Acclaimed games you dislike

Smash Melee

Because too fast

DragonFreak said:
Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2

do I even have to explain again why I don't like the game?
No. I don't get any of the appeal besides maybe the addition of Yoshi. It doesn't have a plot, the levels aren't as fun, it's boring as hell. Sorry for all those who like SMG2, but it's just a bad game that honestly shouldn't have existed. It's basically a 50 dollar DLC.
THANK YOU

Magikrazy said:
It doesn't have a plot,
Neither do any other Super Mario games.
Yeah but when you have the first in the sequel that has some plot, or I guess technically a background story that is actually pretty cool and then the sequel has squat, it's pretty disappointing.

Dinomic Duo said:
Magikrazy said:
It doesn't have a plot,
Offended, it has the best plot ever

Those complicated ones make the game's story hard to remember if you get up and walk away for a month or so
I never had that problem. Ever.

DragonFreak said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Magikrazy said:
It doesn't have a plot,

Those complicated ones make the game's story hard to remember if you get up and walk away for a month or so
I never had that problem. Ever.
Every Zelda game I've ever played

Magikrazy said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Magikrazy said:
It doesn't have a plot,
Why? Why are you offended?
Dinomic Duo said:
it has the best plot ever

imo SMG1 sucked in comparison to SMG2. two was basically one on steroids. I had way more fun with it and to me it was a big step up from one. (or step down in my case since I played two first and then one).

also idrc about mainstream Mario games having plots or backstories or w/e. it's Mario, not fucking Zelda.

Dinomic Duo said:
Magikrazy said:
It doesn't have a plot,

This isn't logical in the slightest. Do you have the memory of a goldfish? Are you really saying that any game that has a plot more complex then Mario saves the Princess from Bowser can't be memorable?

I certainly hope you don't choose Movies or TV Shows with the same narrow-mindedness

Tomoko Kuroki said:
imo SMG1 sucked in comparison to SMG2. two was basically one on steroids. I had way more fun with it and to me it was a big step up from one. (or step down in my case since I played two first and then one).

also idrc about mainstream Mario games having plots or backstories or w/e. it's Mario, not fucking Zelda.
Welcome to Mario gameplay club, where we don't give a shit about story elements.

Northern Verve said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Magikrazy said:
It doesn't have a plot,

This isn't logical in the slightest. Do you have the memory of a goldfish? Are you really saying that any game that has a plot more complex then Mario saves the Princess from Bowser can't be memorable?

I certainly hope you don't choose Movies or TV Shows with the same narrow-mindedness
I don't, because TV shows are much more memorable.

And yes, I have the memory of a goldfish (obviously)

I get that if you're playing a game that has you explore to you're hearts content, then you stop for a bit and come back later, you may forget what you were trying to do, but the plot itself rarely has anything to do with that.

Although that never happens to me because if I play an RPG I'll probably get stuck then quit, come back to it and say "hey what if I tried this?" then I get past certain obstacle and get through. And if it's something like Metroid there's a map and in future games like Prime it tells you where to go to get stuff done if you remain idle or not doing anything for doing for too long. Finally with Zelda I probably won't put it down until it's finished.

Back on topic, I hate Skylanders as mentioned before, and I guess I'm not big into ORAS as most people are

Do some people hate Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time which one of the most critically acclaimed games of all time? I did kinda like Sands of Time but I never beat it.

The only game I dislike is G.U.N. for the PS2, GameCube and Xbox.

DragonFreak said:
Ooohhh my opinions...

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2

do I even have to explain again why I don't like the game?
No. I don't get any of the appeal besides maybe the addition of Yoshi. It doesn't have a plot, the levels aren't as fun, it's boring as hell. Sorry for all those who like SMG2, but it's just a bad game that honestly shouldn't have existed. It's basically a 50 dollar DLC.

Other games I don't like:
MKDS. To this day, the most underwhelming boring MK game that I ever experienced. Yes, even more boring than Super Circuit. I have played all the courses, and the only ones that I liked were Tick Tock Clock and Baby Part ( :birdo: ). This game as a pretty good fanbase, but it's so bland and unentertaining.

Any game with minigames as it's main focus. Just, I don't enjoy any of those.

Ocarina of Time. Ok I don't dislike it, I'm just a big "meh" on it. There's sooooo many better Zelda games imo. But compared to how a lot of other people love it, it might as well count as a "dislike"

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Only gameplay-wise. The story was great, with witty humor and distinct characterizations, but the gameplay was just dull, IMO (especially during the flying parts).

To be honest, I never had fun with any of the Kirby spin-offs either (with the exception of Epic Yarn, but even then, it's not on the level of Return to Dream Land)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the original
-Twilight Princess had dull gameplay
-The original had barely any puzzle-solving

Every single 2D platformer (except for Shovel Knight)

I used to like Pokemon, but SoulSilver was my last Pokemon game and now I dislike the series. Not that I utterly disliked SoulSilver, it was fun at the moment, but as every Pokemon game before, the same thing happened: it got boring. Unless it drastically changes its formula, I will not pick up a future Pokemon game.

Also the Mega Man series as a whole.

Back