

Hope this happens one day too. This includes the aces as well.

Baby Luigi said:
"freaks who lie about their gender"
Yeah that's insanely offensive. Luckily I haven't ran into too many people who have that terrible mindset.
Mario Party Σ said:
Puddin said:

Hope this happens one day too. This includes the aces as well.
Same. I may start to believe in humanity again.

power to the transmen, transwomen, and non-binary folk that stand strong in the face of adversity. We're the stars of this age.

Back