1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Re: Nintendo NX

Nabber said:
i mean i didn't expect 4k (Nintendo would say it's too complicated for regular people and they're probably right) and it's highly overrated but it does put Nintendo at a severe disadvantage as a contender to the xbone and ps4
I don't see how it puts them at a disadvantage at all. Few consumers would make a decision to play between the PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch based on resolution specs alone.

It's a matter of games, brand familiarity and functionality.

There is no confirmation about 4k, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. Only the hardware + few games were shown not gimmicks that come with it like 4k.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Most likely Nintendo will have a backup plan for someone to get one remote for far less than the console.
people assumed this would happen with the wii u but instead they developed the most ass-backwards system to manage their gamepads

i actually do have high hopes that the smaller Joy-Con™™™™™ Controllers™ will be available separately considering how this thing is finally dropping all Wii backwards compatibility (and thus those god-forsaken controllers will finally receive a price-drop from the $70 AUD they've been the past decade)

but really it's nintendo so it's more likely you'll have to air-mail your whole console to the factory before a series of carrier pigeons deliver you pieces of a new controller over a series of 12 weeks

I like the main concept that the Nintendo Switch, the idea of getting to play these kinds of games away from the console is great idea and will give the system a competitor differenceover PS4 and Xboc One. It doesn't feel like a gimmick either unlike the Wii Remote and the Wii U gamepad but rather showcasing a different way to play. The amount of third party support looks pmight be a indicator that the system has the potential to do well and this can compete with the big boys.

However the way it was unveiled wasn't great. A short lighthearted trailer doesn't really catch the audiences eye. Also not a big fan of the name right now but that could change depending on how they brand it.

okay so i only watched the trailer once so far on the toilet while at work but what i gathered was

>everything they said about the hybrid stuff is true
>backwards compatibility with wii u games shown with mk8 and splatoon
>new mario

anything else?

Nibbs said:
NSY said:
However the way it was unveiled wasn't great. A short lighthearted trailer doesn't really catch the audiences eye. Also not a big fan of the name right now but that could change depending on how they brand it.
Still a better name and more originality than XBone and PS4

oh the plus side xbone can be used in a variety of sex jokes

okay this is actually better than i expected

apparently nintendo is finally seriously gonna do shit again and it feels good

The Mario Kart for Switch shows off GCN Yoshi Circuit meaning that if this is a new game, it will be number 4 and unless SNES Rainbow Road makes a appearance, they will be tied. GCN Yoshi Circuit is either something people will be familiar with and won't be included in the final game, a new DLC that will be available for Mario Kart 8, GCN from Wii U, but it is still downloadable to the new game, or it is part of the regular retro courses.

Well this looks fun.

Also looking forward to that lack of a region lock, Nintendo are stepping it up.

Hououin Kyouma said:
pretty sure thats just mk8 with more dlc
it strikes me as odd that they'd add an entirely game-changing update/DLC for a game that has received absolutely no support for over a year (animal crossing notwithstanding)

wouldn't making an enhanced port for Mario Kart 8 make more sense than any other game? The groundwork is there, just add the 'switch'ing items mechanic, include all the DLC from MK8, add some new characters and courses and call it a launch title

i don't expect them to update Mario Kart 8 with these features at all, otherwise what's the point of
making the switch
from wii u

oh

also i thought "well this game looks like a skyrim clone" when they showed that one game the guy in the plane was playing

turns out its actually skyrim (remastered) lol

Nibbs said:
NSY said:
Still a better name and more originality than XBone and PS4

Nintendo wants people to switch off the Wii u.

This raises a few speculations:
1) Storage: SD card storage, Cloud storage?
2) Online Func.: Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, Nintendo Network?
3) Battery: Last longer than 3DS? Does it have a charger besides the Switch Dock? Does the Joy-Con have their own source of power.
4) Possible amiibo compatibility? (i'm guessing it isn't built-in, but an NFC adapter would support it?)
5) And no more Wii series? What could be a warm-up game for Switch (much like Nintendo Land for Wii U, Wii Sports/Wii Play for Wii)?

Re: Nintendo NX

Nabber said:
Nintendo wants to be in the ballpark of "serious" game consoles but i really can't seem them try to make a dedicated console killer. they've never been about that life
Maybe that's because this dedicated console killer is called a gaming PC. Gimmicks might save it from being an inferior PC clone with only exclusives to muster it. Heck, the Skyrim on THS seems better than the Skyrim on the other consoles purely because you can take that Skyrim around while the PC version has mod support.

I'm relieved that this looks absolutely nothing like the fake leak though the fake leak did have some interesting ideas.

That Mario game seems like a tech demo to me rather than a game announcement. I do like the Latin theme (though obviously incomplete-looking) and the idea that this game resembles the first two Mario platformers somewhat, but if this becomes a full-on game, hope it has multiplayer support. I don't think that Mario Kart 8 footage I was seeing is supposed to be an entirely new game but maybe Mario Kart 8.5. I myself wouldn't complain about it. Maybe they'll add the characters we want, including King Boo. The two items per character doesn't sound THAT mind-blowing though, since you can technically carry two in Mario Karts before. Carrying only one item at a time was a Mario Kart 8 thing. I also wonder if this whole portable controller thing would lead to no splitscreen like in that basketball or Splatoon part, but Mario Kart 8 DOES have splitscreen.

I'm hoping the battery life is decent and I'm also hoping the controller is durable. I'm glad that this console pretty much expands on the off-TV play concept because it was a great thing the Wii U had. Wii U's problems were the controller's bad battery life and getting a replacement controller is a pain in the ass. I have a messy left control stick that makes games barely playable, so I'm left to Wiichuck when I'm playing. Ugh.

Glowsquid said:
*img of partners*

If From Software being on there means I can get a portable Armored Core (with controls that aren't awful), I'm in.
I just wonder why Autodesk, behind Maya, 3DS Max, etc. are there lol

You know the best part of that trailer was that there were no Amiibos, not one in site.

Maybe the Switch would have amiibo support, maybe it would have an NFC adapter like the one on original 3DS (if no NFC reader on the Switch itself).
3DS_amiibo.jpg

NSY said:
You know the best part of that trailer was that there were no Amiibos, not one in site.
I don't.

So here's my first post...
I wanted a wii u, but, after watching the trailer, realised that I probably won't get one until this gets released. So I want it instead. (Yes, i don't have any game consoles, and this is really sad.)
I have a feeling that the paper mario on this might have different switchable partners, not just one floating thing appearing out of nowhere constantly.

Meh, the Wii U has an... all right line up. Of Nintendo games. It's probably a silver lining on that dark cloud that you didn't get a Wii U, though, especially how this seems to have a lot of "better" Wii U games already. I also don't think we'll be getting a Paper Mario until much later, but eh, that concept works.

Back